a Poll on what to arm your Highborn (mounted) with

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Which is better for a Highborn on a mount, Crimson Death or Gauntlet of Power/Magic Shield of some sort?

Crimson Death
21%
Gauntlet of Power/Magic Shield of some sort
79%

Total votes: 19

Vormav
Slave (off the Altar)

a Poll on what to arm your Highborn (mounted) with

Post by Vormav »

I still cannot seem to find which I would rather have on a mounted Highborn. a Crimson Death to up him to Strength 6, that way the Highborn gets to use that Initiative 8 because not much else will be going before him, or a Gauntlet of Power and then an Enchanted Shield (or some other magic shield) to give him Strength 8 with a very nice armor save, usually around 0+-2+ depending on what mount. Just not sure, I can't seem to decide, maybe you all can enlighten me :)
"Well Khalek," Yeurl said smugly, waving an expressive hand to indicate the carnage just wrought. "You were saying something about cavalry and an open field?"

- Lord Yeurl, to his advisor Khalek against the Bretonnians.
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I'd give the highborn gauntlet of power and croen of black iron, or gauntlet of power and enchanted shield

Bye
Lord Thalack
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I voted for Gauntlet since I use it almost in every battle. Combined with Crown of Balck Iron... (Dragon Lord without ward save is dead quite fast). But I tend to limit using Gauntlet (Don't like 40k wargear too much) and will experiment with other stuff...
Crimsondeath
Cold One Knight

Post by Crimsondeath »

Well, if the Highborn is mounted on a Cold One, I often just give him a Greatweapon and the Crown of Black Iron. I don't like to spend big on magic items anyway.

If you're mounting your Highborn on a Dragon (or other beastie), then a Ward Save is essential, as is the best armour you can get. Enchanted Shield/Shield of Ghrond plus the Crown of Black Iron is a good idea. A regular Lance, or possibly the Sword of Might for the weapon. A Highborn on a dragon with the Gauntlet of Power is going just a tad overboard IMHO... :roll:
There's nothing to see here. Move along.
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

I'd have to say it depends on what ur fighting. If ur fighting our ***** brethern i suggest using the venom sword. It's ability works great against those traourous prince and other ***** High Elfs. If you're facing someone a bit tougher (lets say Chaos) then i would have to suggest the executioners axe. (S10 against the lords!) This is a very good way to go!
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Gauntlet every time, with the enchanted shield.

I don't worry too much about his saves 'coz generally there isn't anything left to attack back.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

With the gauntlet, chariots go boom! :D Really a much better item in many cases iif you canget the charge (so if he's on a monster its great). It also lets you crack down on some of the nastier monsters and other high toughness creatures (dragon ogre drake anyone?). All that and it can be combined with a shield.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Evil pigeon
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Evil pigeon »

I'm pretty new to warhammer, and only played my first game last saturday against a nurgle chaos army which I drew. but any way what is the gauntlet of power and where do I find the rules to it.

thanks
Have You Hugged Your Dark Elves Today?
Vormav
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vormav »

The Gauntlet of Power grants the bearer Strength 8, no armor saves, and strikes last. It's not in the Army Book so I'd assume it was updated in a White Dwarf issue.
"Well Khalek," Yeurl said smugly, waving an expressive hand to indicate the carnage just wrought. "You were saying something about cavalry and an open field?"

- Lord Yeurl, to his advisor Khalek against the Bretonnians.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

Simaside wrote:I'm pretty new to warhammer, and only played my first game last saturday against a nurgle chaos army which I drew. but any way what is the gauntlet of power and where do I find the rules to it.

thanks

It is in the albion section on the GW site.
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

|seraphon|
Beastmaster

Post by |seraphon| »

i voted for the guantlet because with this weapon you can kill chariots almost instant.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The albion link is at the top of the rules questions forum, courtesy of Thanee
Dsaldur
Highborn

Post by Dsaldur »

I voted crimson death, due of it's not a strike last weapon. But I wouldn't use it against everyone.

Does everyone always use gauntlet of power? maybe it's just me cause I haven't really played any 2000+ battles so much... so I don't have much points for lords etc..

Do you then put 'em on a dark pegasus so he can fly around taking big ones out?
Keep of those Swedes, they're hot!!!
D'Saldur, druchii of the danes.
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Normally I use a high sorceress, but the question was with what to arm a highborn and then I'd say the gauntlet

Bye
Lord Thalack
Highborn malakar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Highborn malakar »

us your high I to your advantage i always use a highborn in executioners(30-6x5) with crim death crown of black iron blood armour and sea cloak :twisted:
Undead shall purge ALL who oppose their iron will