Need Help on Aquiring Girl

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Need Help on Aquiring Girl

Post by Lord fear »

So there's this really hot girl in my class and i want to ask her out to the upcoming school dance but i have no idea how to do so. After frantically aksing my surrounding company i found that no one could help me. So i figured i would ask the only people in the world that i know i could trust: the Druchii community. After all, we are the most civilized race in the world are we not?

So i ask you this fellow Druchii: what should i do to make a good impresion on this girl and ask her out in a nice way?

Thanks for any repplies.

Lord Fear

p.s. I do realize that this is way off-topic but i figured that this is a matter of tactical advice for a fellow Druchii in need of serious help.
I will kill you until you die from it.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Ok, well the first thing that you need to do is just start talking to her. About anything. That will help build your confidence. Even if its about the weather, who cares, just start talking. The one thing you want to do is act shy and nervous, because that is only cute about 10% of the time. The best thing to do is just go up and ask her, "Hey, you should really go to the dance with me." or "You have a date for the dance? Well neither do I so we should go together" Just make sure you sound like you are in charge and have confidence (even if you don't). One thing you should do before you ask is find out if she has a boyfriend or if anyone else is taking her. Oh and if you get rejected, who cares? Just be like "Ok, thats cool." And then go find someone else to go with. But the key to everything is confindence, either real or faked, it will help you out.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Well you came to the right place Lord Fear, just sit back and let the Doc tell you what you need to do ;)

If you catch her eye, wink. That'll get her thinking about you. After class, ask why she was oogling you so much. Say that it was distracting you from the lesson (she'll give you that "Excuse me?" look, but ten bucks says she'll be laughing as well). Then just take the conversation in the direction of the dance and you're set. Keep the convo shorter than a minute though.

Trust me, the ladies eat that stuff up.

Oh and if you get rejected, who cares? Just be like "Ok, thats cool." And then go find someone else to go with. But the key to everything is confindence, either real or faked, it will help you out.

QFT. Besides, if she doesn't work out, start hitting on her friends :P
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

Don't ask me for advice. I've never chased a girl before. Didn't have the confidence. I've just been extremely lucky to meet someone special by sheer chance!

But my golden tip is to never ever appear desperate or come on too strong. Patience is key.
Vid
Cold One Knight

Post by Vid »

Bite the bullet and do it. Don't look back.

Nobody will think any less of you for trying, even if you fail. You gotta get the practice in and theres no better time to start.

What both Fingol and Loki said are good, trick is to be confident in yourself.
If it weren't for rules, we'd all be sitting up in trees, flinging our crap at each other -- Red.
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord fear »

Thanks for all the advice guys. I should perhaps mention that i asked the same girl out last year to a similar event but she said that i was a day late and someone had already asked her but that she would have loved to go with me. Thing is that i don't know if she really meant that or if she said that out of sympathy? Also, while talking to her in class (we sit next to each other in calculus), she does not show any signs of being interested in me. Is that normal or should i just give up now??
Sephiroth1611
Dark Rider

Post by Sephiroth1611 »

Bite the bullet and do it. Don't look back.

Nobody will think any less of you for trying, even if you fail. You gotta get the practice in and theres no better time to start.

Yeah go for her.
I was trying to ask a grl out for 3 months and made it.
Now 6 years after we are only friends. I really regret it now that she told me she was waiting for me to ask her out
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

My friend, welcome to the king of girls excuses. Unfortunatley I've heard em all and honestly, she probably did mean it. A girl said the same thing to me, and I asked her out to something else, and she said yes.

Don't worry, you'll get her. Like Loki said just talk to her, and don't do what I do and get hyper. I am a very hyper person and that can get annoying to them sometimes. Sometimes its funny if your funny but it's better to stay chill.

Good luck my friend. Let us know how it goes
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Ah, well keep in mind advice like mine only works when you don't know the girl that well (ie. she hasen't given you the "just friends" talk).

Sometimes its funny if your funny but it's better to stay chill.

Funny is always good, but being hyper sends the ladies wierd vibes. Example: you're on the dance floor and you see one chap who's all over the place. His moves are sloppy and he's out of control. The ladies aren't going to gravitate towards him, they're going for the calm, cool slickster who knows what he's doing. (I actually gave a bunch of freshmen a longer version of this example today... ah youth)

I'm too immature to speculate why, I only know what works :P

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Well, there is no way to tell if she was being nice or if she really meant that she would love to go with you. The best thing to do is to suck it up and ask soon cause she's probably gonna have other offers. And its not going to get any easier the longer you wait. So just go do it as soon as you can.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

She may be playin hard to get man. Just talk to her and casually ask her if shes goin, dont make a big deal about it. Bring it up like its just something you were wondering and just ask if shes goin with someone like Loki said. If shes got no plans or bf or anything just ask her then or wait a little later and be like "Hey I was thinking..."

Just like they said though, if she says no then just forget about her man. My thought goin into these situations is "Hey Ive been dumped by prettier girls than you."
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord fear »

Thanks for all the repplies guys. You see, the dance is not until Septmenber 30. So my next question is: when should i ask her? If i ask her early, i will probably be first but she might get scared. If wait too long, then someone else might ask her. What do you think?
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

I'm in a similar boat there friend. The big dance for my school is September 23.

