Opportunity for Good Authors - Make Money

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Opportunity for Good Authors - Make Money

Post by Langmann »

Hello Druchii Net

I am pleased and excited to introduce you to my newest project, Paragon Scribe. Paragon Scribe is an online magazine dedicated to showcasing the best short stories from new authors.

Paragon Scribe would like to offer the members at Druchii the chance to have their completely original work (sorry, copyright restrictions mean we can’t accept ‘fan-fiction’) published in our online magazine.

Online magazines have a poor reputation due to low quality stories, or because they become a place for a select few authors to publish work. Paragon Scribe aims to avoid this reputation by treating our publication as much like a true paper magazine as we can. We will carefully select our stories to maintain a high level of quality. We have contracts ready for our authors. We will strive to have a product that is well assembled and easy to read. We hope to present readers with a package they can read online, or print out and enjoy taking with them to peruse.

Paragon Scribe is actively seeking new authors. We aren’t locked in to any particular genre or style, so anyone can send us a story for consideration. We can’t print everything we receive, but we’ll read them all.

Come visit us at http://www.paragonscribe.com. Check out our submission guidelines, and send us your stories.

Thanks

Gavin (Brannick) and Steve Kennedy (owner of Paragon Scribe)

Comments/Questions Welcome Below
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

This is definitely something I'll look into. I dont know if you've read any of my work and already now say: "geez, I said GOOD authors", but I'll give i t a shot anyway.
Valorian the merciless
Beastmaster

Post by Valorian the merciless »

so are you allowed to send in stories featuring the warhammer world or any other realm like dungeons and dragons ?(it screams for a funny yet still entertaining parody)

or do they have to be fully made up?
...I'm the king....
...the master of parody...
...Rejoice...
...for the writing continues...
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Looks like they exclude any entries from copyrighted games. All our Warhammer stories fall under the category of "fan fiction".
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I'll be taking a look soon. Expect some contribution.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Brannick
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brannick »

Valorian the Merciless wrote:so are you allowed to send in stories featuring the warhammer world or any other realm like dungeons and dragons ?(it screams for a funny yet still entertaining parody)

or do they have to be fully made up?

General Kala is correct - Paragon Scribe cannot accept submissions based in a known genre, be it G-W, X-men, Star Wars etc etc (you get the drift). All work has to be completely new and from the authors mind if you will, otherwise we will suffer the wrath of the corporations!

If any of you have any questions then do ask away here or drop me an e-mail: -

contact@paragonscribe.com

Regards

Brannick
Drizz't
Highborn

Post by Drizz't »

dam sweet! I'm still working on my other stories lol. heh watch out
Winning isnt everything.
Its the only thing.
Celius
Cold One Knight

Post by Celius »

Hey, I might contribute a lil bit. I did a piece a while back for coursework in english, I was planning to make it into a full story, but i never found the time. I've always wanted to do it, but maybe having a reason will persuade me to finish it. Most of my stuff, if not all, is humour based. I also have something a friend wrote for coursework as well. It is absolutely horrific. Spelling and grammar dont exist in his world. Its hilarious :P

Edited: Just read this, is there any let up on the "Science fiction and fantasy stories based outside of the realms of a known genre" ?
Finally; someone's put the 7th Edition Dark Elf book up for download: Here!
Grab it while you can!
Die go
Executioner

Post by Die go »

I really would like to collaborate with something, but my English grammar is far from neing perfect, as I´m not a native English speaker, would it be a problem?
"Brother, while you burn, you belong to life."
Brannick
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brannick »

Hi Celius

Paragon Scribe hopes to cater for the majority of fiction that we envisage will be sci-fi/fantasy related. However, we will consider other works as long as they are well written, whether it be modern day war, explorers in the jungle, a love story on safari (you get the gist)! So, if it is well written and presented we will consider it.

