Very importent matter that must be discussed!!!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Very importent matter that must be discussed!!!

Post by Sureal »

OK - so it's not that important, but if you yurn to page 40 in your army book, and look at the witch elf on the front rank and to the right, you'll notice something...
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

a little khorne symbol!! man that is well spotted
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

OOOOOH! What would that mean, I wonder? Perhaps Khaine really is Khorne! Or perhaps that PARTICULAR Witch Elf thinks that Khaine is Khorne. In any case, it's pretty weird. Nice spotting.
Goodbye.
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

There's an older 4th or 5th ed picture -- back during the era of Witch elves with bad 80's Hair Band 'do's -- that i saw in my World of Warhammer book where a Witch Elf is wearing this goofy pointy hat and it has a very large, very prominent Khorne symbol on it.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

very nice spotting...but why the "¤#%& would she wear that thing, unless khaine is khorne....
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Beats me.
Some one look at their minitures to see if theirs has that on (I don't have any to llok at.).
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

i still don't think khaine is khorne, and i keep my beleif in a death grip, im not letting go :!:
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Khaine isn't Khorne - that's what I belive at least.
Remember that Khorne hates magic - and you could say that so does the TOK, but one of the spells in the dark magic list revolves armound Khaine, as does with one of the HE spells.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I thought at first that it is a mark of khorne but it is not! Look closer. It has little "teeth" at the bottom and mark of khorne doesn't have them. I have an theory why they are so similiar. IMO elves "invented" chaos gods symbols so they gave god of slaughter (khorne) symbol similiar to their god of war symbol. Look again mark of khorne and mark of khaine (as I call it) are not the same.
and BTW that's my favourite Witch elf model :)
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

I've just taken another look at the picture, in search for another trace of that sign - but then it sudenlly struke me - the standard bearer!
THe rune on it is similar to the mark of khorne, and just like the little sign on the first model - it even has the teeth!

I wonder if Korne and Khaine are related somehow.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Look again... the standard is completely different
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Can't be bothered to go get the book - so I'll take your word on it.
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

Here we go again with the thing about gods. :)

For me, these matters are rather clear:

1. Gods are the embodiment of a specific race psychic "feelings", ie, a track of such race in the warp.

2. Each god represents one aspect of such race's psychic mind.

3. There are some gods that may take up one aspect of all the races together, like Slaanesh does, since the psychic views of such races are coincidental in the way they think of such things (this case, the idea of pleasure would be identical both for Humans and Eldar, for example).

4. Hence, Khorne is the God of War/Death/Murder for humans, but the very same aspect of it in the eldar psyche would be a bit more "elegant", ie Khaine, or directed in a more ritualistic way, as is Khaine when confronted to Khorne. Khaine requires captives to be sacrificed a certain way. Khorne only cares about battle laughter. Khaine also likes battle laughter, though it is not the only way to please him; a death carefully laid out (ie, the sacrifices the Witch Elves make) also brings great pleasure to Khaine.

That's the way I see it, anyway. And it seems GW seem to think alike, as can be seen in some little sentences they have leaked in Chaos books, both in 40K and FB.

Just my 0.02 cents :)
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Ezeraal
Corsair

Post by Ezeraal »

There are most definately strong correlations between Khorne and Khaine. Referencing specifically "sect enmity", the fact you can only deploy the assassin in witch elves (a khaine 'marked' character), the basic frenzy as well.

Taking it a step further, the cry of "blood for the blood god" replicated in some sense by an apparent WE fascination with blood sacrifices (let's gather blood for our god, damn where shall we put it? Ooh look a nice big cauldron ;) ).

However Yeurl's points of aspects of a god, according to the psyche of each race, is also well made. The fluffy function of the cauldron mentions restoring vitality and youth, more a decadent thing than a khorne thing. Also witch elf rituals are eluded to as being magical in nature, not very khorne either.

In conclusion, kind of a combination between some khornate beliefs and the natural DE affinity with magic.
The darkness is here and you will fall...
Calindor
Executioner

Post by Calindor »

I think that Dalamar has a good point about the gods. For me Khaine has always been a sperate god from khorne. Always has been since I started to play WFRP where they are diffrent gods.
In Lord Malekith we trust!
Odium khan
Slave on the Altar

Post by Odium khan »

Take a look at the front page of the 5th ed army book if you have one.
Thunder is good.
Thunder is impressive.
But its lightning that does the work.
Decheran
Evil Henchman

Post by Decheran »

Sureal wrote:
I wonder if Korne and Khaine are related somehow.

yah, khorne is khaine's biatch :D
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
-Carl Sagan
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

remember that dark elves once belonged to the chaos armies back in the 2 major hardback books.

and there they worshipped Khorne. later GW described them as "worshipping khorne who they call Khaine"
Sortelveren
Dark Emissary

Post by Sortelveren »

nooooooooooooo....
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Not even You!!

Hilsen Sortelveren
www.hardwareHQ.dk
Metuant
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Metuant »

here's a small quote from the dark elf book:
"It is one of the strengths of our culture, my son, that we do not readily embrace the truth."

heh :twisted:
They conquer who believe they can.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

:D

I heard, that Khaine is an aspect of Khorne. But really, who cares! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Odium khan
Slave on the Altar

Post by Odium khan »

That means High elves are worshipping khorne...

DEATH TO THE CHAOS CULTISTS!!!!!!! :twisted:
Thunder is good.
Thunder is impressive.
But its lightning that does the work.
Impure souls
Highborn

Post by Impure souls »

i saw this in white dwarf ages ago and its pretty obvious. khorne is khaine and we cant stop that so in other words we are all doing the dirty work for khorne. because we have good boats and chaos followers would have to sail to far to kill HE so we do it for them.khorne also realises that with the HE out of the equation the chaos gods have free roam of the world!! but GW wont do that. making one army bigger than the others because no one will play.so instead they do the whole stand still thing where no race does anything, and if they do something some stupid idiot manages to stop the war. thus said, we all know whats going to happen to archaon he will be killed of or better for GW he is beaten not killed sulks for a bit(sounds familair{malekith})and tries again.or still better for GW he rises to deamonhood and goes again,this way the get to make a giant archaon deamonprince model just to show off.............
i shape my weapons, from the fears of my enemy.
Magron
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Magron »

Thanee wrote::D

I heard, that Khaine is an aspect of Khorne. But really, who cares! ;)

Bye
Thanee

I read about khaine being an aspect of khorne somewhere, don't know where unfortunately... :?

-Magron
Elvenknight
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

Post by Elvenknight »

The question isn't why that WE is wearing a Kohrne symbol, but why Sureal was looking at a pic of a half naked woman for so long he saw the symbol :D
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie!" untill you can find a big stick.

The Album is here for all your army photos - Album Moderator