Underway Clearing Party

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Lethalis
Loremaster

Underway Clearing Party

Post by Lethalis »

Having heard of the betrayal of Morathi against her son and true King Malekith, Lethalis Lotusblade, a somewhat wealthy noble Elf who has been on the background a lot, thus avoiding assassinations but earning recognision, decided to fight for the king even in his absence, thinking he surel would be rewarded. However, noticing that it would be unwise to fight Morathi without her showing signs to take Naggarond by force, Leth marched to the Underway instead. Rumours had it that all kinds of fuzzy creatures had appeared. When the first scouts came back, they brought reports confirming the rumours. Skaven and Dwarves had appeared, and their vanguards were pushing through, isolating several Druchii camps. Immediately, Lethalis called upon his personal guard and had the scouts guide him. As they went in the tunnels, noises could be heard of nervous steps. Calling orders, Lethalis prepared himself to fight.

500 points Border Patrol, meant to fight in the Underway

Lethalis, Noble with halberd, blood armour and SDC

5 DR, musician
5 DR, musician, Herald( maybe banner)

11 Black Guard
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

heralds are a waste of points. they only have one attack. use the points for the herald on something else. i would suggest dropping one of the dr units and replacing it with a unit of warriors with rxbows and shields.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

i would suggest dropping one of the dr units and replacing it with a unit of warriors with rxbows and shields.

They are supposed to fight in an underway so I think that DR's are a good choice.

I agree with what beastmater kurlan said about the herald though because if they don't have rxb's the herald isn't much help. I would either put in a standard in the DR's or Black Guard(you could put in a musician for the Black Guard or a master), or make the Black Guards unit bigger.
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

The thing is, I'm afraid that unless my general kills a lot, his save is a little bit weak. So I have the Herald, which is expendable (hence, he was useless after all ;)) can issue and accept challenges for him, so that he might pull another 2 kills off, which can make all the difference.

Though, maybe a banner would be more wise. Maybe I should just have a champ in the guard?
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Champion for the Black Guard would be a better choice, but a "fast" List, good and Druchii like.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Black guard in 500 pts... that is good :) ghehehe units that won't flee, and 2 flankers :) great list...
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

i think it would be better to buy a standard.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

beastmaster kurlan wrote:i think it would be better to buy a standard.

On what unit would that be?
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

i meant on the black guard.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

With the character, I think I either lose the combat big time or win it big time, so a banner more or less isn't too effective I think.

However, a BG champ as a personal bodyguard...hmm, not a bad idea at all. I think I'll do that.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Smart one, gives an extra attack, and someone to take the challenges :D go for it!
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Ok, replace Herald with Master.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

That is a very good choice. It will save your general from being attacked
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

My next (read: first) opponent will be playing Skaven, Eshin. He will have:

Chieftain

8 Night Runners
9 Night Runners

Eshin Triad

The Chieftain will have the 4+ ward save thingey, and the night runners have slings and add. hw's.

Any tactics? I'm reckoning the Triad is quite dangerous, being scouts, they could try to finish off the DR, as could the night runners, while I will have difficulties even charging them because of that Darkness rule. Also, as I have no missile weapons, and they have, I'm forced to move to them.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

to deal with Skaven:

Get the Black Guard to tie up the Night Runners, then have both units of Dark Riders draw the Triad away, then have the Black Guard to see and kill them, might work, you have Strength 4 Elves.
oh, and don't kill the Skaven Cheiftain, his Amulet is the Warpstone Amulet and at the end of the game he might die, giving you Victory Points for him
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Get the Black Guard to tie up the Night Runners

So you want me to tie up a M6 skirmishing unit that can run around me and shoot with my T3 5+ save Elves? I think I can manage to lure the triad out, as long as they don't charge me...
oh, and don't kill the Skaven Cheiftain, his Amulet is the Warpstone Amulet and at the end of the game he might die, giving you Victory Points for him

You know what? I know what it does. I know the chances he might die are, namely 1 out of 4 (mathematically it's 1 out of 6, I know, but you need to roll a 2+ to survive...figures :P) and I also know that he has every chance to survive. So if I win combat, and his night runners with chieftain run away, I should not persue them according to you? :?
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

ah, no then, use the try and lure tactics though, it might work.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Anyone else got any views on this? Who knows, the fate of the Underway may depend on it ;)