The new book summary, as reported by Milney

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Assassin and Hag can take ONLY Gifts of Khaine.
Rest characters can take ONLY magic items. I.e. noone able to combine items with gifts, unless he is a special character.

Ok, it is pretty much confirmed that an Assassin could use SoS Cloak with Shurikens and Potion of Strenght.

He can't use such combination.

In short I wish to know if I can combine Rune of Khaine particularly with any of the magic weapon

No such possibility.
Koon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Koon »

Dark Alliance wrote:The cost of the Ring of Hotek is 25pts. Which I have stated on numerous occasions.

And the most broken item. And I'll agree with You by now.

Kim
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

Wouldn't consider it broken - you have to be mighty careful with it, otherwise there is a chance that you end up frying your own spell-casters.
If Highelves are a pain in the butt, you are facing the wrong way!
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Matras wrote:Wouldn't consider it broken - you have to be mighty careful with it, otherwise there is a chance that you end up frying your own spell-casters.

That is very, very true but even our lower level casters are now highly mobile - dark steed, dark pegasus...

Consider your caster starting within the effect for first turn protection, then moving out to a unit you have conveniently placed in a safe area of the board.
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Multi-Crossbowmen : 10pts basic, Shields (1pt). AP for Repeater Crossbows

According to this http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh15 ... points.jpg they should be 9pts each
Sanity is highly overrated
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

There are many mistakes here.... :roll:
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

That army list has already been said to have plenty errors, yeah.

Bye
Thanee
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

The cost of the Ring of Hotek is 25pts. Which I have stated on numerous occasions.

Yes, I have just missed that in summary tread stated 20...
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

hmm... can Sorceress or Death Hag ride Cold one Chariots?
High elf Mages & Orc/Goblin Shaman (scroll caddies!) can ride chariots, I'd add a scroll caddie on CoC just to fit another chariot in.
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

Death Hags can only be on foot, or accompany a CoB.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

AFAIK, Sorceresses have the same mount options they have now + Dark Pegasus, so probably no Chariot.

Bye
Thanee
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

SilverHeimdall wrote:hmm... can Sorceress or Death Hag ride Cold one Chariots?

The only info I got from either Milney or bernh was about Dragon, Manticore, Dark Pegasus and CoB. Nothing about CoC, except a mention as a mount for the dreadlord.

I noticed the availability of manti to the new "master" (merge of Noble and Beastmaster) and of DP to sorceresses. The apparition of the Death Hag brings the CoB as a new mount, for her exclusive use.

As Milney reported that he did not mentioned things that did not change, I have to assume that CoC did not change at all as a mount.

The CoC is there, it seems to still take a special slot when taken as a mount, and is unlikely to be available for a sorc.

I assume DHags can mount only the CoB, not the CoC (could have been quite cool) nor anything else.

If ever someone could confirm (book-proof), I'd be happy to update the thread.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

The OP seems pretty confident that this 2nd Handbow for all Corsairs is true, and just because I want it to be true, I believe him. But why is everyone else so confident that it's only for champion? It was my understanding that this was pretty much the first big information dump that might be true in a good long while.
The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

Are the Assassin and Death Hag Khainites? Having the ability to throw a Stubborn 9 (or is it 10) Assassin into the path of Fast Cavalry threatening my Cauldron of Blood would be rather hilarious. Also, if the Death Hag isn't Stubborn then by my understanding any unit of Witches or Executioners that include a Death Hag couldn't use her Leadership when making their Stubborn Break Tests.
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

The SkaerKrow wrote:Are the Assassin and Death Hag Khainites? Having the ability to throw a Stubborn 9 (or is it 10) Assassin into the path of Fast Cavalry threatening my Cauldron of Blood would be rather hilarious. Also, if the Death Hag isn't Stubborn then by my understanding any unit of Witches or Executioners that include a Death Hag couldn't use her Leadership when making their Stubborn Break Tests.

