Whats your favourite kind of music?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

What us your favourite type of music?

Rock (includes punk)
37%
Popular
1%
Hip hop
4%
Techno
3%
Classical
4%
World/Folk
1%
Metal (any kind)
46%
Jazz & Blues
3%
Dance
2%
Ska
0%

Total votes: 271

Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Whats your favourite kind of music?

Post by Muse of harganeth »

This may have been done befor bu I'd like to know everyones favourite album. why? Do you have to know. So please tell me!

Mine is Led Zeppelin 4. It may be a bit old in terms of music but the Songs on there are brilliant. The black dog riff and rock 'n roll are truley great rock songs. Battle of Evermore sounds ok but basing songs on LOTR just doesn't work, but it grows on you. Oh how can you forget the best song ever! Stairway to heaven. If you haven't heard it, hear it, it's truley fantasic. Then a few other good song and then The Leevee. God beat and classic rythim.
Check it out!

So there's my favourite album, and i enjoy hearing from yours!
Feel free to take part in the Music likeness quiz.

Edit: seeing as this type of topic will never be finished, many new members wanting to add their comment and every once in a while making a new thread for it if the old one is too far down, I took the liberty of making this a sticky and changing the title. The original title was "Whats your favourite album?". If someone wants an additional Poll option, send me a PM and I can incorporate it, as long as there are slots left (10 is the maximum).
Muse, I hope you don´t mind me hijacking your thread.
Cheers,
Morn.
As time past on, the feeling of fun
passed away like wind on a mountain...
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

My favourite album ever would be Guns n Roses greatest hits, if not then Appetite for destruction. Fantastic album, and has all the classic GnR songs like sweet child o' mine and Paradise city, as well as their lesser known, but still brilliant, stuff like you could be mine and Aint it fun. It is hard to believe that they never had a number 1, but this just adds to the appeal in my opinion.
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

We've had this a month ago. And two months ago. And three months ago. And four months ago. Not five months ago, but we had two simultaneous ones six months ago. And seven months ago.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Mine is currently Gorillaz "Demon Days"
although i do like my Bob Marley's Greatest Hits.....vèt relaaaaaaaaaxed
although Guns 'n Roses Greatests hits i like too.
oh and my mothers copy of a Night at the Oprea by queen.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

We've had this a month ago. And two months ago. And three months ago. And four months ago. Not five months ago, but we had two simultaneous ones six months ago. And seven months ago.

Yep. But in slightly different formats; for instance favourite song, favourite band etc. What are you listening to right now? was quite a good one. Please don't over-exaggerate, damnation ;) !

Although having said this, i bet a lot of peoples tastes have changed since the last ones, and this is a topic that is ever evolving because of it. It is not like a rules question which has only one answer at any one time, this changes from person to person, so is varied. For any other topic i wuod say BAD, but for this one, i say OH OK THEN.
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.
Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Damnation wrote:We've had this a month ago. And two months ago. And three months ago. And four months ago. Not five months ago, but we had two simultaneous ones six months ago. And seven months ago.

seeing people are posting i don't think they mind. And really some topics are just to good not post on. Yes it may come out reguarly, and i kinda guessed it had, but it's just a fun topic.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I think my taste is far too specific to like an entire album ;).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Rankrath
Executioner

Post by Rankrath »

favourite album, thats a tough one. either Emerson Lake & Palmer's brain salid surgery or one of the Jimmy Buffet albums.
in this life time, people get hurt. just be glad is wasn't your turn

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Cadian_Fortress/index.php? Come and join the ranks of the Imperial Guard.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Where´s the metal option in the poll? Ah, there it is... ;)

And although it´s true that these threads come up all the time, I see no reason not to keep it open, as long as people are interested in posting in it. With the number of members Dnet has, it´ll be a long time before everyone has posted in a "favourite music" thread.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Currently my fav album is Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses by Atreyu, though overall its Alive or just Breathing by Killswitch Engage.
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Devoured_mazarine
Beastmaster

Post by Devoured_mazarine »

Either Morbid Angels - Altars Of Madness or Metallicas - Black Album or something entirely else... Exodus - Fabulous Disaster perhaps.... very hard to say
/Mazarine

Devoured_Mazarine's army blog
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=60598
Seralkith
Beastmaster

Post by Seralkith »

Well myine is different than many others here, but variety is good. Currently my fav. album is Franz Ferdinand's You Could Have It So Much Better.
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Radiohead - OK Computer. Good old favourite...

Currently, I'm also loving the entire Bloc Party -Silent Alarm album...

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Kin'eleth
Executioner

Post by Kin'eleth »

Classic Rock.
artists:
AC/DC
Alice Cooper
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Boston
The Boss (Bruce Springsteen)
Caesars
The Clash
The Cars
The Doors
Eagles
Elton John
The J. Geils Band
Jimi Hendrix
John Mellencamp
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ok Go
Simon and Garfunkel
Queen
Ramones
Rolling Stones
Steppenwolf
Survivor
BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive)
Van Halen
The Who
Led Zeppilen

I know that this was not the exact topic, but whatever. My favorite album..... would have to be Boston. Its by Boston, and amazing. They have a really great sound, and very classic rock. My altime favorite band would havbe to be the Beatles. They don't have my favorite song, but almost everything they wrote was amazing.
despair.com for all your demotivating needs!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny..... (I think you know it by now)
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Hmm, I'm not sure as to what my fav album would be, but bands I like at the moment include:

Rhapsody
Nightwish
Coldplay
Rammstein
Wig Wam
Kalmah
The Darkness

Sean
Last edited by Seanzala on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Iced Earth's 'Alive in Athens' got stuck in my cd-player !wink!

@ Damnation: now we still don't know your favourite album.. I'd really like to know since you're the metal-expert of the site.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Neondestroyer
Dark Rider

Post by Neondestroyer »

Seems like there's a lot of people out there listening to metal \m/ >.< \m/

I won't make a list of the bands I listen to because there's a similar topic like this one where you can find it.
So let's put it like this, I listen to almost any kind of music (except rap, I can't stand it), but mostly to Black/Viking/Heathen/Death Metal, Industrial, Goth, Drone and Doom.
Ik haat godverdomme trance!

Have a look: http://www.druchii.net/album_personal.php?user_id=10838
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Currently Children of Bodom-Are you Dead Yet though Iron Maidens-Death on the Road is close behind. From that you'll probably have guessed I'm into metal.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Ilokir wrote:@ Damnation: now we still don't know your favourite album.. I'd really like to know since you're the metal-expert of the site.

I find it very difficult to answer to such questions. There are 150+ albums in my collection, some more on my HD, with a new one being added to my collection every week or so. And I only buy albums that I know I will like (that is not to say that there are times that I'm disappointed by a praised album), so most of the albums I own range from pretty good to excellent. Having said this, I think I can pick 5 albums in my collection that have all had a great influence on me:

Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (majestic, pummelling, enlightened, epic...)
Opeth - Damnation (my namesake, a perfect recreation of Pink Floydish progressive rock with a swooning, mellow feel)
...and Oceans - AM GOD (from start to finish, an incredibly tight black/death/industrial metal album that has a palpable air of joyous creation in it)
Borknagar - The Olden Domain (a black metal dream team, creating the epitome of epic music; this one is amazing)
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness (one track, sixty minutes, a wonderful experience with an enormous scope; there's even a children's choir in this!)

Note that none of the above have alarm clock metal voices or guitar hero nonsense, or catchy riffs or ***** melodies. All the above albums are infused with pure musical genius and tasteful arrangements, from the blisteringly fast Ye Entrancemperium of Emperor, to the intense melancholy of Opeth's Windowpane. Every self-respecting metal fan should own at least one of the above albums, or become a missionary and die to angered little monkeys in a distant tropical forest.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Vradek (ex pandemonio)
Executioner

Post by Vradek (ex pandemonio) »

I usually try to be pretty open about music and try to listen to everything but Heavy Metal ROCKS.....anyway,there are various albums that I consider my favourites:
Primus:sailing the seas of cheese
Cradle of filth:dusk and her embrace
System of a down:system of a down
Moonspell:wolfheart
Rage against the machine:the battle of Los Angeles

P.S.
I also sometimes listen to The Dandy Warhols,they are a bit lame but I find them relaxing.

Cheers!!!
FOR GHROND,FOR THE WITCH KING AND FOR KHAINE,CHAAAARGE!!!
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Hard for me, since I'm pretty ecclectic. Thanks to Morn for putting Jazz and Blues, since in the end, I voted for that. As far as music in general goes, I could pick a random jazz/blues song, and enjoy it, although I don't know many actual pieces or artists.

Then pop is pretty good, and R&B can be ok, but only particular songs (I like black eyed peas), out of rap, I only like some of Eminem's songs. For pop, most of it nowdays to me is all manufactured, but I do like old "pop" (eg. Beatles and Abba).

And then Rock - this is average for me. I like The Darkness a lot, and Queen is probably my favourite band (IMO the ultimate rock band). However, I don't like metal much at all, and really dislike all the deathscreaming etc. (>.< ow, my ears!).

So yeah, I'm pretty ecclectic, but there is some music that I really like or really dislike, but in the end, Jazz and Blues came out on top.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I don't really have a favourite album since I don't buy many CDs. I just go with whatever's on the radio.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Vradek (ex pandemonio)
Executioner

Post by Vradek (ex pandemonio) »

P.P.S.

I forgot also Mayhems latest album Chimera wich really kicks a**e and Children of Bodoms follow the repear.
FOR GHROND,FOR THE WITCH KING AND FOR KHAINE,CHAAAARGE!!!
Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Other Cd's im listening to right now:

System of a down, toxcity
Sum 41, Chuck
Blink 182, .....(i think its just called Blink 182?)
Offspring, Greatest hits.
Foofighters, Foo Fighters
Nirvana, Nevermind
and my cousins rock band which is really weird. In fact i would classify it as soft metal (alluminium foil?). To desribe it to you, picture a coldplay song just gone bad into chaos, (6 guitarists and a base.) and the singer of linkin park who is screaming in the background.
Weird stuff.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

There's no option for dance music! What kind of poll is this? Now, I'm a fan of some classic rock, some alternative, some techno, and some of a lot of things, but nothing beats dance music. Dance music gets parties started and keeps them going. If they have lyrics, they're also usually great to sing along to (though you'll also want to dance while you sing). Now that's what I call music.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

pmpn8ez: what exactly is dance music? Could you name some well-known songs that are dance music? Because at the moment I´m inclined to think that what I think is dance music would be included in "popular".
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.