Black Guard, Hatred, and ItP

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Whobetta
Black Guard

Black Guard, Hatred, and ItP

Post by Whobetta »

Hey all, I was hoping to get a little clarity on this subject...

me and my bud have been playing for a while, he has HE and I have DE. he recently put the Banner of Balance on his Swordmasters, and told me that it cancelled out my Hatred...

This is confusing now that in the new rules we have Black Guard with Immune to Psych and elite warrior/eternal hatred etc...

so I am confused how this works. They obviously don't cancel out their hatred of the enemy by being immune to psych right?

or is it because it is called Elite warrior or something like that it is not "hatred" and therefor works fine...

but in general banner of balance would cancel out any of my units hatred on my friends unit???

Thanks and sorry if it makes little sense!
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

ItP doesnt affect hatred, read page 53 again.

And yes the Banner removes the hatred as is clearly says it removes frenzy and hatred. Not because it makes you ItP but it clearly says that in addition it removes frenzy and hatred.

Both questions could very easily been answered by yourself by just reading the rules. I suggest you try and do that before asking ok?
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

ok, thanks. sorrry don't have it infront of me.

one thing though. if BG or DE army get "elite warrior" does that mean the banner would not negate that?

or does it still count as hatred. kind of a symantics question but just wondering if that is one reason why they changed the wording of the ability....
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

In addition to reading the existing rules you will likely benefit, like the rest of us, from reading the new armybook when it arrives. !wink! Then we can busy ourselves with the inevitable discussions about the wording of the rules juxtaposed with other rules both in the BRB and various army books.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

although of little help, it made me chuckle.

thanks!
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

This folder isnt about speculation about rules that might be, only the rules that is.