High shoot and magic list 2000

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kalgalath
Slave on the Altar

High shoot and magic list 2000

Post by Kalgalath »

High Sorceress 350 Pts
General
Level 4
Black Staff
Pendant of Khaeleth

19 Black Guard 365 Pts
Musician
Kouran
Standard of Hag Graef

Sorceress 185 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Dispel Scroll
Sacrificial Dagger

19 Dark Elf Warriors 299 Pts
Full command and shield
Assassin
Extra Hand Weapon
Rending Stars
Rune of Khaine

Sorceress 210 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Dark Pegasus
Focus familiar

5 Dark Riders RXB 110 Pts

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen 100 Pts

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower 100 Pts

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower 100 Pts

1 War Hydra 175 Pts

Total Points: 1994

i would appreciate tips and comments, basically the idea is having a high magic power with the 3 mages i would put the sacrificial dagger one on warriors then lvl 4 on the black guard, boosted with a good ranged damage but still having some defense with 2 big infantry blocks, the warrior one with the assassin may trick many ones, and the black guard is a real pain to cut infantry and i still have some flanking abilities with the hydra and the fast cavalry, the thing i miss would be a couple of harpies to take care of some war machines but the cavalry could help on that but that would make me miss one flanking unit, well what do u think guys? could that list be competitive? thx for your help
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

That Sorceress is the exact same setup I'd use!

As for the rest I like it. A little smaller than I'd like but you have the added bonus of magic!
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

nice list, you just got to make sure that your not facing anything fast.
otherwise it'll be very hard for you, however the black guard should be thier till the end, in both my games they have been brilliant, beatin wardancers, dryads, and wild riders in the same round of combat. and also beating up ogres
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Post by Godless-mimicry »

The Dagger would be better off on your Lvl4
-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Kalgalath
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kalgalath »

thx for the advices, the thing is that i want the lvl4 sorc to be protected into the black guard to avoid any kind of checks till they get into cc, and im i dont want to sacrifice a black guard for a dice :S besides i think the lvl 4 sorc will get enough dices with 2x chances on POD, and my lvl 2 will need the dices more :P but again thx for the advice, and yes a fast army will be a pain but i hope to get dished out of the most in magic and shoots, and finish them with my infantery flanked with the hydra, agg i want to test it xD