Anyone here read R.A Salvator books?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

Well, I haven't read them, but I've heard nothing but praise for them, and I know they are about Drow, which are like Dark Elves, so I think that would be a perfect book for Druchii players! Maybe I'll read it. You should too though

Yeah, I know that's not what you wanted, but I've heard it was good, so you should read it.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I have only read his original trilogy, the Icewind Dale Trilogy. This is the series of books where the famour Drizzt was first introduced.

It is superb and I highly recommend it.

Salvatore, in many ways, has defined the Dark Elf...

When I have more time I plan to read his trilogy dedicated soley to the early history of Drizzt, as he is quite an interesting character.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

well i read them all, but to shorten them up would be really hard.

basically about a young drow that grows up in menzoberanzan (/spelling?) the largest drow sity where he trains as a warrior. in the drow world the women rule so he has little choice in his life. and it changes one day when on a raid to the surface they slaughter a bunch of elves. and he is appealed of the bloodthirsty nature of his kin and how beutiful the surface really is. so he decides to flee his home (the fact that his family now wants him dead helps). with the aid of a magical figurine that transforms into a panther he works his way up top the surface where he tries to overcome the predudice of the surface dwellers and the fact that he lost all his magical abilities when leaveing the underworld.
Yokozuna
Cold One Knight

Post by Yokozuna »

I have finished the Dark elf trilogy and are now reading the Legacy of the drow. next time I'll be byuing a book it will be the new series about Drizzt, where Sea of swords is the first. Sorry that I couldn't help you there.
In a just cause, there are no failures!

Except when you're a Druchii warlord!
Witchking
The True Phoenix King
Location: Seven Sinners Council, and secretly giving Decheran the location of Dechalan :)

Post by Witchking »

I have only read the original trilogy and one of his other books when he returns to menzoboranzan. The books are great and Dnd is also great. Come to think of it Im running a drow campaign and using my Druchii models. Well worth the buy for those that have nothing to read.
Lord of Anger of the Seven Sins Council :twisted:
Survivor of the cursed flames
Master of the Black Arts
Group 12 Minions Destroyed: 132
Group 12 Characters Killed: 006

Aspect of Pointless Killing
Jkl2207
Warrior

Post by Jkl2207 »

Basically Wulfgar ran amok in the last book and left drizzt and co. So he goes on a soul searching quest last book and during that period his warhammer got stolen and sold to a vicious pirate. Now this warhammer was made by Bruenor, a dwarven king who fostered Wulfgar as his own and he imbued this warhammer with runes and crap like this and one of these runes was adopted by this pirate chick that bought the stolen warhammer. So when one of her lackeys is caught by Drizzt and Co. they suspect the worst and go off and investigate why an ex-pirate chick has a tattoo of a rune that bruenor inscribed onto the warhammer that he gave to wulfgar.

Wulfgar comes to his senses finnally and starts seaching for the warhammer and they meet up after and while and kick some baddies arse. end of story.