Exec Champions with ToK upgrades

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Should Draich-Master's be able to get upgrades?

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 29

Dr. jones
Cold One Knight

Exec Champions with ToK upgrades

Post by Dr. jones »

Designing my MSU army list i realised that Exec Champoins are also followers of Khaine and yet they dont get the ToK upgrades that Hags recieve. Our hated Asur kin get upgrades for most of their special unit champions so why cant we?!
I am the club commander, I rule the club, when you see the word club, you'll see my face on it!
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Because we are not asur and because they are more magical than we are.. now why is this? I don't know.. I believe we should be able to give magic items to our champions, at least to the Draich-Master and the Captain of the Guard (BG). But not ToK, that's for witches..
Kreol
Brush Master

Post by Kreol »

Every DE is follower of Khaine(or now in SoC will be some Slannesh)so all DE should ToK? NO because ToK shows that they was trained in ToK and those artifacts,skilles & poisions are secrets.(DE Armybook p.22)
So GooD To Be EviL!!
Gorbad ironclaw
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gorbad ironclaw »

Generally, I would rather prefer him not to be any more expensive anyway. It's still a model with a poor armour save and a single wound. I don't need to push the cost of it up more than it is.
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

i think they should and i agree with DR jones
Dr. jones
Cold One Knight

Post by Dr. jones »

thanks for that, i think that as they are also from the aspect of Khaine they should get 25pts of upgrades, imagine +1A, omg that be'd cool in a Challenge!
I am the club commander, I rule the club, when you see the word club, you'll see my face on it!
Plaguescythe
Noble

Post by Plaguescythe »

i said yes but i think that the only thing they should get is to go by initative in combat, like the friggen swordmasters
Chosen Warlord Of Nurgle
Dark whisper
Corsair

Post by Dark whisper »

I say no, because I prefer the simplicity of the executioner unit rather than weighing it or its champions down with too many options or upgrades. For one thing i don't believe they should take any options from the temple of khaine list because they are not a part of the temple of khaine. Their regard for khaine is much the same as any other ordinary warrior or dark elf citizen.
Dr. jones
Cold One Knight

Post by Dr. jones »

Dark Whisper, WTF?!!! They represent KHAINE in the aspect of the EXECUTIONER, their whole life and martial practice revolves around KHAINE!
Dark whisper
Corsair

Post by Dark whisper »

:roll: But they are not a part of the TEMPLE OF KHAINE. I do think people take their association with khaine to a higher level than they really are. After all as someone else has already pointed out, pretty much anything else in our army can be associated with khaine in some aspect including our sorceresses. So as Karth has already pointed out, should everything else in our army be allowed to use these options?
Cronos
Assassin

Post by Cronos »

I'd say that they should not be able to have the dance of doom, as they wear heavy armour and that would prove impossible to do.
Kulrik (Group 39)
WS:4 S:4 T:4 D:2 I:4
Class: Warrior
Equipment: Light armour, Sea dragon cloak, Mace, Dagger.
Inventory: -
Skills: -
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

No, from a purely game/rules perspective. I think it would make a Exe chap to powerful and to much like a demi character, which is truer to the Asur then to us. I could perhaps see them with extra stuff perhaps from the magic item list, but the TOK? No, there isn't the same culty, religious nut feel to the exes that there is to WE.

Althought hinking about it I think the BG champ should begiven 25pts to spend in the DE armoury/magic list.
Pleased to be back
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Anaryin wrote:they are more magical than we are.. now why is this? I don't know

Because in ages past they used to make tons of magic items, and after the sundering when we fled we diddent have time to grab very many so most of our magic items are crafted in naggaroth while the High Elves had a whole bunch of magic items to start whit and the ones theyre crafting now.

And thats also why they get a discout on pts
(imo)
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

I think it would be fun with upgs for exe champ, but there isnt really anything that would be useful,( i mean for the points cst, witch brew is hags ONLY...) and it would be weird with exe champs carrying weapons coated in poison, dont you agree. Their weapons should be coted in the enemys guts!
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Iron_panther
Black Guard

Post by Iron_panther »

Agreed. The only upgrades that makes some sense are te cry of war or rune of khaine, but on the other hand, those are some sweet upgrades! The warcry can reduce the number of retalliaotion hits from WS3 Joe Trooper, and the rune makes the exe champ HARD! Not that I think we'd get them, but still...
Why does it feel so good to be bad?
Riverrat
Shade

Post by Riverrat »

yeah i feel champs (and also nobles/ highborns) shld get ToK upgrades.
but only the non poison ones....
dark elves being like a warlike race shld be able to develope these skills over the years of fighting... eg, champs (who are khaine worshippers anyway )are able to evoke the name of khaine to aid them in the battlefeild...
these skills are separate from the poisons list...
i'm tiking of something like the eldar erach (spelling) powers here...

blue skies...
Deathangel_321
Executioner

Post by Deathangel_321 »

I will vote yes, but only thay should be able to take UPGRADES as it says, not ToK.
I reckon there should be more limitations, or a NEW upgrade list alltogether...
No poisons. Definately.
The Guild of ?????
Strike in Initiative or +1A order seems good to me.
How many nuns would a nun-chuck chop if a nun-chuck could chop nuns?

the Angel of Death is back...