2000 points, speed and magic

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Notts
Cold One Knight

2000 points, speed and magic

Post by Notts »

Supreme Sorceress, level 4, PoK, Black Staff, Pegasus: 400

Master, BSB, Cold One, HA, SDC, Shield, Lance, Hydra Banner 214

Sorceress, level 2, Steed, DS cloak, dispell scroll 197

5 DR, RXB, Muso, 117
5 DR, RXB, Muso, 117
5 DR, RXB, Muso, 117

5 CoK, Full command 175
5 CoK, Full command, standard of slaughter 210

6 Shades, GW, 108
(assassin, AHW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black lotus) 171

Hydra, 175

2001 points.

I really want to fit some harpies in, but don't know how without say, dropping the assassin.
Cervix
Cold One Knight

Post by Cervix »

Maybe take rending stars for your assasin shooting 12'' in shade group is nice..
Western elf
Corsair

Post by Western elf »

I don't like the hugely expensive battle standard in the small cold one unit. It's just too many points in something that's comparatively vulnerable. I don't think black lotus is twenty points better than basic poison either, even if it does give you more of a chance of getting a killing blow.

You could drop the hydra banner and the black lotus, give the other cold one unit a warbanner, and buy a unit of harpies.
your western homes are locked forever
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

This appears to be a fairly solid fast list. Be aware that its inherent weakness will be it low model count and the fact that your general will be away from the army most of the time. Positioning your sorcerii will be of utmost importance.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

I know the Hydra banner is expensive, but it makes the CoK absolute killing machines.
I've never had a unit I can charge into something and just wipe the floor with them before.
In the last few lists I've been writing I was just using a plain BSB, but Hydra banner seems so destructive!

and yes, Black Lotus is just in for more goes at rolling a KB. str 4 doesn't cut it. Although I suppose the actual posion rules make KB less likely, which is kind of annoying.
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

what about using the CoB instead of the Htdra banner?
I can use it for the +1 A when the CoK charge, but can also put it onto other units to make them more useful. DR with a CoB blessing rear charging an infantry unit will probsably break them!
Western elf
Corsair

Post by Western elf »

You could use the cauldron, though it's basically going to be sitting around on its own if you do. Plus you'd have to make your own model, because the actual one looks like an evil toilet surrounded by ugly freaks.

I like the ability to drop a blessing on any unit though, and the cauldron is fairly hard to get rid of for the enemy.

I can see what you mean with the banner, but I'd hate to spend that many points on such a small unit. Lose that, and you probably lose the game (especially with two banners to capture). I like to spread things out a bit more.
your western homes are locked forever
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

yeh, I suppose the cauldron does not fit this list AT ALL.
When i go a bit more infantry orientated I guess I will use one.