pegasus question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

pegasus question

Post by Kinslayer »

Hi there, im sorry if this is answered in the rulebook but to the best of my knowledge i dont think theres a rule against it, and im unable to get home and get my rulebook for a few weeks.

Can a sorceress or master on a pegasus join a unit of dark riders?
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

yeah
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

No.

Characters mounted on flying mounts can NEVER join other units (not even flying regiments).

Maybe Bret Pegasus Knights are an exception, I'm not sure about that, but in general it is not possible.

Bye
Thanee
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

erm, i trust Thanee on this one but can someone confirm since you have both answered differently?
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

Thanee is right
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I'm 100% sure about this.

When I'm home, I will give you a page number, I think it's in the character section. There's a whole extra paragraph devoted to this topic.

Bye
Thanee
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

BRB p.72.
A character on a flying mount can not join any unit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

ok thanks for the help guys, thanks Thanee
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

These type things are basic WFB rules. When you get a chance you owe it to yourself to spend some time with the rulebook. It will help you hone armylist building and game strategy skills. It is essential to have a good working knowledge of the rules to play this game well.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i do have a good knowlege of the rules, i can answer most peoples questions myself this is just once thing i was unsure about, and like i clearly said i dont have access to my rulebook at the moment seeing as im at my girlfriends for 3 weeks and forgot to bring it. I tend to reread rules and stuff at every oppertunity i get to make sure i learn the game off by heart, i also learn the rules through teaching my brother to play.

Everyone has a question once in a while
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Not trying to be harsh it just is pretty clear you do not seem to have a good working knowledge of some key rules given this thread and the recent question about Caledor's Bane + Potion of strength you posed.

There is also the fact that you have posted a lot of rules questions threads and a lot of these rules questions threads start off with something like "i don't have the rule book in front of me, etc... or I don't know if this is covered in the rulebook"

It leads me to believe you would benefit from some time really learning the rules. Everyone misses a rule now and then or fails to recall one correctly. All I am suggesting to you is that you will rapidly advance as a player if you are thoroughly familiar with the basic rules. Like which characters can join units and what is the effect of the To Hit and To Wound chart. Playing games helps you learn the rules but only if you play them properly. No insult offered or intended.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Ok enough bickering!!!! Take it to PM if you must but dont clutter up the board.