Ambitions...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Ambitions...

Post by Binky »

What are your ambitions for the future... Well actually, some of you may have acheived your ambition already :?:

My ambition is either to become a Liberal Democrat MP, (I would like to be Priminister, but I doubt that the Lib Dems will ever form a government... But hey, it's either that or join another party and principals come before power) or after a sucessful musical career to eventually form a not for profit Record Label with the sole intention of helping along fledgling, promising bands/artists.

What're yours?
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Well, people have told me I'd make a great radio show host or a great dictator of a small Latin or South American nation. I'd have to make English the new official language if I did become a dictator of a nation that didn't speak English. I'm not about to learn their language, I mean c'mon dictator has to have some perks!
Chromiates Warhammer Forum...yes we protested GW's new online policy.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

My ambiton is matched only by my imagination. I truly feel that if I want it I can get it. However, you all can all sleep quite safely knowing that I don't actually want anything. Wouldn't know what to do with it. So, I guess you could say that my imagination is really poor. :D

BTW, are you "shallow" now to reflect your political life/ambitions? :D
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Binky

Post by Binky »

I am called "Shallow" because that is what I am seen as... Just because I listen to rock music and play guitar people almost automatically assume that I am stupid and a satan worshipper :roll:!lol!... Also I was kicked out of my band last night for refusing to be "Shallow", they wanted me in effect to waste my vast talents playing their stupid, stinking little riffs, against which tyranny I rebelled, remember the lead guitarist is very rarely the leader of the band, he's just the ego !lol!... Therefore I've decided to form a band with a singer with whom I can get along with... Jony, who besides being my friend is also immensely talented in the musical field, we decided to call the band "Shallow" after a song we had collaborated on, he wrote the lyrics, I wrote the music...

That in brief is why I am called "Shallow"
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

mmkay, but is that yet another of your aspirations?
Binky

Post by Binky »

Well, my biggest aspiration is to retain my username for more than 1 week ;)!lol!
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Yeah what's up with you changing it all the time. I think you should stick with D&B.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Hmm, Aspirations-To get my PHD within the next 8 years, to start my own Computer Software Development Firm, to become tenured as a professor so I can teach, and to teach HS students to love Programming as much as I do.

For right now, that seems alot. ;)
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I know full well no-one actually cares, but...

1) Get a first for my genetics degree (although a good 2:1 would probably suffice).
2) Get a PhD position in a decent genetics department (Leicester seems a good bet). Also learn Finnish for #3...
3) Do postdoctorate research at a university in Finland, with a view to emigrating there permanently.

Somewhere in all that, I'd like to actually get my 40K Slaanesh army finished and painted.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Srovex
Beastmaster

Post by Srovex »

(so thats why there are so many Dark Elf players here AND thats why a Fin won the Scandinavian GT. Ok I'll stop gloating now )

!cry! that was so beautifull...
That is my Avatar! Dont you dare to took it!

Si vis pacem para bellum
"If you want peace, prepare for war"
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Have you been to Finland?

Well, I'm visiting for the first time this summer, but I have done plenty of reasearch (plus I have a couple of good Finnish friendsImage) and I do really like what I've heard.

Its pretty dark here most of the time

You say that like it's a bad thing! !razz! Seriously, I like the dark. And the cold. Plus being able to pop up north and see the Aurora Borealis cannot be beat, IMO. Apparently you could see it from Helsinki one winter a year or two ago?

Avatar gallery is runnig out of Avatars... Could someone kind person make new ones?

I will be without a computer for a week starting tomorrow, but after that I can create some more for all you new guys. Image
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Poor Angles and Saxons, they'll get torn apart in that evil...err in that wonderful place called Finland. Personally, I'd rather go to England if I went anywhere. Otherwise I'm content in America, well in civilized and industrialized and technologized (I made it up) America. Did I mention culturalized?
Lateo
Noble

Post by Lateo »

No fake wrote:
no seriously this is the country for DARK ELVES

Hey, you forgot about you neighbors in the land of the midnight sun to the west of your country. Ive never been to Finland though, but I would like to because I really like the history of your people and country.
music