Chaos dreadnought equipping??

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Asgoth
Corsair

Chaos dreadnought equipping??

Post by Asgoth »

Aye mates!!

I´ve been playing fantasy battle for over 13 years for a now and now starting to play with Chaos in 40k.

My question is about dreadnoughts.

Im going to include two of them and im wondering how to equip them...
i quess i dont have too much weapons to deal with very heavy stuff???

Also if i only have one in smaller game, how should i equip it then??

Just ot let you know basic idea is to advance very quickly with rhino with berzerkers in it and then when near to assault and deep strike terminators in to take down tanks and such.

So my list includes

HQ:

Daemon prince/terminator sorcerer

troop:
9 thousand sons
rhino

10 berzerkers
rhino

elite:
5 teminator chmpions wif chainfists

dreadnouhgt

dreadnought

fast:

6 raptors

All help much appreciated

peace
-anoppi
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

You just have to remember that Chaos Dreadys can fire at your own men, which sucks especially when you have some armour ignoring stuff like plasma cannons or lascannons. Idealy, 2 CC weapons are good, as are a twin autocannon.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

If you REALLY want to include Dreadnaughts, give them two CC weapons as Demetrius suggested. But I wouldn't bother with them at all, they're quite underpowered and the models leave a lot to be desired (but there are rumours of a second wave with, among other releases, new Dreadnaughts).
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Asgoth
Corsair

Post by Asgoth »

Dreadnoughts and thousand sons are the reason i started with 40K so no problem if they aint the best there is for points.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/thousandsons.htm
forgeworld has put out an amazing thousandsons dreadie so im going to buy that first.

maby im going to try first with one dreadnought and wif CC weapons to not shoot my own units...

Or i´ll just move them really far away from my own units.... i have to playtest a lot.

Thanks for the help

peace
-anoppi
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

I recommend the CC units way. If not that, then the multimelta, if the Chaos Dreads have the option (don't recall, and I've lent my codex out). Your list's biggest weakness there is antitank.

Also: Chainfists are overkill. You are always attacking rear armor, so just plain old powerfist will do for everything but Land Raiders. Save yourself the points and take all P-fists and maybe one chainfist, if you expect to see a lot of LRs.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

if your going to have 2 dreads then i would equip 1 with plasma cannon and autocannon and the other with 2 CC weapons

but make sure you sit them at each edge of your army when its deployed caus i you accidentally roll a 1 or 6 then your stuffed but otherwise thay should wreak some havoc

have a good one
If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask someone else first.

Khel wrote: I mean come on. He had WS9 and they gave him a "Sword of Lame Anus Cheese"?

Mr Shadow wrote:In fact it's just like making love; down, left, turn 45 degrees and engage rotor