Trojan Horse Army

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

What do you mean the rabbit doesnt look good?! I love it!!!
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Nice idea.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Com_azreal
Black Guard

Post by Com_azreal »

I would only ever show up on the last turn if faced with an army that is very WAAC, like a true SAD army, or one of those Chaos Lord with Staff of Change, GEOT and Dragon.

I would prefer to win by beating my opponent the good 'ol fashion way, up close and personal. With the BSB making me stubborn, I should stick around with even apalling Beastmen leadership, and wieght of numbers should allow for flanking and rear attacks. That's my plan, and sticking to it has a been a bit hard. I don't know who your friends are, but I wonder why your "friends" would beat you up over a game. Mine laugh after seeing my Trojan Horse, and applaud my creativity rather than losing their temper. This is what army I would like to take to a GT. I'm sure it would get a mention in a WD.

One solid Victory against Empire, five or so minor Victories, a like number of draws and a similar, if a bit less number of losses. Not bad for a core only army.

Pitched battles allow me to show up whenever I can hit my opponent the hardest, although capture is a little harder to coordinate. I'm not sure how a breakthrough would work, as couldnt I just show up where i had to break through and move out? haven't played one yet though.
A great man knows that no one is better than he.

But a truly great man appreciates, too, that he is no better than anyone else.
Meesta elphe
Trainee Warrior

Post by Meesta elphe »

rabbits are friggin awesome..
[damn you beebo.. my mother was a saint!!]
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

They wouldn't literally beat me up :P. Just a figure of speech.

Breakthrough seems kind of unfair with this list lol. Just showing up at the right end?

Good to hear you like to bet your opponents though. i hate people who find easy ways to win (granted, I still think Ordanace and shooty armies-not toooo shooty in WhFb, are fair. It's armies that bypoass rules I don't like. Or hugely magical. *shidders at thought of 3000 pts of tzeentch).

And I bet Hidden Deployment is just way too easy for you to do...
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Com_azreal
Black Guard

Post by Com_azreal »

The only army I don't like is the Khorne army with undivided mages, hellcannons, and DoW shooting.

Whiteboypolka
Beastmaster

Post by Whiteboypolka »

that idea sounds so cool.

I definitely wouldn't want to fight that army.

sounds like a billiant Idea and I'm glad its working out for you.

and is the trojan horse just a normal beastman tuskgor chariot?

and one last question. Wouldn't you lose if you had no units on the field i.e. if they killed off your chariot before your ambushers arrive? or could you just sit there till late in the game?
Stop me if you've heard this one...

hyetemplar wrote:i mean its pretty clear at least in my eyes khaine is a 2 timing wh0r3

(Starts running away from Naggaroth)
Com_azreal
Black Guard

Post by Com_azreal »

The Chariot is represented by a massive Trojan Horse that looks like the one from the movie Troy. It is about 7" high and overlaps the chariot base by quite a bit on all sides, but is high enough off the ground so you can still use the base for combat placement. Granted, its harder to move through Terrain and tends to snag and knock things down, but the effect on your opponent's face is worth it.

If the chariot dies, nothing really happens. I can still sound the ambush any turn after the first. I could sit off the board for the entire game, but I prefer to come on turn 2.

Lewton
Cold One Knight

Post by Lewton »

Killing every model in the opposing army doesn't automatically win you the game unless specifically stated in the scenario (a very important rule to remember if a Slayer cult army is involved)

I like the humourous intent even if game play is bizarre. Just for comedy value a few months ago when a friend and I spent an afternoon playing Border Patrol with all sorts of different forces I made a dwarf force that consisted of a Thane, a unit of Rangers (Scouts) and a unit of Miners (enter during the game). The Thane is a character so deploys last with all other characters so I could actually do the thing of sit back and say, "Okay, you deploy" forcing my opponent to place all of his units before I placed anything!
Sentence in recent TV guide, "Bound to appeal to teenage boys of all ages and both sexes." ?!?!

All you druchii who, like me, have a long beard in the closet, get yourselves over to:
www.freewebs.com/karakeightpeaks