Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

29 Nov.

It is a bitter day. I cannot abide the Cult and the Temple. It seems that whenever victory looms near the fanatics are compelled to destroy it. No amount of reason can compel the mind away from a cherished foolishness.

Our forward assault was stopped. The Black Lotus forces that had reached the 6th Gate were to form the center line, but nothing could stop the fools in the "allied" forces from killing one another. The plan I had devised was perfect. We had them outnumbered by at least 50%. The strategy was as solid as a dwarven anvil. But damn the Cult. Damn the Temple. I don't know who struck the first blow against our own kind. I only saw Druchii fighting Druchii after it was all out of control. We were turned back by our stupid cousins.

An exercise in futility is what this is. Even the united 5th and 7th cannot hold when the others around them scream for the blood of their own brothers and sisters.

To add insult to injury, the Asur Prince thet we captured was rescued. I should have known. For all my deception of General Maksoui, I should have realized that just such a thing was high in their minds. The cousins feel that someone who was weak and stupid enough to be captured somehow deserves to be freed at the cost of many other lives. Unfathomable, but undeniable. I will not let this slip my mind again.

I am going to withdraw to the foothills and wait for my main forces to arrive. I will spend a few days conteplating this. There must be a way around this emnity between the sects. Or at the very least there must be a way to ensure that the two opposing forces never meet while engaging the true enemy.

I may never get to sack Arnheim. Damn.

K
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

30 November
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass
Wrath Gate

Lord General Kala

Greetings from the Maibd Pass!

The peace between the Cult, Temple and the Black Cities continues to hold. Justicar 1st Mazhnek and his people have brought a proper amount of fear to the religious fanatics and they now hold their tongues more securely.

I lead five of the battalions and my bodyguard to the 6th Gate and met Prince Nilar’s forces at Shanthion Hoethen Pass to the west of the Gate. The battle was brutal but inconclusive, a draw.

We initiated the battle with challenges. I fought and wounded Prince Nilar but was unable to kill him. He is a fine warrior for all the finery and color he adorns himself with. It reminded me of the report my Father sent to me regarding Gov. Lord Mon Grarkon of Lekain when he fought the Doombull Gudeoor at Rallon Junction. The Gov. said he had never seen anything as terrifying and yet as ridicules as the doombull in its full blood rage wearing purple silk pajamas. Maybe next time I will do more then cut his pretty silk shirt and pants to ribbons, splashed with his blood. Who knows, maybe the condition of his attire will start a new fashion trend among the Asur? 6th Gate grunge?

Two of my battalion commanders gave similar service to the Asur commanders facing them. So maybe they will start a fashion trend.

After the challenges the battle proper commenced.

I had placed the 7th Lekain Raider and my old command the 2nd Melphular Frontier Battalions on my right flank. Both battalions are veterans of the fighting here. I expected much from them. A foot and a steed battalion faced them. My battalions fought well, but were matched point for point by their Asur counterparts. Their fight drew to a draw.

The 34th Lerorthor Frontier and 4th Lerorthor Assault Battalions held my left flank. The 4th Lerorthor is also a veteran battalion and I had great hopes for it that day. A foot and a mixed battalion faced them. Again my battalions fought well, but again the Asur matched them almost point for point. That battle too drew to a draw.

I held the center with my bodyguard and the 8th Melphular Heavy Support Battalion. You may recall that the 8th has not had much success on the battlefield. They have indeed become known as a “bad luck battalion.” They have a new commanding officer, Major Kobrect Morn. He is a good office and came highly recommended by my Father’s field general. I thought that by placing him and the 8th with me I would be able to better use their abilities in the battle. I failed to use him as aggressively as I should have. The result was that Prince Nilar’s bodyguard and the Prince’s Gold Battalion were able to fight us to a draw. Reflecting on the battle I now see where if I had let Major Kobrect act more on his own initiative and thus more aggressively. We could then have inflicted enough casualties among the Asur to gain at least a minor victory.

While this battle was a major event, considering the size of the forces involved, it was inconclusive. We did gain a greater knowledge of the forces that oppose us here and that may yet prove useful in the next battles. We suffered 2,760 killed and missing. The Asur suffered 930 killed and we took 1,860 captives. Both forces will require time for healing and replacements. Still I have more battalions at the Fort and will offer battle again later this week.

Glory to the Witch King!

Colonel Lord Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Commandant Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass,
Wrath Gate
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

30 November
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass

Lord General Kala

I am Justicar 1st Mazhnek Herillia (Assasin 8th Rank) and it is my duty and pleasure to report that I am my fellow Justicars; Justicar 2nd Shal Fene, (Sorceress 5th Rank) and Justicar 3rd Henass Eloran (Beastmaster 5th Rank) of the Herillia Detachment of the Office of the Inquisition have arrived at Fort Maibd and are ready to perform our sworn duty.

Upon arrival at the Fort on the 29th we presented ourselves to Lord Karelon and took our oaths of office, swearing obedience and truth to You are the Governor Lord of the wrath Gate and Lord Karelon as your designated vice-governor in the Maibd Pass. After this we accepted the duties of internal security from Colonel Saurl Kherida and gave our Detachment Guard commander Major Draroth Rorkhan orders to assume the responsibility for internal security and policing functions within the Fort.

We then gave our attention to the investigation of the murder that brought us here. Lord Karelon had with foresight placed the deceased’s body in the camp ice chamber. This did not go well with either the Cult of the Temple, but for differing reasons. The Cult wanted to deal with the body after the manner of their customs. The Temple and others, simple did not like the fact that the ice chamber would not be available for the preservation of perishable foods until the body was removed. That has now been taken care of.

We gave the body a through investigation for clues relating to the murder. We determined that: First the deceased knew the unidentified murder, as there was no attempt to fight off the attack until it was too late. Second the murder weapon was a curved dagger of a design not normally used by Druchii warriors. Third the dagger was coated in a poison not readily identified by us. Fourth the poison contained powdered warpstone.

We then put the suspect Temple lay leader to the Question. We did not expect to learn anything we did not already know, but we had to pursue the normal methods of investigation to insure that all knew we could be counted upon to pursue all information. We then put the other Temple lay leaders to the Question to validate what the suspect told us. Again we learned nothing new. Based on our investigation of the deceased and the questions we put the suspect to, we released the suspect as not being a reliable candidate as the murder.

We then turned our attention to the lay leaders of the Cult. While none gave us false answers we did detect that all of them knew something that concerned them relative to the murder, but not at variance with their answers. Warning all that had thus far been questioned that we could recall them for further questioning, we released them back to their duties.

The investigation continues, but we will have to develop other approaches to find and identity the murder. The body was released to the other Cult lay leaders for their funeral rites.

This is out initial report as submitted to you, Lord Kala and your subordinate, Lord Karelon.

For the Glory of the Witch King!

Justicar 1st Mazhnek Herillia
Herillia Detachment
Office of the Inquisition
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

A wounded Messenger arrives bearing a letter for Geneal Kala Dated on the 49th Day of the Civil War.

General Kala,

This is the first time that i have been able to write to you in many weeks, and i apoligise for the delay. However This is a request for you to pass on some orders to my dear sister. the orders are inclosed in this message.

I Also wish to say that some of your agents here in Ghrond have been killed by some of Hellbronne's Assassins. Although they obay me, they listen to her more than me. i am sorry for this inconvience. i shall replace your agents if you wish.

Regards Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.

Inclosed message;

Dearest Sister

This is an Order that i never wanted to give however the cultists are gaining ground in the south and i must, reluctantly order you to Head South. Commanding the 4th and 16th Legions of Har Ganeth. Your mission is simple you are to Hold back the cultists from returning from Lustria.

I am sorry for having to do this to you my dear sister but i have no other choice you are the closest force that i have to the Southern Approches. the Remaininf forces of Har Ganeth left at the Wrath Gate shall be under the command of Duke Tualarc.

Regards, Your Dear Brother.

Khael
Last edited by Voodoomaster on Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

To the Command Post, Main Deployment Area, Wrathgate:

During scouting duties, we report that we have slain the exiled Sorceress Xaniphera. She was caught attempting to infiltrate a border post, and was fired upon. After receiving four (4) shots to the chest and torso area with a Bolt thrower battery, she was pronounced dead. We have harvested her head from the outpost and posted it on a stake outside of the command tent here. If you require any more information on it, Corporal Sliskin would be able to answer them. He was on duty and ordered the battery to open fire.

The primary focus of this letter, however, is to report a large force of troops marching in our direction. They are coming from the south. Scouting reports indicate that they have perhaps come from the southern passes into the jungles of Lustria. My scouts and I are unfamiliar with the banner being flown. However, large amounts of demonic presence are noted within the columns. I surmise that perhaps this is a Cultist army rampaging through the less inhabited areas.

My current forces would be enough to perhaps engage their vanguard, however, without reinforcements, they will perhaps overrun us.

Please advise as to what posture we are to take with the incoming threat. All main fortifications are built to resist incursion from the East. Temporary fortification are being built until the new threat is assessed. Once again, please advise.

Captain Her’erfal
Operations Commander
Southern Fortification 4
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

3 Dec.

Lady Vraneth is sallying all her forces forth from the Wrath Gate. I gave the respect due to an ally and did not read Khael Vranth’s sealed orders to her. But the intent is obvious. They move south in strength and openly down the Tair Og. The Asur are not their target.

A Slaaneshi army now approaches from the south. My infiltrators tell me that it is the warhost of Lord Democles. My rearguard would be crushed if they resisted. I have little choice but to allow them to pass. I don’t know the disposition of this Democles. He may consider me an enemy. He may not. I do know that he has been involved with Xaniphera in the past, but I do not know if he is aware of her death.

The Black Lotus and I are caught in between as usual. But I am trying a tactic. I will do all I can to funnel and herd the two armies. If their clash is inevitable, then let the battle rage over the lumber and tents of the 6th Gate construction site. I will make damn sure that it is a three-way war and that the Asur take casualties. Then I will lead the Black Lotus to wash over our cousins as they collect their wounded.

Tomorrow will be a hard day. Black Lotus forces from all across Naggaroth are reporting planned engagements tomorrow. I am even getting reports from the north and the Underway. I had nearly forgotten about my scattered garrisons. But my focus must remain on the Asur. No other race has been so busy in our borders as the one that I despise the most.

At least Xaniphera is dead and her head adorns a pike. Small consolation if our cousins finish their fortification because the Cult and Temple are too focused on each other. And I had such brilliant hopes for an alliance. The combined might of Khaine and Slaanesh would be a devastating sword to wield. But both factions are blinded by religious fervor. I cannot make them see reason. I must accept that my hope is dying.

I keep reminding myself that pride is a weakness. But still it stings.

K
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Captain Her’erfal
Operations Commander
Southern Fortification 4

Greetings Captain

Your news is mixed but is well received.

First, I congratulate you and your troops on killing Xaniphera. She was a great annoyance to me and was a constant, irritating concern in my mind. I have sent a generous box of silver coins to be divided evenly among your troops with an extra tenth going to Corporal Sliskin. Inform him that I send my personal regards.

My informants have reported that the Cultist army is that of Lord Democles. This force is far too formidable for you to hold against. Allow them to pass. I surmise that they will be making haste. Inform them that the quickest recommended route into Naggaroth proper is due north into Arnheim.

Two important factors. DO NOT inform them of the extent of the Asur incursion or the location and disposition of the 6th Gate construction site. Let them think the path is clear. Secondly, it is imperative that before you open the gates and allow even ONE PERSON through, that the head of the Sorceress Xaniphera be covered with a cloth. In fact, take this head down, bundle it up, and send it to me personally via discreet courier. I have a special place on my mantle at Velari Keep for this one.

Do as I command and I will look the other way if you dip from the silver before it is divided. Fail me even slightly and you will join Xaniphera on my mantle.

