Drinker or not?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Do you drink alchol

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 121

Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

Damn, every time i get to one of these threads, someone has said my thoughts on the subject, in pretty much my words exactly.
Archdukechocula wrote:Nope. Don't much like the taste and I don't see any appeal in drunkeness

seanzala wrote:No. Although I am only 15, I know a few people that drink a bit and are my age, and to me its stupid.

:)

AoAlgebra :lol:
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

I don't drink beer at all, just don't like the taste. Same goes for many different wines. Although will drink most anything else. Favourite is vodka in any combination, particularly Smirnoff.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Hmm, although I can I don't drink. Every once in a while on a family event or some holiday I'll have a shot of something or another, but that's only "regular" if you consider yearly to be regular.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Warhammer without Booze is just plain fun but no potentially funny. Plus second day of GTs you get rid of the Hangover by drinking.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Animatronicdemonskwerral
Beastmaster

Post by Animatronicdemonskwerral »

No, my family has a big problem with addictive substabces. no one takes it in moderation, they push it all the way and as far as possible.
THR/////////\\\\\\\\\\ZZZZZZZHHHHHHH TILLL D////\\\\////\\\THHHHHHHH
Seleth
Executioner

Post by Seleth »

I use to drink social, pesonally i love tequila :P
Follow only the true path:
The one of Anaerion the Defender.
The one of Malekith the Conqueror.
Dread lord malice
Noble

Post by Dread lord malice »

I dont drink cause my old man was a terrible mean drunk. And so i decided that I just didnt need that. Besides I like going to parties and REMEMBERING THEM the next day :D
Just kiddin guys. Like all my friends drink, but I dont and Im fairly proud of it.
Victory is measured in blood. Yours or your enemies.

Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Damnation wrote:I'm a student. What do you think.

QFT.

€: For the record, I'm not drunk right now.
Cornixt
Cold One Knight

Post by Cornixt »

You can drink without getting drunk, you know...
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Yes, I drink occasionally, though not nearly as much as I used to. After a few times of being drunk out of my mind, I finally got to the point where I threw up on a friend's carpet, which kind of made me think that it isn't all its cracked up to be (having to clean it up probably helped with that perspective).

So now I drink occasionally, but never so much as to impair my judgement. In terms of what I like to drink, spirits mostly (vodka is my favourite, since it can go into all sorts of mixes), and red wine.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

Yeah, I drink. Mainly beer and wine, though, I'm not so big on the harder stuff as I am a rather lightweight and I don't like the taste. On the other hand, anyone who goes to China should try JD with green tea (the bottled kind) - I don't promise that it will taste good but it will certainly be different.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Yes, I drink. Not so much as in my days in the navy or the fraternity.
What I drink depends on the occasion.
Basically everything from beer to longdrinks to shots to cocktails.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Silverwarlock
Highborn

Post by Silverwarlock »

Damnation wrote:I'm a student. What do you think.

Amen to that

I also have a full bar at home and my bartenders course finished :D so I can mix some great drinks

I however will not get hammered or loose control after some very bad experiences

though with 195lbs and regular drinking I can still take a lot down before getting anywhere near there
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

cornixt wrote:You can drink without getting drunk, you know...

Sure, but if you never get drunk to begin with, alchohol tastes like crap. Getting drunk is key to building up a tolerance to the taste of alchohol. Obviously there are exceptions, but anecdotally at least, from everyone I've ever talked to, alchohol tasted terrible until said person got drunk a few times. While being buzzed is mildly enjoyable, it's not that remarkable of an experience, and for me at least, doesn't really make up for the taste. Alchohol is a poison after all, so our body takes quite a bit of convincing to get used to it. I don't have anything against people who drink or anything. I just don't personally get a kick out of it. It's like any other mind altering substance. In moderation, it's fine, in many ways it is even net positive (having both positive social and health effects).

When people take it to extremes however, it's dangerous and destructive. For whatever reason (probably ease of creation, long history, and universal access has a lot to do with it), alchohol is a universally accepted mind altering substance, and pushing the boundaries seems to be commonplace. I do think the competition for "heaviest drinker as a sign of manliness" is a bit silly because of that though. It's like a competition for most stupid and irresponsible. I just marvel at how many people hold that as a matter of pride. I just wish people had the sense to drink in moderation. Too many people kill or harm themselves or others seriously through excessive drinking to, in essence, prove how little they value the world and those around them. The fact that these extremes are so widely tolerated, and even encouraged bothers me to no end. The great irony is that people end up using their drinking as an excuse for irresponsible behavior, which is about the least manly thing you can possibly do. After all, what better defines a child than a person incapable or unwilling to take responsibility for themselves and their actions?
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Neondestroyer
Dark Rider

Post by Neondestroyer »

Mead (homebrewed of course)!
Ik haat godverdomme trance!

