The new book summary, as reported by Milney

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

brentrb wrote:Yet patently worse than how it used to work... Good luck wounding that tooled up dwarf lord, whose items you need to destroy before you can start wounding him.

Ehhhh....Malekith has a dragon. What's he ever doing getting stuck in a stubborn unit with a M3 dwarf lord for? That's the kind of thinking that constantly sees druchii invasions repulsed.
Lord kalhadron
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord kalhadron »

"<< Reverse Ward Save >> (35pts) Gives the wearer a ward save. When wounded roll a dice - if the dice roll is under the strength of the attack the wound is negated. A 6 always fails."

Is it just me or is this way to good at 35p? :shock:
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

decker_cky wrote:
brentrb wrote:Yet patently worse than how it used to work... Good luck wounding that tooled up dwarf lord, whose items you need to destroy before you can start wounding him.

Ehhhh....Malekith has a dragon. What's he ever doing getting stuck in a stubborn unit with a M3 dwarf lord for? That's the kind of thinking that constantly sees druchii invasions repulsed.

Of course charging into that unit is a bad idea. But it was just an example meant to be taken without any kind of larger context, there's plenty of other bad combos that present the same problem, and much more likely to arise in a context that can't be so easily avoided as a Dwarf Lord. Vampire Lord with 1+/5+/4+; High Elf with 2+ w/ re-roll/4+; Herald of Khorne with 0+/5+; etc...

Except a Herald of Khorne doesn't have any magic items to destroy anyways... Come to think of it, that's really sad. A Herald of Khorne would destroy Malekith for about 1/3 the cost.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The new book summary, as reported by Milney

Post by Calisson »

Just updated again.
This time, from the French website, whose translation of the present thread was being updated while I was typing ;) .

Could anyone with the book double-check for confirmation and for translation mistakes, as I translated from someone who translated himself and I am not sure of the proper English words or acronyms.

Please reply by sending an e-mail.

Calisson wrote:
Calisson wrote:For further comments, please keep on filling in the Rumor Discussion Thread, not this one.

Please guys, if you want to discuss, do it on the appropriate thread.

If you have more information to bring to this thread, you're more than welcome to do so, but just solid info, not comments nor speculations about future tactics nor nice combo nor whatever.

Thanks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

Great job Calisson!

I don't know if getting the book at this point!
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

A few questions regarding the magic:

Chillwind and Doombolt are magic missiles, so they're easy. But which spells require line of site?

Can Soul Stealer be cast into combat? If so, that's amazing.
Faulkynn grom
Corsair

Post by Faulkynn grom »

yes.
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

I read that both the Hydra and Executioners had 'Eternal Hatred', is this a typo because I haven't heard that rumour before.
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

Eternal hatred is only against High elves. I think Eternal Hatred might be the armywide rule that they have hatred, and that they can reroll hits in later rounds against high elves.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

'Eternal Hatred' is the army wide rule's name.
The rule states all Dark Elves in the army have 'Hatred' and against High Elves they may continue to reroll their to hit in later rounds of combat.

Black Guards to not have Eternal Hatred but "Elite Warrior" which is the benefits of Hatred in every round of combt without having to pursue/overrun without a choice.

If I understood everything right anyway.
Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Post by Brentrb »

Mount options for characters are on the expensive side. 30 points to give my character stupidity... yes please?
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

I know Silver, but in the info on the Exec's and on the Hydra (in this topic) is specificly said that they had "eternal hatred", while it didn't for other units.
Animatronicdemonskwerral
Beastmaster

Post by Animatronicdemonskwerral »

Very nice compilation. I was hoping someone would get around to doing this. Thanks a ton!
THR/////////\\\\\\\\\\ZZZZZZZHHHHHHH TILLL D////\\\\////\\\THHHHHHHH
Faulkynn grom
Corsair

Post by Faulkynn grom »

SilverHeimdall wrote:'Eternal Hatred' is the army wide rule's name.
The rule states all Dark Elves in the army have 'Hatred' and against High Elves they may continue to reroll their to hit in later rounds of combat.