Hi Die Go

Paragon Scribe will cater solely for the English reading audience and we appreciate that this may prove a problem for folks wanting to submit work when English is not their first langauge. My suggestion Die Go would be to work with someone as a proof reader for your work, perhaps a few folks here at Druchii will give you a hand so that your work is flowing well enough to present to Paragon Scribe? There are other websites that may be in a position to help in this regard too, places like Imperial-Literature.net and Librarium Online as two examples.

Kind Regards

Brannick
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Sweet, I'll have to look in to this.

Your Website wrote:Recurring characters are fine, but if you have a story that is in parts, contact us before submitting it.

So if I wanted to have x have one adventure, then a while later have x go elsewhere and do something completely different that'd be okay right? So long as it isn't a longer story submitted in enstallments.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Tezrek
Corsair

Post by Tezrek »

Can it be ib french?Our contribution I mean.
Climb into the Chao with a friend or two
And follow the Way it carries you,
Adrift like a Lunati Lifeboat Crew
Over the Waves in whatever you do.
(HBT;The Book of Advice, 1:3)
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Brannick wrote:Paragon Scribe will cater solely for the English reading audience

So no.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Brannick
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brannick »

Anyone else have an interest in submitting work(s)?
Raziel02

Post by Raziel02 »

I would have a shot at it, but i havent got anything so it may take me some time to actually write something up.
Brannick
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brannick »

Raziel02 wrote:I would have a shot at it, but i havent got anything so it may take me some time to actually write something up.

I must admit, I do forget folks do actually have to write something before they submit.

Well, feel free to send our way when completed Raziel.

Many thanks

Brannick
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

I have a nice idea for a story, but I haven´t started writing it yet. With a lot of work to do for university, I doubt I will get it done anytime soon. However, when I do, I will gladly send it to you.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

I have a few ideas and works in process, what sort of size are you looking for?

I'll let you know if I get any done, about 50-50 with exams coming up...
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

How long/short do you want the stories to be, on average? I mean, would 500pg tomes (no, I haven't written any) be too big? Would small 100 pg stories be too small?

Sean
Brannick
Slave on the Altar

Post by Brannick »

@ Seanzala and SBOD - we will honestly consider anything from a 500 word short story to a book-sized epic, as long as it is well written. Check out the updated FAQ at the website for further information: -

http://www.paragonscribe.com

Whenever you have something as a "finished item" send it our way and we can discuss further.

Many thanks

Brannick
Vanderghast
The Dark Scribe
Location: Sitting before a pile of scrolls, books and countless unfinished tales and poems

Post by Vanderghast »

Very interesting indeed. It is surely something I'm interested in.

I'll be following this closely.
And the Angels of Lucifer descended on the world
The dead rose from slumber
And Darkness was Lord
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Okay, I'm interested, and it gives me the motive to start writing my book anyway. :P

But first, some questions;

What is the difference between your American Copyright Laws and my UK Copyright Laws, and how do they effect each other (IE, are they compatible)?

Are all pieces submitted to Paragon Scribe published for hard copies, or not?

How often would you require one of your contracted writers to send something in?
Back From Druchii Hiatus
The musashi edge!
Warrior

Post by The musashi edge! »

I've often thought of searching for an oppurtunity like this to test out my abilites in the real world, where I can actually expect unbiased, if perhaps a little harsh, feedback from people other than my freinds and family. Then this drops in on me from out of the blue. I have to confess, contracts scare me, but I am willing to give this a shot even with all the intimidating competition from the very talented writers on this site. I'll be watching this thread closely and wandering about your website untill inspiration hits.
Branthon Dalreck
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS-4, S-4, T-5, D-3, I-2
6'2", 160lbs, 98 years old
Prince sonny
Trainee Warrior

Post by Prince sonny »

I would love to try. I have some skill with words as I am always told by my english teachers and anyone who reads my work. Also I have a friend who is writing a book (or trying to) and it is now up to about sixty pages. He keeps rubbing it in my face whenever he can, because he is compeditive, and he knows i am a better writer. If I could just stop being so lazy I would gladly send you a piece of writing, and this will finaly temper my friend's bragging!
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

So, did the site ever take off? I checked it some time ago and there was nothing...

SZ