FORMS!!!!!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rasputinii
M-A-D

FORMS!!!!!

Post by Rasputinii »

Argghh...!!!!!!!

I apologise for the random nature of this thread, but this is getting to me, and I thought I would share my plight.

It seems like since turning 18 (in May) all I have done if fill out forms. Hundreds of Forms for banks, driving licenses, crappy jobs. And they take hours to fill in! I mean I am currently filling in one for a crummy job, and I have been doing the damned thing for at least 2 hours. It just goes on and on and on and on... Its a never ending form that I am sure will take me to old age.

And whats worse is I know that this is the beginning of the rest of my life, a life of form filling, being turned down (though I already have plenty of expereince of that ;)) and general stupidty on some one elses part, as you stand there in bank after bank talking to inept people who haven't a clue about anything with a brain cavity the size of a pea, yet still their brains manages to rattle about. I wanna be a kid again, its soo much simpler then :)...

[/random rant]

Ras
Pleased to be back
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Don't worry, Ras. In my estimation you'll always remain 16 years old ;)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I like pushing paper - its one of my joys in life. ;)

You'll get used to it, and you'll become much more proficient at it as time goes on, I'm sure. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Being an adult is tons of fun, or so I hear. You get to work a 9-5 for someone who couldn't do your job and make a meagre 5-figure sum of it every year, so you can afford to hire people to overcharge you to fill out the forms for you! I don't know about you (and I just turned 18 as well, in early June), but I am way excited. :D At least you get government-sponsored healthcare in England (or did you move to California already?) :roll:
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Ha, I finally finished my 10 page form for the crummy supermarket job. Oh the joy. Now to do it all over again for a different supermarket....

pmp: Yeah, its all looking up ;)

Damnation: Your so kind ;)

Vorch: Hmm, profficency is an alien concept to me :D :P
Pleased to be back
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

pmpn8ez wrote:You get to work a 9-5 for someone who couldn't do your job . . .

9-5 ?!?!?!

I wish it were 9-5. I worked about 85 hours last week and I only have 1 job. Can't complain about the money, but I would take less to work less.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

i know what you mean, i have to fill out 20 copies of the same form (and no i am now allowed to photocopy they all have to be filled out in blue ink) just to get the wheels turning on my american visa.. shesh
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:i know what you mean, i have to fill out 20 copies of the same form (and no i am now allowed to photocopy they all have to be filled out in blue ink) just to get the wheels turning on my american visa.. shesh

Hey you coming to the states for a visit?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

no for a living. moving there in december and having my wedding in NY and then we will live in New Jersey
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Yeah, filling out forms is annoying. However, now imagine you wouldn´t only have to fill out your own forms, but also sign the forms of 30 to 80 people who need your approval signature for lots of stuff, from a day off to training certificates to being issued equipment.
After signing 95 documents one day, I changed my signature (which was my full name up to then, and it is a longish name) to a simple symbol.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

I know quite a few people who have a "work signature" for signing bits and bobs when they can't be bothered to sign their full name.

Forms are a pain to fill in, the really annoying thing is that the questions are never quite the same so you can't have standard answers.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

I'm sensing a little bit of frustration. :)

Anyway, forms are one of the more dull things of life. You can spend hours filling them in only to be rejected for whatever it is you're applying for. Luckily, there's the internet now so you can fill in forms on your computer, send them and get your rejection in just a week or two.

Most of the forms are one-time-only shots (that is, when you actually get approved/hired/whatever) so it should end sometime. I hope you'll still have some spirit left after this ordeal. ;)

My name is a pretty long one too so I have a designed a smaller signature (read: blob) so it's easier to get them to look alike.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

My advice..go to university, it's great

I'm second year and I still don't have any sense of responsibility.

Also avoid supermarket jobs and positions in kitchens. These jobs are dangerous to a persons mental health. If you want a good job go into security. You get paid to be bored aparently

One thing though, to get into uni you have to fill out alot of forms :mrgreen:
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Malevion wrote: Also avoid supermarket jobs and positions in kitchens. These jobs are dangerous to a persons mental health.

Agreed! I used to work in restaurants and everyone . . . I mean EVERYONE . . . who was in it long term had a drug or alcohol problem.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha wait till you graduate from college or some such nonsense then it is endless cover letters and resumes and more and more forms. These Forms include Leases, Mortgages, Loans of all makes models and types, forms for jobs, w-2's, Insurance of all types and of course applications because not only do jobs want your resume and cover letter but you still need to fill out an application and did I forget contracts why yes I did. Get used to forms they will be with you till you die.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Malevion: I am going to Uni / Art Shool. I am just looking for away of making enough dosh to live a little for the next few months

Ras
Pleased to be back
Alkair
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Alkair »

Forms are societies way of keeping everybody in check...so, better get used to them. And when you were not yet legally grown up, somebody else had to fill out those forms on your behalf. How happy do you think are the guardians/parents of all those new grown ups that they can take up the form filling responsibility upon themselves now??
---------------------
House Sheth Harath
Highborns of the great city of Ghrond
Guardians against the Great Chaos Waste
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Also avoid supermarket jobs and positions in kitchens. These jobs are dangerous to a persons mental health. If you want a good job go into security. You get paid to be bored aparently

OH $"$!"£%"" what have i been doing with my life the past 2 years? working in supermarkets and Kitchens. :( :( :(
anyway, Ras i hear what you say the amount of ruddy forms that i have filled in the last month or so is just gettting annoying, reaplication forms, Job aplications, tax forums, bank forms, UCAS forms, i swear i do not want to get any older, its getting very very very annoying.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

If you want a good job go into security. You get paid to be bored aparently

Yuck - I know some guys who worked security, and really, its not good all in all. And really, it is quite boring - which is never good. If you want to be paid to be bored, go work for the government or something - its safer, has better hours, has a pension, and pays better than most other jobs. And if, on the off chance, you are assigned some work, its normally pretty easy and non-stressful stuff. I'm sure there are people out there who disagree with that, and many of them would be right, because you have to find the right department to get that kind of a job. I've found it in two departments myself. Worst experience ever is to have a job where you could not show up for a week and have no one notice you were gone...
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Worst experience ever is to have a job where you could not show up for a week and have no one notice you were gone...

Perfect - get paid whilst not actually being at work.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Don't get a Job as a Canvasser the hours suck and almost everyone doesn't want to listen to you. Plus you end up sounding like a dirty tree hugging hippie.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Eeeeron wrote:I know quite a few people who have a "work signature" for signing bits and bobs when they can't be bothered to sign their full name.

My general signature is a random number of up and down lines with a cross where I feel the "t" should be.

Eeeeron wrote:
Worst experience ever is to have a job where you could not show up for a week and have no one notice you were gone...

Perfect - get paid whilst not actually being at work.
The one day you don't bother turning up is the day the boss goes looking for you. It's a law.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

RasputinII wrote:Ha, I finally finished my 10 page form for the crummy supermarket job. Oh the joy. Now to do it all over again for a different supermarket....

Eff that, I just drop off resumes and call them repeatedly. Explains why I've only been declined for two jobs in my life. One, I didn't have enough volunteer experience (who does that?) and two, the guy was a tool I didn't want to work for him.

Dyvim Tvar wrote:
pmpn8ez wrote:You get to work a 9-5 for someone who couldn't do your job . . .

9-5 ?!?!?!

I wish it were 9-5. I worked about 85 hours last week and I only have 1 job. Can't complain about the money, but I would take less to work less.

And I thought I worked a lot.. 60-65 hours per week. :?
Also.. 9-5 is for loonies. Who the hell wants to wake up then? I work midnights and go to bed at 8:00 am. ;)

Fr0