LSG List Q&A

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

LSG List Q&A

Post by Jeffleong13 »

All -

Another list has been posted on the Campaign site - the Arnhelm contingent of the Lothern Sea Guard.

Any questions, please post them here.

Enthardon and I are authorized to answer.

Jeff
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Very nice... some subtle fixes to the glaring problems of the LSG, plus the addition of some combat-worty units.

I especially like the free LA on the Ship's Company with the option for Sheilds or extra weapons... Being able to field an infantry unit with a 4+AS in combat is huge in this list.

One question... with the obvious intent of the Sea Drake Hunters as a tarpit, and them being immune to fear or terror, why not make them immune to psych or stubborn? It'd be a real shame to use those nets to perfection and hold up a charge and then break in combat just because of a standard and ranks. (plus, the fact they can't take a Musician makes them vulnerable to ties as well, although this isn't that bad of a problem testing on Ld8)

Anyway... sorry to second guess you guys. I'll shut up now. ;)

No obvious questions or problems as far as I can see.
Sugacapra
Black Guard

Post by Sugacapra »

very nice list, i've translated it in italian, and posted in gw italian forum... appear that many asur like this list much more that the actual.

some ask me if this is the original "sea elf list.."
Bucheronis
Executioner

Post by Bucheronis »

This list is far more interesting than the normal one indeed.

Are the nets one use only ( like the night goblins ones ), or can they be used every combat ?
Because whoever will be caught by the nets is very likely to tore them apart to get his freedom back...
"And the meaning of life is ♀"↓¶¦-+6tÆx)*↨♀a?"
"Ummm, actually yes it is..."
"Yep, the worst part is that I know that's the meaning of life... but I don't understand a word of it."
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Nets are used in each combat - but only in the first turn. The idea is that the hunters have more than just one net with them, but that each time they are used the enemies get free after a while.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Mithraelkar
Shade

Post by Mithraelkar »

A friend of mine has expressed interest in this list but is questioning the ruling of no dragon mounts?

Can someone involved in the list's creation provide any kind of justification for this change? His opinion is that the change is a little unfounded?
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Sure, I'll explain it to you.

Dragons reside exclusively in Caledor, the Dragon Princes claim sole claim over riding them into battle. The Sea Guard do not have access to dragons - especially in their recent decline according to the fluff. It'd be like taking the Cauldron of Blood in a CoS list - it simply wouldnt' make sense.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Mithraelkar
Shade

Post by Mithraelkar »

Enthardon wrote:Sure, I'll explain it to you.

Dragons reside exclusively in Caledor, the Dragon Princes claim sole claim over riding them into battle. The Sea Guard do not have access to dragons - especially in their recent decline according to the fluff. It'd be like taking the Cauldron of Blood in a CoS list - it simply wouldnt' make sense.

Danke sehr :)

I shall pass on this info.
Fireblade
Warrior

Post by Fireblade »

Well, I like this list a lot, finally a worthy list for the seaguard. In this army, the lothern seaguard is really worth taking. The special rule is great.

Now I have a little question, Wich models should I use to represent the sea drake hunters of Cothique.
I hope the druchii don't think they can stand a chance against the combined power of the high elf provinces.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Some people have suggested Dark Eldar witches w/ tridents, I know someone who is trying out old 5th phoenix guard models. I myself am using spearelf mail skirt, archer chest and head (w/ green stuff so they don't have a mullet), fine wiremesh for the nets and the beastmaster spear for the trident.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Enthardon -

Have you gotten around to the conversion article yet?

J
Shannar, sealord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shannar, sealord »

Ah, actually what I'm doing is useing the old PG models (beacuse I have a bunch) with DE tridents. I've also decided on the wiremesh to make a few nets.
Mithraelkar
Shade

Post by Mithraelkar »

:?:

"-Stealth Strike: All scouting units in the army may participate in a special round of shooting (including characters with Shadow Armor). During this round of shooting the shooters ignore all negative to hit modifiers, and may target any enemy unit on the table regardless of range, line of sight, and proximity to friendly troops (although they may not take out single characters within a regiment of similar sized models). This represents the sea rangers moving before the infantry and assailing the enemy forces. "

Does the GW clarification of the original rule apply here? That is, can 2 units of Shadow Rangers concentrate fire on one enemy unit rather than having to target each unit ONCE...?
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Heres something about the Dragons. I just read the Citizen Levy article on the baby dragons, and it seems that there are young dragons being born and raised by different Asur Princes. Can we not include them in the list, if we want to use one?
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

@Mithraelkar - Given the drastic decrease in firepower for the pre-round shooting, I would say no until a game reveales otherwise in terms of fairness. I'll talk that over with Jeff, too.

Eldacar ~ The article on baby dragons that was written was not official GW fluff, but rather one person's perspectives on dragons. As far as I'm concerned, the dragons are still sleeping, and would also not be with the naval fleets of Ulthuan, but rather defending up at the gates if they indeed were hatching new dragons. If you want to use the rules presented in the Citizen Levy, then you'd have to get your opponents permission- but they are not part of the LSG list.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Okay to clarify - the updated FAQ about pre-round shooting does not apply - all your scouts can target one enemy unit if you'd like.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar