Hit Ghrond NOW - And hit it HARD

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Hit Ghrond NOW - And hit it HARD

Post by Darkprincess »

Here's the latest fluff update;

The Latest Fluff Update wrote:The first prong of the Khainite attack fell on Ghrond, as Temple forces sortied out of their strongholds to meet the Cultists garrisoned on the plains. The Khainites struck swiftly, isolating smaller bands and slaughtering them before the main forces could respond. As the lethargy of the Cult began to melt, the Temple forces retreated, victorious, to the safety of their bastions. Enraged by the audacity of this attack, the Cult recalled forces from across Naggaroth to reinforce their positions. As yet, the Cult still holds control over Ghrond, but by the most tenuous margin imaginable.

We ARE in control of Ghrond - but only just - I say we should attack it now, as hard as we can - Either we hold it, or we burn it !

The Latest Fluff Update wrote:The Cult still holds the advantage, but have not yet pressed it to full effect. The future here is a dangerous one, but one filled with glory for whoever can prevail.

Since the Lady Morathi has chosen to take a back seat during this glorious campaign, it has fallen upon the Noble Sorceress Lonicera, Dark Princess, Chosen of Slaanesh, and Daughter of the Fifth House of Avelorn, who has guided our cause since the far-off days of the Sundering, when we showed the Hated Kin how superior our mastery of the dark forces had become. Now, listen to her words this day, and listen well, for her words will lead us to the greatest victory that we have ever known !

Lonicera wrote:Fellow Druchii, over 5000 years of history look down upon you from the Dark Citadel - Now is the time for us to change that history forever !

They have fought us and yet we remain in control of the very heartland of their blasphemies. Even here, they have not defeated us. Even in this place, where Khaine himself has failed to stop us. Even here, where the best of their elite forces has consistently failed to overwhelm us Druchii, whom they consider to be weak and innefectual...

But today, history favours change. And change it will get !

TODAY we show the infidels the true nature of what it is to be Druchii !

Today, we open a new chapter in the history of our people....

THE TIME OF KHAINE IS OVER - THE REIGN OF SLAANESH HAS BEGUN !

No go. Go to the future. Go into legend, and go to your destiny !

And if you find yourself drifting upon the sea of ecstacy with sweet perfume soothing your senses, then do not fear - for you are in the arms of Slaanesh - And you're already dead !

KHYRKHAN BELALAKH !

So there you have it - the greatest chance we will EVER get to hurt the Khainists in their own city - now let's get in there and kick their blood-soaked asses and show them that we're not the weak bunch of fluffy-pink upstarts that they think we are...

OK, Those of us still attacking Ghrond should hit really hard. WE have more coming to reinforce us, but we must not allow ourselves to be pushed back - at least not before the reinforcements arrive. With a coordinated attack against the forces of the Temple, we CAN hold on to Ghrond - at least long enough to make a difference.

Either we keep it or we burn it - I say we keep it, and save the burning for later should we need to retreat...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Finally got a battle coming up. I'll see if I can convince them to post in Ghrond. Good luck in your fights, Dark Princess.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Re: Hit Ghrond NOW - And hit it HARD

Post by Nagathi »

darkprincess wrote:We ARE in control of Ghrond - but only just
Just so you know, 58% vs. 42% is a quite BIG advantage...

- Nag
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

SO, if we have been controlling it for so long, why don't they close the site and open up a new one?

Just wondering, as they haven't altered many of the battlesites in quite a while....
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Onyx, the percentages are not made as in SoC. They close Ghrond, and open Ghrond again, with almost the same percentages as before. You guys just don't know when it happens...

- Nag
The masked stranger
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by The masked stranger »

The Lady Kathrasis will sortie into Ghrond tommorow.
Hold your fingers.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Nag, the "slightly in control" part comes from what was posted on the campaign journal page, rather than the actual percentage on the website.

Also, they think we are abandoning Ghrond (as if...) - Lethalis (who is on the Khaine team, has posted in the F&B forum at asur.org that we are beaten and are leaving Ghrond - HAHAHA !

(He might have got this idea from listening in on a chat between Auric and myself in the chatroom a few nights ago. Leth had been in there bragging about how well Khaine was doing (they don't call him "Propaganda Chief" for nothing I guess. Later, he idled but didn't log out, so I said to Auric something along the lines of "Oh look, Leth has gone, now we can discuss strategy" (knowing that he was really still watching.

I then went on to say to Auric that we were not doing well in Karond Kar and that we were going to concentrate there, by reinforcing our troops alreafy there.

Judging by his post at asur.org, he has taken the bait, so hopefully he will go back to the Team Khaine forum, telling them that we're all about to descend upon Karond Kar - hopefully they'll start reporting wins there rather than in Ghrond, leaving us to consolidate our control over their spiritual home :twisted:

Oh, the wonders of misinformation.....

(I hope that's not considered to be cheating - I mean it's not like it's spying or anything is it - just propaganda :)

Anyway, it might help us, it might not - here's hoping .....
The Dark Princess

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

If I see a rise in the Khainite wins in Karond Kar's plains, I'll let you know. It was a fine act you did. Really manipulatng his mind. Way to go, Caroline!

- Nag
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Hey, I played a part too! I played the unwitting pawn. I said stuff like, "Yeah, sure." ;)

But seriously, this should be excellent for truly hitting Ghrond as hard as we can. Like I've said before, excellent job Caroline, you of Slaaneshi wiles :p.
Poo-tee-weet?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

50-50 now in Ghrond. We need to push them away!

- Nag
The masked stranger
Slave (off the Altar)

Is that even possible?
A 10% gain in a single day i mean.

Nonetheless another glorious (well ok it was a bit less than glorious) in Ghrond.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Let's just say that the enemy had a lot of reports in ghrond, and some CM interference also helped a little...

- Nag
The masked stranger
Slave (off the Altar)

At the risk of sounding dumb I'll ask if CM means something like Campaign Manager?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Indeed. Campaign Managers (Jeff, Underway and almost Timmy)

- Nag
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Hmmm - we were doing so well too :(

Oh well, we must redouble our efforts and drive them out ! :twisted:
The Dark Princess

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Posted two battles in ghrond today as Lady Xaniphera. Won't get more battles for a while though.

I continue to serve.....