Anyway, I'll be blunt, girls (at least the ones I know) obsess over this stuff. They need to pick out dresses, think of ways to do their hair, help their friends out, and think about what you're going to be doing that night (and by the way, the night should consist of photos --> dinner --> dance --> coffee). I'd say ask her no later than September 16. That's early enough so you can get her before anyone else, and it gives her time for everything to sink in and so she can go do her girl stuff.

Just don't procrastinate or jump the gun ;)

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Hmmm, Id say that Fingol has the end date good, and I would set the start date at the 10th. That shouldn't be too early. But, there is the chance that someone else risks asking tomorrow and it pays off for them. Its a tricky game that you are playing. But I would go with your gut feeling. All in all, we can give you thousands of snippets of advice, but what it really comes down to is this. Its your life, you live it the way you want to. Do what you think is necessary and what you are comfortable with. That said, I think the time period that we gave is a good one, but just as a disclaimer realize that anything can happen.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Hmmm, Id say that Fingol has the end date good, and I would set the start date at the 10th.

Only if it's a school formal (Americans call it 'Prom') - after the regular school dances that we've got in Australia (at least, the dances I go to), people usually head to an afterparty with friends. Said party often involves drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, but that doesn't always happen.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Thefallenone
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thefallenone »

Ladies are a big mystery sometimes, they give some signs that they're interested but when you really go and chat with them they seem to just shut you away... aargh maybe its just me always getting interested to a girl who already has a boyfriend :shock: ... that's pretty damn bad luck

Well anyway like there has been mentioned the keyword is CONFIDENCE. I bet you feel better after you've asked her no matter what she says cause then you dont have to think about if she wants to come or not...Anyway good luck with ya!
Bring some slaves to the altar :)
Banshee
Highborn
Location: I say go, she say yes, Dim the light, you can guess the rest!

Post by Banshee »

... and let us know how it went!!!!! :P (Good luck to you, or course. ;) )
Damnation wrote:And remember, every time you use excessive punctuation, a random brain lobe deactivates itself.
Cenyu wrote:Warhammer: Age of Reckoning: Introducing BOB ROSS as Malekith's new personal paint artist!
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

WEll, if you have that much time to your disposal, forget about the cheap pick up lines. Most girls have heard them all before.
Talk to her. About anything (though perhaps not hair-care products, because it'll be hard to conceal how bored you'll be). Become someone she knows and recognizes. Then your suggestion for going together will seem much more acceptable, even delightful.
Unit strengths and bases are covered here.
Updates are here.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Above all remembet the golden rule: Be yourself. Changing yourself to go on a date with a girl is just not wortk it. Also, why plan so much on when to ask her? You wanna go with her, you ask now. Whats the big deal? If it seems awkward, then start laying the foundation by getting her into a conversation on the dancwe thingie, and perhaps express interest in taking her. Then she'll know you are interested, and perhaps suggest it herself.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Do this *EXACTLY*:

1: walk over.
2: Say hello to attract attention..
3: Repeat the following Verbatim:
I find you very attractive and would like you to acompany me to the dance. Would you like to go with me?

Try get a mate to bet against it happening if you can, for an easy exist should all logic fail.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Actually....i'm 25 years old....and I found that women like a man who doesn't talk much..they don't like it when you get in their faces.....

no...it is better to simply ignore them.....why do you think they always go for the tough guys?? Because women need to be protected. They like the warriors types.....don't be all kind and friendly.....no give her a glare every now and then just to let her know who's domain she is in.....that will put her on the defensive.....THEN you lighten up by making a very manly joke....preferably one that makes someone else look bad and you good...or cool.......

Ha ha ha......this is funny......
Serion
Beastmaster

Post by Serion »

First of all you go to her and say Hail malekith! (chicks like fantasy and warhammer), then you introduce yourself as Lord Fear. After that you tell her everthing the good people at druchii.net told you to say. After that you say "gimme 5 mins, just gonna post a question on druchii.net".

Hah, ok. Might not really work. How about being yourself? Or do you want her to like someone that isnt really you?

GL with the IRL stuff Lord Fear ;)
Im not stupid, im just having bad luck when im thinking
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

Just like tenebrae said. Talk to her so she aknowledges you as a friend. If you really wanna hit it home, tease her. The reason girls seem to pick the losers is they like to be teased. Nothing to drastic, but poke a little fun. Also dont over do it. talk to her, teaser her, maker her laugh, and quit while your ahead. I would say that anywhere from Sept 5-16 is good.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Talk to her so she aknowledges you as a friend

I disagree with that, once females start thinking of you in one way, it's difficult to break out of that. Whatever you do, don't fall into the friend trap or creep category.

Having female friends is great, but don't make friends out of girls that you'd rather be dating.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Having female friends is great, but don't make friends out of girls that you'd rather be dating.

Ah yes, the good old "I love you, but like a brother" argument. Awful when they pull that one on you.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854