Black Guards to not have Eternal Hatred but "Elite Warrior" which is the benefits of Hatred in every round of combt without having to pursue/overrun without a choice.

If I understood everything right anyway.

Actually, BG do have Eternal Hatred, however they also have ItP, which would cancel the effects of EH, and Elite Warrior, which gives them the bonuses of EH (in every round of CC) without the need to pursue. BG and Harpies are the only units that won't have to do this in the new book. I thought it strange that BG have EH, but their other rules make up for it.

FG
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Faulkynn - What do you mean 'they also have ItP'? that changes absolutely nothing as Immune to Psychology does not affect Hatred in any way.
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

I wouldn't be worried about sending Malekith against most HE Lords, as I have yet to see one that doesn't use a mundane great weapon (Starlance Lords not included, and the occassional White Sword guy). Reaver bow will be an ouchie though.

Dwarf Lords... well can you think of much of anything that can crack a tooled out Dwarf Lord? I would avoid them like the plague unless I was Tyrion (and had 1+/4+/4+). The problem is not the Destroyer, which actually got better, it's that hand of Khaine is gone and with it Malekiths ability to ignore armour saves and hit at S6 (though S5 is OK, not great but OK)
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

Actually, BG do have Eternal Hatred, however they also have ItP, which would cancel the effects of EH

Actually, they have EH and will always pursue.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Is that so?

I thought they get this special BG skill, which allows them to reroll all their attacks without the must-pursue part...

Bye
Thanee
Murmandamus
Noble

Post by Murmandamus »

A question: Whas about Sdc for 25pts that halves enemy strenght. Does this work against model or just bearer? Can be it used to lower canonball str to prevent crushing chariot?
Zeth wrote:sorc on a highborn is not a good unit option
Decker_cky
Black Guard

Post by Decker_cky »

Thanee wrote:Is that so?

I thought they get this special BG skill, which allows them to reroll all their attacks without the must-pursue part...

Bye
Thanee

They DO have a special BG skill that allows them to reroll all their attacks without the must-pursue part. It's just that unfortunately, they ALSO have eternal hatred, which gives them no benefit, and means they must pursue.
Masterofdarkness

Post by Masterofdarkness »

Yea but remember his weapon destroys armor and magic items, so one strike and that dwarf has no armor save.
Always look for the knife from the shadows.

Wait a minute, how do you hide a +2 flaming longsword in the shadows?
Alux
Corsair

Post by Alux »

Thanks for this Calisson. 'someone with the book' at 64 pages was doing my head in
Only 2 months to the new footie season
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

They DO have a special BG skill that allows them to reroll all their attacks without the must-pursue part. It's just that unfortunately, they ALSO have eternal hatred, which gives them no benefit, and means they must pursue.

Wow...what a totally worthless ability if that's true. :roll:
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

decker_cky wrote:
Thanee wrote:Is that so?

Bye
Thanee

Does anyone have common sense here? :P They would not have two abilities that do exactly the same, except one is negative.

I remember hearing that there were two units in the Dark Elf Army that didn't have Eternal Hatred, 1 was Black Guard, and seeing as I can't remember I'm going to guess and say the other was Harpies (War Hydra does not have it either, but I would think that's obvious). In the same thing I read where it said that Black Guard and Harpies? do not have Eternal Hatred, it said Black Guard had some Special Rule called Elite Warrior or some such - I'm not sure whether it said it let them re-roll attacks, but I imagine it did.
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Bernh
Warrior

Post by Bernh »

I remember hearing that there were two units in the Dark Elf Army that didn't have Eternal Hatred, 1 was Black Guard, and seeing as I can't remember I'm going to guess and say the other was Harpies (War Hydra does not have it either, but I would think that's obvious). In the same thing I read where it said that Black Guard and Harpies? do not have Eternal Hatred, it said Black Guard had some Special Rule called Elite Warrior or some such - I'm not sure whether it said it let them re-roll attacks, but I imagine it did.

Only unit that havn't Eternal Hatred is a harpies. BG and War Hydra do have. BG first Druchii and only second Elite Warriors.