General Kala Kodai Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

*** A Manticore, with its wing almost shredded, brings back the limp form of Antelioch Makshoui, and in his hand, a note...***

General Kala,

I am fighting the Asur. I have found out about the drugs that you placed in my soldiers' food, and I am impressed by your ploy. Even as I write this, I have been stung once again by the Venom the Asur used against my army. I will not make it out alive this time Kala. I was informed about the Traitor Xaniphera's death, and must congradulate you. I was bind as to see that Korelon would not be one to disobey you. For this, my sinceerest regrets, and hopefully you will tell this to Korelon yourself. All command of the Ruined Falls Brigade, or what is left of it by the end of the day, will be passed on to Môrda Makshoui, my wife.

Please, as a memoir to my namesake, and the short but eventful time in your army, take my Scimitar. It has benn blessed a thousand times over by brides of both Khaine and Slaanesh, and has tasted a thousand souls. Use it well.

So it is a fitting end to one such as me. One who would crucify his daughter, who would assassinate a rival sister. So for my end, I would share the secret that none have known about Ruined Falls; we are Asur. We migrated from Caledor and Lothern to Northern Naggaroth to kill our cousins. But after the 500 years we were here, we were subjected to your customs and ways, and embraced them. Faced with this, we have been lulling with our cousins, and killing our kin to go with our appearance. I tell you this, because whatever remnants of Ruined Falls will be left, will have fled to the Empreean, and you will not see them ever again.

In my final order, I will order my faithful Manticore, Zussh'i'pash'a, to carry my dead body to your keep. Please, rip my soul to shreds for attempting to cavort with my cousins. I will never again speak, or breathe the nice wind if Nagaroth, so, with a fitting end for one as me, I will enter my death throe...

To the end, Makshoui

Take care of Kara. She will be on her way in 30 minutes after my arrival. Do not kill her, as she is neutral. She is Druchii born and learned. She did not even know about her broken past.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

3 Dec. Postscript

Makshoui's corpse has arrived in our camp.

His stiffening form clutched a letter. He admitted with his final strokes of his writing quill that he was "Asur". Yet his soul belonged to Naggaroth.

Mad or not, he has done his duty with honor. I will keep the gift of his blade as my new sidearm. I have ordered that he be buried in full ceremony as a Druchii Warlord.

K
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

27 December (Karelon)
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass
Wrath Gate

Lord General Kala

Greetings from the Maibd Pass!

It was good to hear that the communication lines with the Wrath Gate had been restored. We have not heard news of the Gate or the Southern Reaches for the past three weeks.

Now that communication is restored I have good news for you regarding the Maibd Pass Army. On the 3rd we began the Orunion Urmorth Campaign against he Asur/Bretonnian Kontan Camp that blocks the way from the Maibd Pass via the Shanthion Hoethen Pass to the 6th Gate of Arnhelm.

There are three critical river ford/crossroad sites that approach the Kontan Camp from the Shanthion Hoethen Pass. The direct access site is Morahoeth. The site to the north of Kontan Camp is Talyndir. The site to the south of Konatn Camp is Asynion.

After the Battle at Shanthion Hoethen Pass, the Asur retired to the Kontan Camp and began placing outposts at the three sites to give them warning regarding which route we were taking to attack their fortifications at Kontan Camp.

On the 3rd we caught an Asur army at Morahoeth. Prince Nilar was in personal command of the Asur army. We massacred them. Prince Nilar’s head was sent to you after the battle, but I fear that whatever force was responsible for cutting our lines of communication with you, is now in possession of the trophy.

On the 5th we received word that the Asur were putting in an outpost with guard tower at Morahoeth. I lead my bodyguard and the 7th Lekain Raider Battalion to prevent this. The battle was a draw, so the Asur were able to eventually build their outpost.

On the 10th I lead a force of four battalions plus my bodyguard against the Asur outpost at Talyndir. It was then that we learned the Bretonnian General de Division-Baron Derles Girmond Arniele Delociele of Corpeles (those humans do love their fancy names) was in current command of the Kontan Camp. He met us at Talyndir with a Bretonnian army in support of the Asur outpost. We won a solid victory there. The Asur outpost was destroyed and the Bretonnians sent back to Kontan Camp to lick their numerous wounds. We were now in possession of the Talyndir site. I sent for a slave construction battalion and a Frontier battalion to build and man a watchtower there.

On the 25th we fought the fourth battle of the campaign at the Asynion river ford/crossroad site. Colonel Saurl Kherida took the command and lead three battalions against the site. The new Asur Prince Commander Thonullan Hareon of Kontan Camp met him. The battle was a straightforward slugging match Druchii to Asur. Col. Saurl won a solid victory against the new Prince Commander. The outpost was destroyed and I sent a slave construction battalion and another frontier battalion to Asynion to fortify the location.

We now control the northern and southern approaches to Kontan Camp. In the next week we shall see if we can further isolate the Asur and Bretonnians at Kontan Camp in preparation for direct assaults on their fortifications.

Judicar Mazhnek Herillia has concluded his investigation into the murder of the Cult lay leader. He has presented his evidence and conclusions to all parties present and obtain their acceptance of his conclusion. The being that committed the murder was not of elven blood but most likely skaven. During the prior month a supply caravan passed through the Fort on it’s way south with provisions for the 7th Black Lotus Division. The Sorceress Xaniphera was paying for them. It was learned by divinations (the Inquisition sorceress Shal Fene, a Drowenarii of the Black Cities) and by careful questioning of all that had had contact with the caravan and its merchants that a single individual that has being hidden in the caravan left the wagons during that time and disappeared. Scraps of cloth left behind by the unknown being were given to Inquisition Beatmaster Henass Eloran. His pet tracking cold one tracked the scent around the fort and to several well-hidden burrows in the grounds in and around the fort. Evidence found at these sites was positively identified as skaven. Found in one burrow was a glass vial containing traces of the same poison that was used to kill the Cult lay leader. The army has been fully informed of the findings and a concerted search is now under way to find this skaven assassin. The only thing still uncertain is what connection is there between the skaven and the sorceress Xaniphera? What was the reason for the murder of the Cult lay leader? He was of no real importance in the Cult, yet he also knew the skaven. When we capture the assassin we will be able to put him to the question and maybe we will be able to find out. Is there anyway to question the sorceress on this matter? I know she is not in favor with you, but I also have no current information on her whereabouts. The Inquisition has done it job to maintain order here without inciting secular violence.

May your blade drink deeply of your enemies’ blood.

Wrath Gate
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Dec 29

Finally, I have found time to write in my journal again. So much has passed in the last several weeks. I have much to record, thought my memory warps it like the air above a hot forge.

For the better part of the last several weeks we have been taking shelter in the caves of the Shallow Scratches. We have been in the grip of a blizzard the likes of which I have never witnessed this far south. Most of us know full well how to handle killing cold. I grew up under the shadow of the Ironfrost Glacier. But it is still an impressive display of winter’s bite. Even the Witch Elves and Devoted have finally put on heavy furs. We are fortunate to have as of yet lost only a few horses, a single Cold One and two sick Druchii. I worry more for the tension that forms within the troops. I have taken to sending out rotating patrols into the bitter cold to hunt both enemy stragglers and meat for the fires. It will keep the factional fights to a minimum.

We are kept warm by the thought that the Asur are having a worse time of it. We are sheltered from the harshest of the bitter winds while the enemy is badly exposed. Further, they are soft from being accustomed to the idyllic warmth of Ulthuan. I doubt that they were prepared for the intensity of this ice storm that even I did not forsee. May they be granted a frostbitten doom for their weakness.

But of all the happenings of the recent weeks, by far the most pleasant memory was the battle at the Sixth Gate before the blizzard hit. I could not have asked for a better outcome if I had moved the armies myself. My plan must have amused both Khaine and Slaanesh, for both responded as if on cue.

I recall the day. It was cold and overcast, an omen of the coming blizzard. A Shade came to report as I was inspecting the morning drills. An Asur warhost was approaching from the northeast. The standards were of those miserable Princes Aseiar and Aravar who had taken down the Black Lotus 12th Division a month before. I remember telling the Shade scout that deserving targets always feel better under the blade.

I ordered the call to arms sounded and ran the entire battalion at quick march. We left the campfires burning and meat on the spit. I could not afford to let the enemy have the choice of battlefield. Only one ragged meadow in the entirety of Arnheim would have the effect I sought. It formed a wide, shallow bowl betwixt four hills heavy with low trees and dense undergrowth. We arrived breathing hard and sweating despite the chill. The Asur column caught sight of us forming ranks and halted to meet us. The Shades on the hilltops signaled ten more minutes. I would have to buy that time.

A flag of truce was hastily made up. I mounted a horse and rode out to the middle of the field alone. They were Asur. Honor would demand that they meet me to parley. No doubt they thought I wished to surrender as they clearly had us badly outnumbered. I had arranged our formation to that of a desperation defense in order to encourage that appearance.

I suppressed a smile when the Asur Princes finally approached. The enemy is so poisoned by pomp and formality. No fewer than ten rode out to meet me, flying standards and bearing silver trumpets. Surely they expected to ride back with one of the most hated Druchii generals in all of Arnheim in chains. They were going to make a production of it.

Their demand of surrender was polite and eloquent. But it was only the etiquette of an elven court. Hatred burned in their eyes. They reminded me of their superior numbers. Then they drove the matter home by reminding me that my alliance of Khaine and Slaanesh was dead (so much they knew!). In their minds they had already won and “Kala the Trophy” was already theirs.

I spoke as demurely as I could manage until the horns sounded. The first notes came from the northeast, then answers from the south. An Asur scout frantically signaled the parley entourage from the enemy lines. Their faces paled as the realization struck home. I hurled my final contempt at them as they turned to race back to their troops.

The armies of Temple of Khaine and the Cult of Slaanesh were about to meet with the intent of destroying each other. Lady Lelith Vraneth and Lord Democles were going to bring the Civil War to that very meadow. Too late did the Asur realize that they were caught between them and that the Black Lotus was blocking the only escape route from the battlefield. I had sent intelligence reports to the commanders of both forces guiding them to that very spot. My most cunning plan ran like clockwork

Many victories I have had along with many defeats. But never again will I call my strategies clever unless they are superior to this one. We watched as the armies clashed and three banners mingled and fell. Between the Druchii, the forces of Slaanesh seemed to come out with a marginal upper hand. But the Asur were crushed underfoot and the Black Lotus hunted down most of the stragglers. I can only smile as I remember the officers making bets on the sport being played out before us. Pity that we didn’t collect the Princes as a prize.

But I cannot revel in my smug comfort. I must look to the hard future. It is a defeat for the enemy, but not the defeat of the enemy. As I write I can see gaps in the cloud cover and the snow has stopped. We will break camp and make for the fort at the mouth of Maibd Pass. We badly need provisions and the troops should rest under the shelter of a real roof. What is more, I would like to see the findings of the Inquisitor. Xaniphera is supposedly dead, yet a destabilizing plot seems to have her mark all over it. Her piked head never arrived from the south and I begin to wonder if the report of her death was not an exaggeration or an outright lie.

K
Last edited by General kala on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Lord Colonel Karelon Lengoth of House Melphular
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass, Wrath Gate

Greetings Lord Colonel,

Your letter reaches me as my forces are breaking camp to move out. We will be heading for your Fort to re-equip, re-supply and take shelter for a few days. Huddling from a heavy blizzard in shallow caves tends to take its toll on morale. Make ready for the remaining 5th and 7th Divisions and the forces of the Brothers Kith who will form up with us. Construction of a few warming huts would be deeply appreciated.

I will discuss the situation with the Sorceress Xaniphera with you and your Inquisitors upon my arrival. I find it most curious that I was informed of her death not a month prior and yet even now you find evidence of her hand in a plot to sow discord. I begin to question whether or not she is actually dead or if she haunts me as a malevolent ghost. Again I remind myself that I should have dispatched her when I had the opportunity.

We will be on the march before midday. I expect to arrive within a week if we do not unexpectedly encounter the enemy. It will be good to finally meet you in person. I look forward to seeing your infamous collection and the stories that accompany them.

May your blade stay wet,
General Kala Kodai Of House Velari
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

29 December (Karelon)
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass
Wrath Gate

Greeting My Lord General

In preparation for your arrival and the quartering of your armies, I have ordered the slave battalions to begin immediate construction of suitable barracks and other buildings as will be needed. While my own lodge is of humble wood and stone, I believe you will find it most comfortable after your recent stay in caves. We have plenty of firewood and have even found some of the black rock that the dwarves use. Properly prepared (I have a few engineer that were in the Empire during the abortion Storm of Chaos) it provides a good fuel for fires as well as the forges that now are being operated here. I am requesting additional supplies via the Witch Gate to be sent here so we should be able to see to all of your troops needs.

I have informed the representative lay leaders of both the Cult and the Temple of your intent to winter here and they have promised to see to the “spiritual” needs of their co-religionists when they arrive. Both groups have requested permission to schedule rites in the newly finished coliseum here. Appropriate sacrifices are being sought by raiding parties. That alone should give our dear cousins in Kontan Camp many a sleepless night. They have also been reminded that strict discipline will be maintained. The over-eager will be sent on raids against Kontan Camp.

We appear to have escaped much of the cold weather; here in the Maibd Pass that has ravaged the eastern and southern sides of the territory. The rains are heavy right now, but the cloud cover is keeping the temperatures well above the freezing point, so our campaign against Kontan Camp has continued.

We still have not caught the skaven assassin, but the signs of its presence are fresher then what we have found in the past. The noose is getting tighter.

May your blade drink deeply of your enemies’ blood.

Wrath Gate
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

8 Jan

This road has been long and brutal. We have yet to make it to Fortress Maibd. Five days ago we found the Syrukh Trail blocked by a landslide. It took days to clear a rough path over the scree. Now we toil at dragging the equipment over the rocks. It is good for them to know hardship, but by all rights this is slave work. What I wouldn’t give right now for a dozen dwarves in chains.

The troops mutter that it is the fault of Asur Geomancers. I suspect that if it were truly geomancy we would be yet trapped behind a wall of solid and immoveable stone. But the influence of the Asur cannot be ruled out for certain. I have set my Sorceresses to scrying and testing the winds of magic.

On that subject, I have yet to hear from Bloodshade Qual'len on his mission to assassinate Asur Geomancers in the Petrified Forest. I suspect that the weather makes communication all the more difficult in the wild. But my concern grows. I had my hopes that his quest could stall construction of the 6th Gate of the hated cousins.

The news from the Asur camp grows thin. I suspect that the close quarters over the blizzard rooted out a few of the less competent informants. But we have a few Asur officer uniforms. Perhaps we should make one last thrust to disrupt a few enemy units and facilitate infiltration before we cross the rockslide. In fact, I think I’ll lead it myself. I could use some sport.

I have received a report from the Southern Reaches. Baron Tuphech’s annoyance raid on the Khemri two months ago has apparently stirred the army of dried bones to vengeance. The undead now advance on the Black Lotus rearguard. I have ordered them to start dismantling the palisades and begin moving north. The south is beyond my ability to hold. I can only hope that Lord Democles does not alter his current ambivalence towards my forces. The rearguard would be slaughtered.

News also begins to trickle in from the rest of the kingdom. The mayhem does not abate to the north, athough open warfare has yet to reach Naggarond. Ghrond may well fall to the Cult. There is open revolt among the slaves in Karond Kar. I find it disgusting that Naggaroth has fallen into such disrepair. Utterly disgraceful. Morathi and Hellebron could end this foolish war in a breath if their great, bloated egos did not so interfere.

The rest of the column is nearly over the rockslide. I will send the majority ahead to a little well-earned rest. But I go now to select my escort for the infiltration incursion. A few will sell their extended hardship for the coin of glory.

K
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

10 Jan

It is always such an exhilaration to return from a battle. The smell of fresh blood and the knowledge of a job well done are simply rejuvenating. Sometimes I am convinced that the Witch Elves are not given eternal beauty by bathing in blood, but from the struggle to acquire that blood.

The combat was brief and our victory only a sliver of a difference with the enemy, if at all. But the infiltrators are away and the returning informants have been secured. Some of those returning have been in the enemy camp from the very beginning of the Asur incursion. Such tales they bring me. I learn that the captured enemy Prince that was rescued has returned to the front lines. I also learn that the other Asur no longer fully trust this Regulus. They feel he is corrupted. Hah! At least Mistress Ki sent him away with his soul scarred!

I also learn that they are not as close to completing the 6th Gate as my reports led us to believe. This is surprising to me. I had thought that the spells of warding were ready to be cast at any moment. But, Asur being Asur, there is conflict within the upper ranks. Apparently each petty Mage and Princeling is vying for his or her own design for this-or-that hinge or joist or spellbinding. I will send orders for my infiltrators to capitalize on this if it can be done discreetly.

Unfortunately not all the news is so entertaining. Finally it reaches my ears that it is the Supreme Commander of the enemy forces, Prince Enthardon, who is responsible for the discord in Arnheim between the Cult and the Temple. The ambush of the Cult scouting party several weeks ago was merely a ruse. Theft of Druchii vestments and arms and some clever deceptions were his tools. I do not bear any resentment towards this Enthardon. I would have done no less. But it sickens me to see otherwise cunning Druchii so easily manipulated by a simple ploy. Religious zeal invariably warps the mind. Fools are easy to fool. I must make note of this the next time I am granted an audience with His Majesty. This division of the Cult and the Temple is not strengthening the Druchii. Not only is it a glaring weakness, it is an easily exploitable one. We may soon be squabbling amongst ourselves like Greenskins. The Asur will not even have to fight us.

But I have taken heart as I retire. In the enemy camp my name is a curse and the Black Lotus is held in reverent dread. I smile at the thought of it. So many lovely Asur heads now lay in a fitful sleep filled with shadowy nightmares of my banner and my blade. It inspires me to further fuel their foreboding. I go to rest now glowing with the joy of that thought.

K
Carron
Warrior

Post by Carron »

General Kala, this dispatch was found on an Asur corpse followiing another succesful raid of my men. As it is addressed to you I take great pleasure in returning it to you.

