Different BSB Builds! Which one i superior!??

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Fr0
Trademaster

Re: Different BSB Builds! Which one i superior!??

Post by Fr0 »

S5 eats etherals, and I've seen him now hold/wound Bloodthirsters and all kinds of nasty.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Kargan DaemonClaw wrote:How does a BSB build go against a treeman ancient with annoyance?

If you charge, the BSB has to survive the terror test. Then survive the strangleroot S&S

Assuming both sides do no wounds does the BSB CR cancel out the outnumbering of the Treeman or monster?

Against any monster you better not ever get wounded or it's all over and you are down to needing double 1s to stand.

Standard Treeman Tactica -

1. Shoot the crap out of it until it has taken a couple of wounds
2. If the WE player doesn't hide it at that stage, bring out the BSB to threaten him further
3. Shoot a little more
4. Charge!! :twisted:

Seriously though, if you wanna talk Treemen start a new thread. Could be a good discussion there.
Farodin
Assassin

Post by Farodin »

I think the first BSB build is the best, I like mine to kill a few enemies and be hard to kill. For the treeman, as I'm a WE player I know what I fear with my big guy: RBT's!! So, shoot him with RBT's, and then try and charge him with a big unit with good CR and the BSB (first build), then do a challenge. You might only hit on 6's, but you wound on 3+ and he has only a 5+AS and no ward due magical attacks. And why do you need the unit I hear you ask, well, that's for when you you roll a 6 for the pendant ward :P . And, well I have seen my treeman ancient run from combat and he was even inm range of a BSB (I rolled 11 and then 12 :? ) so you might get lucky and see a big tree running for his life.
We are Druchii, the cold-hearted blades of destiny.
We shall cut through the world and bring forth Khaine's Kingdom...
...and all shall know their masters
Haf
Dark Rider

Post by Haf »

Dark Alliance wrote:How on earth do you get him in combat with a dragon? Surely your opponents are not daft enough to charge a ranked spear unit?

He will benot able to charge dragon even if mounted on dark steed. But if he would like to try charge me with dragon and something else, like chariot/hydra or another infantry from the front, or by any nasty orc general with a lot of attacks, than my bsb will issue a challenge.
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Post by Enfant terrible »

Kargan DaemonClaw wrote:Assuming both sides do no wounds does the BSB CR cancel out the outnumbering of the Treeman or monster?

Yes!

You don't HAVE to charge anything!! You just have the option of surviving almost anything!
"... Why so serious? ..."
Cervix
Cold One Knight

Post by Cervix »

What i don't get is that when you fail 1 save with the pendant (which is at least 1 out of 6) you lose autobreak from combat due to fear/terror and the BSB goes ''poooof''.

Getting lucky is not my strongest point so :P...
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

I played a treeman and a 1st turn Spirit of the forge and 3 wounds later i was a little more relaxed. The pendant BSB went chasing dryads. It is a risk but a treema will not get enough wounds unless you roll badly and if you do a cheeky wound you are fine.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Scipio
Highborn

Post by Scipio »

My fav BSB build is

Noble - BSB, mundane armor, x2 rhxbs, great weapon, Standard of Hag Graef.

I run him in a unit of 20 corsairs with full command and banner of murder 7 wide formation and have produced some fun results. Few opponents expect weathering 36 rhxb bolts in one round (The turn I stroll up to them and shoot then they charge and I shoot again...then get to attack first and have 5 static combat res)
Anyone else find it kinda interesting that DE will not use gun powder because its unreliable but seem to have no problem using cold ones?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

What I've been using lately is the Hag BSB with ASF Banner, Manbane and Rune of Khaine, inside an Executioner unit. I know the unit is quite fragile against shooting, but hits harder than most other things in the army. Through in the AP banner on the execs, and you're looking at -4 to armor. As for the BSB, she doesn't take a lot of hits, but can usually kill everything in contact with her large amount of attacks (anywhere from 6-8).
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

What I've been using lately is the Hag BSB with ASF Banner, Manbane and Rune of Khaine, inside an Executioner unit. I know the unit is quite fragile against shooting, but hits harder than most other things in the army. Through in the AP banner on the execs, and you're looking at -4 to armor. As for the BSB, she doesn't take a lot of hits, but can usually kill everything in contact with her large amount of attacks (anywhere from 6-

Quoted for total. An hag with this set up is really strong and can be easily moved from one unit to another. Sure it isn't so tough, but with the potential high strenght, multiple attacks and maybe a cauldron in the back she works wonderfully.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

Personally, I feel the pendant/sword of might BSB is one of the best all around builds. On the dark steed with full mundane armor, he has a great save against low strength attacks and the pendant takes care of the high strength things. The sword gives him some hitting power. This is useful for all kinds of situations. I love using this guy.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Jayboss
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jayboss »

I also like the sword of might option in conjunction with the pendant best. Seems that for a GT list the value of sword of might being a magical weapon in addition to the extra 1as from using it with the shield, wins out over soulrender's being magical and AP. And the lance combo, whilst having a better save, does not provide a magical weapon, which can be oh so handy, and has a pretty bad str past the first round, which doesn't seem to fit, given that the idea of him is to tarpit for multiple rounds. Though, of course, his AS is actually better which helps the tarpit...

I think that against the majority of the lists you really would end up preferring the lance and will prolly use the pendant toting BSB to actually kill stuff, but you know as soon as the ethereals come up that you'll wish you had taken the sword. Of course this will depend on your list, but if you are low/no magic like me, that pretty much leaves a few characters only. Thus, for an allcomers list, I would invariably take the sword.

If I knew my opponents beforehand (ie it wasn't a GT list, and my doomed foe doesn't have anything i am likely to need a magic weapon for), I think i would pretty much always be tempted to take the lance and enchanted shield combo, as I think the true purpose of this toon is to survive, and the extra 1as certainly helps achieve that. Meanwhile, the lance is damned nice for those charges.

Still, from me, at least at this stage, this is all theoryhammer, but I'm really looking forward to trying that badboy out.