Have a look: http://www.druchii.net/album_personal.php?user_id=10838
Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

I most certainly do. Fave drink depends on the situation. Sometimes beer (especially Belgian, best in the world!), sometimes red wine, sometimes a nice, white russian (got hooked on the buggers after watching The Big Lebowski one too many times). I've even been known to drink rectified alcohol and orange juice (the first one is horrible, the second is pretty bad but after that, it's smooth sailing :mrgreen: )...
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Archdukechocula wrote:When people take it to extremes however, it's dangerous and destructive. For whatever reason (probably ease of creation, long history, and universal access has a lot to do with it), alchohol is a universally accepted mind altering substance, and pushing the boundaries seems to be commonplace. I do think the competition for "heaviest drinker as a sign of manliness" is a bit silly because of that though. It's like a competition for most stupid and irresponsible. I just marvel at how many people hold that as a matter of pride. I just wish people had the sense to drink in moderation. Too many people kill or harm themselves or others seriously through excessive drinking to, in essence, prove how little they value the world and those around them. The fact that these extremes are so widely tolerated, and even encouraged bothers me to no end. The great irony is that people end up using their drinking as an excuse for irresponsible behavior, which is about the least manly thing you can possibly do. After all, what better defines a child than a person incapable or unwilling to take responsibility for themselves and their actions?

QFT. I used to drink and no longer do. My stories tend to be supreme examples of teenage stupidity taken to the very edge of self destruction. How many people do you know who've actually been stupid enough to drink Methanol? Ironically Methanol poisoning feels *exactly* like a bad hangover except it happens within about two hours after ingestion. Fun times.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Sure, but if you never get drunk to begin with, alchohol tastes like crap. Getting drunk is key to building up a tolerance to the taste of alchohol.

No, just choose a nicer drink, eg not beer.

I do drink occassionally, sometimes to a bit of an excess.

What do I drink - pretty much anything if in a good cocktail, cider mainly chilled ones like Magners and Copparberg, but I am also partial to the occasional aftershock and baileys (sometimes together).
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Funnily, several monsths ago, I started my own mini diet (which means cutting down on bread and sweats and that's about it), but have also started going out much more often (meaning every night) and each night I'd dring a couple of beers (nothing too excessive, but one liter minimum). Now, we all know that beer doesn't mix well with any kind of diet, but I've manged to shave off several kilos in a months' time....to my honest surprise.

KidA, lean drinking machine... :D

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Eldacar wrote:Yes, I drink occasionally, though not nearly as much as I used to. After a few times of being drunk out of my mind, I finally got to the point where I threw up on a friend's carpet, which kind of made me think that it isn't all its cracked up to be (having to clean it up probably helped with that perspective).

You just drink more so you don't have to. :twisted:
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Y-E-S

I am a wee bit of a L-I-G-H-T-W-E-I-G-H-T. As in three pints and away with the fairies type thing. Good times. Ran into a glass door fairly recently whilst under the influence. Knocked one of my front teeth clean out and got a nice big scar on one arm and some smaller ones elsewhere. Good times.

I avoid spirits for they produceth sick, which I dislike, so I avoid that. I drink beer most of the time. Wine when the occasion calls for it (and I LOVE the taste of wine). Though Snakebite is my current fascination. It works and moves out extremly quickly. Highly entertaining. Been drunk and hung over in the same sitting before...

Alchohol tastes no worse then tea or coffee when you first start drinking it. Beer has the worst first taste, but I loved wine from the first time I drank it. In my haunt. The London Art and rock n Roll scene the consumption of alchol is normal, and my happy drunk degree of consumption is pretty low considering most,. Most of my friends are users of illegal substances, some more then others, but I mean what ever any one wants to do is fine with me. Just don't force others to do it...

Ras

Eeeeeeron: Seen the Bishops live. Rubbish.
Pleased to be back
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

The London Rock 'n' Roll scene waters it's booze from what I saw. Probably due to all the kids with fake ID's getting in. Strange place London.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Now, we all know that beer doesn't mix well with any kind of diet, but I've manged to shave off several kilos in a months' time....to my honest surprise.

From my experience, I find that when I am drinking regularly, I tend to lose weight. I don't know if it is because I work out harder, or because I eat less.

Some of it might have to do with the social aspect of rugby, and I tend to go out for a pint (or Dram) or two after practice and matches, so maybe it is more of a reflection on the training, that I can drink and still lose weight.

Crap, if that is the case, no one tell my coach. He might make us work harder.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I absolutely adore alchohol in just about all forms, although my favorites have to be beer (good beer), red wines (bordeaux and cabernet in particular), single malt scotch, bourbon, and my most favoritest of allz, nihonshu (know to gaijin as Japanese sake).

My god I become an animal (a happy fun animal) when I drink sake... ;p

Come to think of it, I was drunk last night 6 hours before a conference call for work. Good times! :lol:
Last edited by Grogsnotpowwabomba on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Zah'draich
Corsair

Post by Zah'draich »

Ah. Dark and 'semi-dark' beers. Velvet from Sinebrykoff(Finland), Keisari from Nokia Brewery (Nokia is a small city in Finland. The company "Nokia" was named after that), Dark Nikolai from Sinebrykoff, Pivovar Herold Black Lager from Czech Rebublic... and so on and so on...
I drink MOSTLY for the taste, but occasionally with some buddys. 12-pack of Koff III is allways good. Oh. I must not forget Finlandia Vodka and Koskenkorva!!! (For serious drinking only... 40+ vol.)
Don't let honour, faith or mercy prevent your victory.
Dark Elves are merciles and effective army.

http://www.5wwwww5.com/holmansvikings/
YOUNG forum about Viking period re-enacting...