May your blade always be wet
Leutenant Vassam oh House Bo'skay

*Leather bound dispatch partly covered in blood*

To General Kala hail,

General we have done it the Geomancers are no more. For weeks me and my men stalked the Asur, often going without food our sleep for days (but such things are of secondary importance when there is Asur filth to kill). Our cousins were repatedly ambushed, waylaid and trapped, with many of my men aquaring nice little Asur ear collections (Captain Kerlen tells me that this is currently fashionable with Black Lotus commanders?)
However tough we killed them in their dozens the Asur keeped reciving reinforcements and ( big blood stain)fore they ate often better than us. This worried me and I often held council with Captain Kerlen and Zval but none of our(blood stain)run raids allowed us anywhere near the enemy mages. Yet even more frustrating was the fact that the Asur were starting to ship back their first loads of stone trees, having found a whole glade of them.

It was Zval who finally came up with the solution. It was his idea to launch a raid with all our cold one Knights, Dark Riders and having our tempermentral 'Witch' conjure the loudest thunder storm possible. While the storm raged the Cavalary units charged into the glade, covered by most of my shades and began to set fire to the trees (or attempted to do so). This produce exactly what we hoped for. The Asur charged into the glade like headless Dwarfs completly forgetting the safety of their camp and mages. This gave Zval and three of my best shade a chance to infiltrate the camp and try to assasinate the Mages. It was here that the plan started to go wrong.

As I already said the Asur charged into the galde forgetting the safety of their mages, all units bar one, a platoon of Shadow Warriors. However Zval and my men were not awre of their presence for some time. They already had despatched three Asur mages but the chief mage and Geomancer was not one of them. As they searched for him they were discovered by the Shadow Warriorsand all put to death with the exception of Zval, whom they keeped alive for qustioning and torture.

All of this I did not know at the time as I was leading my Shades in the diversionary attack and consequnce retreat at the time. Yet after having lost our persuers and regrouping we awaited the return of our infiltrators. When they did not return I decided to lead a two man unit myself into the enemy camp. This would normally have been a suicidal mission but our enemy was flushed with their succes at having repelled us from the glade ( they had not yet been told about the fate of their three dead mages) so infiltrating the camp was ridiculisly easy.

After a short time we reached the center of the camp and the chief mages tent. Using the shadows to the best of our advantage we creeped to the side of it and listend. Six men were inside it including Zval and the Asur mage who was evidently questioning Zval. What shocked me was that Zval seemed to be breaking under the torture. Not daring to risk him exposing our hidden enchampment I raised the tent wall, hoping to get a claer shot before making a quik withdrawl.

Just as I took carefull aim at Zval he m( blood stain) to the mage who immediately came closer. Zval whispered in his ear something that brought a look of incru( big blood stain) pon the mages face and he stare into Zval eyes. At that point I knew what Zval would do as I am sure did the Asur mage. Zval bit into the mages throat the way a a starving wolf bites into ofal. The Asur guards caught unawre trired to tear the two apart sealing the mages fate. For as Zval head was wrenched back so was the pice of wind pipi he had between his teeth.

At this point me and my two compaions fired into the confusion killing the guards but not before one of them put his sword into Zval. As we entered the tent shouts could be heard outside. I knelt besides Zval knowing he was as good as dead already. Yet so he still had time to spit out the piece of wind pipe in his mouth and ask me to cut of the Geomancers ears and to present them to you General Kala.

The escape from the Asur camp was again surprisingly easy, all we did was don Asur Helmets from the dead yell 'Attack at the North Gate, attack at the North Gate' and while all the Asur headed north we ran south. Even so it took me two days to rejoin my men and write this report. Since then I have looked long at the Asur ears I cut from the dead mage. One has a earing shaped like the rune Menlui, it would seem your prediction were true General.

I have given this lenghty report and the ears into the charge of Captain Kerlen, having ordered him and his men to rejoin your command. I myself will remain here with my clan and continue harrying the enemy until I recive fresh instuctons from you General.

Your loyal and faithfull servant
Bloodshade Qual'en
War is a matter of vital importance to the state; the province of life and death; the road to survival and ruin. It is mandatory that it be studied thoroghly.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

A Messenger arrives with a message for General Kala.

General Kala,

For the first time in many many weeks i write to you my friend, In Ghrond my great counter attack has gone well and the cult is badly damaged, i have unleased the assassins of Khaine to destroy the cults leadership and weaken their moral. This Great Victory was possible due to new events that have happend in the Last few days. My Brother Drukh has returned from Ulthuan, much to my surprise. With these new fresh Forces at my command the Cult shall fear us for many years to come.

However enough of this mindless babble, the real reason why i write to you is because of my Sister Lelith. I Have not heard from her in quite a few weeks now and i am getting worried as is my Father, as he has not recieved a letter from her in a month now when usually she writes to him every week. I Hope that she is ok but netherless i grow worried.

On Other Matters both my Father and My Brother wish to meet you when this accursed war is over, as do i, perhaps soon this war will be over and i will be able to come south and join your forces.

Until next time General.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

13 January
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass

Lord General Kala

This is the final report regarding the murder of Cult of Pleasure lay leader lordling Moglarun of the 15th Lekain Raider Battalion. We identified the suspected murderer as a skaven assassin. We tracked its presence through the fort and around the fort. Finally with the use of Beastmaster Henass Eloran’s trained tracking cold one Khelzus we tracked the creature to a final lair. Literally we cornered the ratling to a hole in the ground. It fought capture with great skill, several of our warriors were seriously injured, and one died of its wounds, some sort of poison. In the end Khelzus charged the creature and before we could intercede, he had torn the creature into bite-sized pieces. We could not interrogate the remains.

We are left with only the knowledge that the creature came to the Fort with a supply caravan to the 7th Black Legion paid for by Sorceress Xaniphera. The skaven assassin was known to the victim and not considered a danger to the victim until it was too late. We suspect that the murder was intended to set the members of the Cult against the members of the Temple of Khaine here in the Maibd Pass. But this is conjecture and not verified fact. What the original intent of smuggling a skaven into the Fort was we do not know. What the relationship was between the skaven and the sorceress may have been is also unknown. The unknowns are cause for concern, but we have no further sources to use to pursue an investigation of. The caravan did not pass through the Pass again. We have only the name of the merchant leading the caravan, Morn Rokida of Vraroth, a small town bordering the Chaos Wastes. The town is known as a center for the Cult of Pleasure.

