Chaos List vs. DE

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ri'char the infernal
Slave on the Altar

Chaos List vs. DE

Post by Ri'char the infernal »

Hail to you, all captains of the twisted kin. This is my first post here, and I just was hoping to learn from the best how to face the Druchii on the fields of battle. Me and three of my friends are having a little league once we all get our armies painted, and I was hoping for some advice. I have defeated the O+G and Lizardmen in the past, but have never played DE. who will be fighting in this tourney. Here is my 2000 point Chaos Undivided army list, could you please tell me how it will fare against DE, and some tactice to use. Thanks in advance.

Ri’char the Infernal’s Legion of Doom

LORD

Ri’char the Infernal, Lord of Chaos Undivided
Great Weapon
Armor of Tortured Souls
Helm of Many Eyes
Total: 281
*Leads the First Legion of Doom

HERO

Tu’Azhul, Exalted Daemon
Soul Hunger
Spell Breaker
Total: 280

CORE

First Legion of Doom, 20 Warriors of Chaos
Hand Weapons
Halberds
Heavy Armor
Shields
Full Command
Total: 370

Second Legion of Doom, 20 Warriors of Chaos
Hand Weapons
Heavy Armor
Shields
Full Command
Total: 330

Harbringers of Hell, 10 Knights of Chaos
Hand Weapons
Heavy Armor
Shields
Barded Chaos Steeds
Full Command
Total: 380

SPECIAL

The Infernal Legion, 20 Bloodletters
Light Armor
Full Command
Total: 355

ARMY TOTALS
Models: 71
Power Dice: 0
Dispel Dice: 2

[/b]
Ri'char the Infernal
|seraphon|
Beastmaster

Post by |seraphon| »

this is a site FOR druchii, not AGAINST!! So you better leave!!

Good bye
Black heart
Warrior

Post by Black heart »

I will rather die, than give information to enemy!!!
Lord draekor
Shade

Post by Lord draekor »

Gosh, a wannabe Khorne general. Original that one.

At least I know the Dark Elf general won't be STUPID. :lol:

Seriously, as someone whose army preference is Dark Elves (I also play Chaos), I'd welcome you with that list onto the field of battle.

That's about the best advice you're going to get from me. :evil:

You'd be best off to just read the tactics forum and from that learn all there is to know about the Druchii way of war, at least when playing Warhammer Fantasy Battle.
Lord Draekor
Ri'char the infernal
Slave on the Altar

g

Post by Ri'char the infernal »

uh..gee thanks guys :?
Ri'char the Infernal
Goricexii
Noble

Post by Goricexii »

Great weapon....helm of many eyes...hmmmm...

I love the way your Chaos knights don't appear to have lances.

It's just like every second chaos army I've ever seen. Quite 5th edition actually.
Hmmmm...two cold ones in a chariot drawn by dark elves. That's never a good sign...
Lord draekor
Shade

Post by Lord draekor »

Well, as stated previsouly by others, this is a Druchii list, not a "how to beat" Druchii list.

Also, you may want to consider changing your approach. Why not ask how would a Druchii General BEAT this Chaos army? That would get you some responses. Maybe post what the DE player may use or has available to him/her?

Btw, one of the best ways to learn how to beat another army is to loose. Seriously.

Just asking how can I beat Dark Elves with a certain list is close to trolling. There are many ways Dark Elves can be defeated and Chaos is one of the best at it. Your army list is not one that will easily defeat a "standard" Dark Elf army however. Assuming dice rolls and generalship are all average, etc.

Did you note that
(I also play Chaos)
You could send me a PM and maybe I'd help off-line. ;)
Lord Draekor
Lord kalhadron
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord kalhadron »

I´d say that army will fare pretty bad againts a dark elf army, as it´s so easy to flank. The exalted deamon is dangerous, but you really need something else that can engage small flanking units. Some beastmen is always nice (for you that is). Some horsemen would be even better. To get the points you should just reduce the sice of the other units.

(Sorry for helping him, don´t ban me!)
Ryan
Cold One Knight

Post by Ryan »

The best way to beat the druchii when you're chaos is to spend all of your points on a giant mass of marauders with no armour, then to have a chaos general with a hand weapon only and march to the middle of the board and wait until he engages in combat on all four sides. you also shouldn't have a standard bearer either. just plain marauders. And the best thing to do after he engages you in combat is to choose not to fight back, therefore making his troops think you are better than them and are too good to fight. Its the only way to win! :D :roll:
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

With a list like this, any halfway competent Dark Elf General will wipe the floor with your army.

Sure all those units are quite tough in combat, but that won't help much, if they get flanked.

Try less overpowered units and especially get more and more diverse units!

Bye
Thanee
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I'll give you a few hints. Exhalted daemons can be targeted while in units since they are monsters. Bloodletters are only T3 and with only 2 dispel dice for the army, can be slaughtered by magic. You are going to face a fast elven army with 3 infantry units (all slow) and one cav. My 2K army would won you.

I like the helm of many eyes. Its absolutely perfect for chaos undivided (get to re-roll failed psychology tests).

GoriceXII: Chaos knight don't get lances, but they are already S5. Make too much fun of them and they might change and be able to wipe out your chariots on the charge. :D
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

people people calm down!!!

he asked a fair question. if you do not liek it then you don't have to answer. no need to be rude.

to answer your question, I would drop the bloodletters and get soem cav instead. or the druchii will run rings around you! and that is what we do best and you MUST prevent that.

also what will you use to protect your flanks? a few spawn would do that trick very well.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

BTW: i wil be keeping an eye on this thread. so BEHAVE!!