Flesh and Blood - How Was the Game Decided & Questions

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

I'm really interested in hearing the over all final ending. Like how Hellebron and Morathi get thier sides to step down. How does Malekith prevent the Khainites from just wholesale slughtering the Cult once the Cultists have "stood down", etc.

Also, how does it work into the scheme of things? If the Cult is not/no longer banned, how does Khaine's authority stand as the no longer sole religious power in the lands?

If jeffleong13 writes a further wrap up, I'm sure it will make for interesting reading. I'm still entranced watching the ripples the F&B campaign has caused.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I am looking to write something as an overall campaign summary to send to Gav T on the result of the campaign.

Good points on stuff to include -
Thanks,
J
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Whether the cult is made legal or not will not affect the cultists themselves - in our own world there are millions of people who flock to outlawed cults that offer them something they cannot get in the mainstream - The CoP has survived over 5000 years in the shadows despite the best attempts of Hellebron and her infidel crinies to destroy it - it can easily survive another 5000 years.

The Cult is certainly not finished, and its fight for a better world will go on. The death of Lonicera has made her a martyr, and there is nothing more dangerous than a martyr, because while you can kill a character, you can never kill a legend...

This has been a great campaign, and although I still have a few unresolved issues with the final fluff outcomes, the ongoing war between the CoP and the ToK will continue, albeit back in the shadows where it has always been.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Time for a new character to show up uh DP? ;) Let us take revenge :D Even I have pitied poor Lonicera...
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Anaryin wrote:Time for a new character to show up uh DP? ;) Let us take revenge :D Even I have pitied poor Lonicera...

Lonicera was betrayed by those she had trusted, particularly Morathi. She shouldn't have been too surprised by this though, for it is the Druchii way, and in fact she had already been warned about betrayal by Elora in that (as yet unpublished) story I wrote almost a year ago in the CoP initiative.

I am now writing some follow-up material which will hopefully give her the fluffy conclusion that she deserves. I have already run a few ideas past the campaign managers (well, Langmann anyway) and when he gets back to me I'll decide how I'm going to proceed with it...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

1. I seem to remember a long time ago somebody said that characters like Shadowblade/Eltharion wouldn't be part of the campaign. So why was Shadowblade chosen to end it?

2. I saw almost no mention of Eltharion. Is it just because he is a special character that is officially endorsed by GW, or was he just doing something else with Alith Anar and the Shadow Warriors of Nagarythe?
Lother
Corsair

Post by Lother »

Well, I wanted to ask about the number of battles per battle location, those concerning the high elves compared with other battle locations would be quite interesting to me. It's ok if you answer me here or by pm.

Although I disagreed with some of the decisions taken by the people running the campaign, I must say that it was very well organized, with a good web page (with outstanding graphics), a good storyline, good army lists ... Yes, the battle locations were quite static, but anyway it was great.

All of you did a great job.
Shannar, sealord
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shannar, sealord »

Good job on the campain (it was a bit static, but hey what can you do, other then learn a bit). The early days were a lot of fun. The fluff was also very good, until that last bit.

I realize there were reasons for it, and don't blame you guys (I know who I do blame though).

But that ending was as awsome as the one for SoC.

Anyway, later guys. I'm off to restore the taliban to power.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Eldacar wrote:1. I seem to remember a long time ago somebody said that characters like Shadowblade/Eltharion wouldn't be part of the campaign. So why was Shadowblade chosen to end it?

2. I saw almost no mention of Eltharion. Is it just because he is a special character that is officially endorsed by GW, or was he just doing something else with Alith Anar and the Shadow Warriors of Nagarythe?

Gav wanted Shadowblade to end it ... so he did.

Eltharion was playing his own little game ...

J
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Gav wanted Shadowblade to end it ... so he did.

So you just made Shadowblade end it only because Gav wanted it that way? Or is there some other reason, something that makes D.net look remotely independent ;)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I actually quite liked the suggestion. Malekith wanted the war to stop, and was rather busy at the moment. If not Malekith, there isn't really anyone else that Morathi and Hellebron will listed to except for Shadowblade. It actually worked quite well, I think.

J
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Pity...I thought this would be the perfect moment to appoint the new captain of the Black guard.
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

Lethalis wrote:Pity...I thought this would be the perfect moment to appoint the new captain of the Black guard.

I know Malus isn't the new captain of the Black Guard, but he is Malekith's new "right hand" according to a white dwarf awhile ago. In the invasion Malus had a couple of brilliant victories that impressed Malekith, he was even within inches of killing the everqueen until Tyrion came in and ruined the day.

If Malus stays in Malekith's favor, maybe he will get a shield and a ward save in 7th edition :roll:
Hate is my weapon.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

What WD may that be? Must've read past it...
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Thanks to all the organizers and Darkpirncess in special, who held together the forces of Slaanesh even though we were losing across the board *sigh*

I mourn Linceras Death, but as I stated in the general thread, this was a Civil War of the cruelest and probably most evil race of the Warhammer World - heads had to roll!

And banishing the most succesful leader of the Temple to get rid of a growing power at his side is very Malekith, I'd like to add. He has enough on his hands with Malus, he doesn't want to worry about another rising star.

@Lethalis - its clear in last Darkblade Graphic Novel. It tells the story of Malekiths and Malus latest invasion of Ulthuan up until they take one of the big gates (Dragon Gate, I think?)

He tells his Black Guard captian (who goes sadly unnamed) to watch Malus closely, because he is getting too well liked by the troops. I am not sure, but I guess that this is all before they lose the battle to Eltharion.
I waste him with my boltthrower!