From the Office of the Inquisition I have learned that the Sorceress Xaniphera has been reported being seen in Ghrond. This is an unconfirmed report.

For the Glory of the Witch King!

Justicar 1st Mazhnek Herillia
Herillia Detachment
Office of the Inquisition
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Bloodshade Qual’en
via Captain Kerlen the Bereaver
Black Lotus 5th Special Detachment
Petrified Forest

Greetings and Salutations,

News of your success has finally reached me as my troops take rest at Fort Maibd. Your mission was of distinct importance in delaying the enemy. My informants within the enemy camp have led me to believe that your actions alone cost the Asur several weeks worth of construction. Added to the bickering and internal competition that is so natural to our weak-minded cousins, their 6th Gate may now be extremely difficult to complete. We must drive home the final demise of their hopes.

In light of this, I am going to offer you another mission. I will bear no ill will against you if you choose not to accept. However, I currently plan to reward you and your clan greatly for your skilled execution of the assassination. I will double your bounty if you should accept.

It has been my fondest wish from the beginning of this damned war that it would offer me the excuse to assault the citadel of Arnehim. The Asur 6th Gate incursion force has prevented this by means of simple numbers. Their armies stand between a proper Druchii assault force and the White Towers. Thus we are left with two options. We can ignore the opportunity and accept that it is lost. Or we can harass the rear of the enemy lines and hope for a crucial break.

No Druchii worth the salt in their blood would ever willingly accept the first option. Thus I offer you the second. Your position allows you to strike into the Arnheim forests and the enemy supply lines from the south. If you scout out safe fallback positions in advance, then you can retreat back into the Petrified Forest. This is a hit-and-run harassment operation as you were originally intending. However, I am asking you to considerably expand your scope and your range. It is my goal to attempt to simultaneously slow down the construction of the 6th Gate and potentially open up an opportunity to punch through the enemy with an assault force.

I do not expect a Shade clan to break the enemy supply trains by themselves. Captain Kerlen and the others must report back to me here at the fort. However, the Black Lotus Rearguard forces are traveling north along the Blackspines from the Southern Reaches. I have enclosed orders for the various unit commanders to allow you to select any troops that you desire for this operation. You will find them refreshed, cooperative and quite likely spoiling for a fight.

Be warned. Your position in the Petrified Forest places you also in the path of other enemies advancing from the Southern Reaches. I have had reports that the Undead, both wet and dry, are advancing. The Tomb Kings of Khemri in particular have sworn a vendetta against the Black Lotus due to the foolish actions of an avaricious Baron (now thankfully dead). Lizards of Lustria have also been testing the Rearguard. Also, there is always the chance that forces of either the Cult or the Temple may attack the Black Lotus. Alas, our list of allies is dwindling.

Send a reply back to me with Captain Kerlen. If you choose to accept my commission, then please send regular reports via a discreet courier. The trained ravens have been working out well. They return to Wrath Gate like clockwork.

May your blade stay wet,
General Kala Kodai Velari
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

General Kala Velari:

Exciting news from the court, your ladyship. A Lady Xaniphera of the Southern Cohort, as she named herself, addressed the court earlier this week. She thanked House Velari for their numerous contributions of both food and money to her troops returning from the southern peninsula, stating that the fighting might have gone badly otherwise. She mentioned returning to the front and requested any other houses who wished to join the fight to contact her here in the city.

Even though I was uninformed regarding this policy, I quickly contacted her and allowed her access to our storage facilities under direction of the documents you sent with her. Seeing as she was without a guard, I also assigned some of the personal guard to her while she was here in the city. I placed her within some of our best rooms, and attended her myself. She gave me privy information of our alliance with her cohorts, and told me of the treasures coming up from the jungles of the south. We discussed the situation, and I have also given her some moneys to recruit extra troops. She said we would be amply compensated when the treasure wagon reaches our estates.

I am happy to serve your house loyally and without question. I hope that you will see my service as dedicated as those previously in my position.

I await your commands in service,

Mithra’an O’lexra
Chamberlain of House Velari
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Chamberlain Mithra’an

Excuse the brevity of this note, but many difficulties have suddenly manifested and I am pressed for time to address them all.

Your obedience has been noted. One further task I ask of you. Please assemble a complete tally of what Xaniphera has taken from my vaults. Take it, along with any written correspondence from me that Xaniphera has presented, to the Sorceress Kajima. She is the commander of the Velari Keep garrison. I have given her orders to personally address your service to House Velari.

May you serve as long as the worth of your deeds,
General Kala Kodai Velari,
Last Highborn of House Velari
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Sorceress Kajima
Commanding Black Lotus 3rd Division
Garrison, Velari Keep

Kajima,

Shortly after you receive this letter the Chamberlain of my House, Mithra'an, will be coming to you to for a discussion. He believes he has done me a favor and is to be rewarded for his actions. What he does not know is that his foolishness has cost me greatly and endangers my House. On the basis of mere forged documents he allowed an enemy to access the Keep and my treasury.

Retrieve the forged documents that he brings and forward them to me. Muster stealth troops to observe and report on a Sorceress at the Royal Court by the name of Xaniphera. You are to take command of this spy operation personally. It is imperative that she be kept under watch. A word of warning - this Sorceress is exceptionally cunning.

You are also to search the entire Keep thoroughly. Pay particular attention to the storage areas. I do not wish to return to my keep to find that some magical artifact has slain the garrison. Once the search is completed, search again.

I also require you to seal Velari Keep. No one is to enter or leave without your express personal permission. This order is in effect until I rescind it in person, face to face. Velari Keep has extensive provisions and you and the 3rd should want for nothing.