They would have to be Khainite's to be able to join a Kainite unit.
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

They are definitely Khainites, so it is absolutely possible to place an assassin with about 4-6 attacks, Manbane and ASF in front of said Fast Cavalry. There is of course the point that the stubborness would not be needed for the simple reason that nothing but the assassin would be left after the dust settles... :twisted:
If Highelves are a pain in the butt, you are facing the wrong way!
Dralek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dralek »

is it just me or does malekith still suck i mean yeah they have now made so you can't kill him with a magic missile but you get him in combat with someone with a magic weapon and he is as good as dead(4+ armour save is crap). i was really hoping they would make him as powerful as he deserves to be it seems to me that they haven't put much effort into to redoing his character
cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Dralek wrote:is it just me or does malekith still suck i mean yeah they have now made so you can't kill him with a magic missile but you get him in combat with someone with a magic weapon and he is as good as dead(4+ armour save is crap). i was really hoping they would make him as powerful as he deserves to be it seems to me that they haven't put much effort into to redoing his character

4+ Armour Save, and if that fails, 2+ Ward Save. 2+ Ward Save. The best possible save in the game.
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

Javert wrote:
Dralek wrote:is it just me or does malekith still suck i mean yeah they have now made so you can't kill him with a magic missile but you get him in combat with someone with a magic weapon and he is as good as dead(4+ armour save is crap). i was really hoping they would make him as powerful as he deserves to be it seems to me that they haven't put much effort into to redoing his character

4+ Armour Save, and if that fails, 2+ Ward Save. 2+ Ward Save. The best possible save in the game.

Malekith doesn't get his ward against magical weapons, hence people's complaints.

Hopefully, though, he gets the charge (Malekith belongs on a dragon anyway, I think--why settle for anything less?), enabling him to use Destroyer to smash up the enemy's magic weapon first thing. One would hope, anyway.

I don't know--he seems much better to me than he used to be. Still ridiculously expensive, though.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

His 2+ Ward against mundane attacks only seems like a lackluster defense until you factor in the Destroyer. Really, the only things that can threaten him are magical Dwarven warmachines, Daemons/Treefolk and High Elf characters.
To the dark house, dwelling of Irkalla's god,
To the house which those who enter cannot leave,
On the road where travelling is one way only,
To the house where those who enter are deprived of light
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

Seems your forgettting the spelleater shield, mr 2, and if a spell targeting him is dispelled with the use of his MR (so no scrolling) the mage targeting him will receive a str 6 hit for every PD used to cast at malekith... The biggest problem (if you ask me) is dwarf runed warmachines. He's mobile enough to get away from daemon units he doesn't want to fight, and can easily take on a unit of say dryads, especially with his dragon.
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

Dark Alliance wrote:Ring of Hotek - Any spell cast from within 12" of the bearer, or at a point within 12" of the bearer will automatically miscast on the roll of any double.

I think that takes the crown as the #1 defensive magic item in the game.

I wonder, is there any invospam protection available to DE?

I think many magic light armies will take a caddy, the ring and the seal of ghond and shut down the worst of most magic phases. RoH even protects against movement spells (aside from long-range unseen lurker).
Rippermcguirl
Corsair

Post by Rippermcguirl »

So it is safe to assume that the magic items from the CoP list are gone, as well as the Albion ones?
I'm going to miss the soul shadows banner for when my CoKs fail their stupidity check and get charged. Also going to miss my Draich of Dark Power....oh well, time to come up with new combos!
*sprinkles assassins liberally to make up for lost magic items*
The best revenge for misfortune is success.
7th Ed. Druchii W-L-T-: 5-0-0
6th Ed. Druchii W-L-T: 10-2-1
Rkhatzar
Assassin

Post by Rkhatzar »

What's about Tollaris stats/equipment/pts, and dispell scroll/war banner wich are ommited. Does he have Black Amulet, EXE axe still?
In 4 ed. Only he and wich king ware S5, and as I remember also White Lion leader does... What about his "eternal kb";)?
”Fear in hearts, Fear in eyes, Fear is all before they die."
Elfik
Assassin
Location: Victoria, BC, on the Western shores of the New World

Post by Elfik »

So do CoCs as mounts count as special or not?
People say "insert problem" but it's better to say "insert improvement"