Furthermore, keep a guard detachment at the ready. As soon as Mithra'an shows his face, subdue him, bind him and gag him. His gullible nature and spinelessness have irked me for the last time. Put him with the rest of the meat waiting to be sacrificed for the Harvest of Souls.

Thus he will be rewarded for his actions. You will be the acting Chamberlain until a new replacement can be arranged.

General Kala Kodai of House Velari
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

19 Jan

I am again beset by a plague of fools. Xaniphera has swindled my Chamberlain and set my House on a course of disaster. I can repel the greatest armies of the known world and yet I have no defense against the idiocy of the incompetent. Now I must chose between abandoning the Asur front or watching from a distance as House Velari is scuttled.

What is worse, I would have to travel through the Underway. After extensive discussion with Lord Melphular and Justicar Herillia, I have no doubt that the Skaven have become a force to be reckoned with beneath the Blackspines. I suspect that the vermin feel they could infiltrate more efficiently with both Druchii factions watching over their shoulders. As if we needed more proof that this Civil War is a disaster. How soon will it be before we see the cheese-eaters cavorting in the sewers of Naggarond?

But I must admit that Karelon Lengoth has done well here. The fortification is solid, his troops are disciplined and the morale is high. The collection of Asur ears that has become his trademark adorns every scrap of exposed wood. They dry out to a bone grey color and thus the palisades look like the scales of a long dead dragon. He is taller than I expected, and quite eloquent. I have grown fond of his company.

My own Black Lotus are soaking up the spirits and are ready to fight again. Khainite and Slaanesh have made amends and are ready again to fight the true enemy. We will take large group out and assault the 6th Gate within the week. My spies tell me that the cousins have intercepted my notes to Bloodshade Qual’en and are moving to thwart his forces. It seems a perfect distraction and an opportunity to draw them back so that Qual’en can do his job.

I have hopes that I will be able to lead them, but Phobozael and Deimozael will likely have to substitute. I am the last Highborn of my House. I cannot sit idly by and let it fall because of one vindictive strumpet.

Damn Xaniphera to the deepest pits of Nurgle’s backside. If I must go to Naggarond to thwart her, then I will hunt her down. This time I will break her. I will cut out her tongue, claw her eyes out and cut off her breasts. I will steal her beauty and charm before I kill her. This I swear by the blood of my ancestors.

K
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Transcript of formal presentation to Lord General Kala

20 January
Fort Maibd, Maibd Pass,
Wrath Gate

My Lord General

In the past three weeks we have fought four battles with the Asur. These battles ranged in size from one to two battalions each. One ended in a draw, two in minor victories and the last in a solid victory. As you can see on the map we now hold all three-access points to the Asur Kontan Camp site in the Orunion Urmorth Valley.

Informants in the Camp have reported that Prince Commander Thonullan Hareon has learned of your arrival here. He has requested an immediate reinforcement of the Camp with at least 12 battalions from the Arnhelm reserves. Your reputation has preceded you again.

I will be taking my best three battalions and my bodyguard to test the Kontan Camp defenses at Imlynan Alion Junction in the next couple of days. We leave today. I would ask you to join me, but I understand the pressing needs of your House demand your personal attention.

When you return I expect to host your return from the pavilions in the former Asur Kontan Camp.

On other matters, I have received a very interesting report from one of my Shade company commanders. Bloodshade Faeris (a Drowenarii female lordling) reports of an encounter with an Asur Shadow company in the Orunion Urmorth Valley. She had just begun her ambush of the shadow warriors when her attention was attracted by shouts and battle cries on her left flank. Some were ones she recognized, Drowenarii and Asur accents, but others were in a high squeaky tongue she didn’t recognize. Who would attack both Druchii and Asur at the same time? She called a halt to the ambush and rushed to investigate. What she found were her shades fighting side by side with shadow warriors against skaven! She spotted the shadow warrior commander and with hand signals requested a parlay. The Asur quickly agreed. With all the mistrust that comes from long standing animosity and the respect that real warriors have for their counterparts, they discussed the situation and agreed that the skaven represented a more pressing concern then their own fight. After all if the skaven killed them they would be unable to resume their own fight. It was agreed, the shades would take the left flank and the shadow warriors the right and together they would attack the skaven. Comparing their estimates they decided they were facing at least a battalion of night runners. Further they would hold a one-hour truce after the battle to collect their wounded before resuming their own fight. With that they began their counter attacks. Skaven are fearless when they face numbers less then their own, but cowards when they feel they fight an opponent equal in numbers. Faeris called out her orders to her shades in their own Drowenarii tongue. The battle began in earnest. It was over in short order. The surviving skaven vanished as suddenly as they had appeared. Gathering her shades Faeris went looking for the Asur. She found this message pinned to a tree with an Asur dagger (a dagger she now carries with some pride). The message congratulated her on the battle, but admitted that the Asur had taken such casualties that they did not feel it advisable to continue their own fight. So the shadow warriors had withdrawn from the battle site, but promised that they would meet again. A search of the battle site confirmed that they had faced a full battalion of night runners. The skaven leader was found with an Asur sword firmly in bedded in his gut. Near him was a skaven assassin with two Drowenarii daggers in his back. Faeris brought back such items as she felt would be of interest to me for their intelligence value. The battalion was called the Shatin. But what they were doing there was and remains unknown. No living skaven were taken. All the wounded took some sort of poison rather then be captured.

Glory to the Witch King!

Wrath Gate
Carron
Warrior

Post by Carron »

*Message arrives via trained carrier Pigeon*

To General Kala hail,

General, of course I accept your offer, me and my clan are already on their way to harass the enemies supplies. I shall leave a group, 50 strong, in the Petrified Forest to set up a hideaway and gather stores. The rest of my 350 men I will divide into five groups and give a free reign in the Forest of Arnheim.

As to the question of reinforcements I require a further 400 Shades as well as 300 Dark Riders. With these men at my disposal I will make my presence felt and the enemy hungry.

I shall report my progress to you, as well as any enemy movements that I observe.

Your loyal and faithfull servant
Bloodshade Qual'en
War is a matter of vital importance to the state; the province of life and death; the road to survival and ruin. It is mandatory that it be studied thoroghly.