teminator squad equipment??

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Asgoth
Corsair

teminator squad equipment??

Post by Asgoth »

Im going to use squad of 5 terminators in my force.

Ive allready desided to use heavyflamer as heavyweapon and now im thinking about the CC weapons...

I have two of them allready equipped wif powerfist and one with chainfist.
Now the question is: is it overkill to take powerfists for the rest two of them or just stick with regular powerweapons??

In my force i dont have too much tankbusters so these fellows will have to deal with them. Original idea with them was to have powerfist on all of them..

Tell me how you do equip your terminators for specific tasks?

peace
-anoppi
Atherus shadowstorm
Trainee Warrior

Post by Atherus shadowstorm »

Im sure someone will correct me very quick if the new dex changed this, but you dont even have the option to do what you suggest (mix of pf and PW) they have semi-fixed weapons loadout(s)

Back to your actual question (im a Dark angels SM player btw, so some of these combos may not be legal with the SM dex).

CC
4x dual lightning claws , a heavy flamer with the same guy having a chainfist for any tanks you run into.

Shooting:
not much to say keep them with Pf/storm bolter, and add an assault cannon.

Anti-tank.
varies a little depending on how many tanks im likely to face.
For only a few tanks then just use the shooting squad with a few (2-3) chainfists added.
If its likely to be a lot of tanks (or im facing a nid list with a lot of carnifexs in it) go for thunder hammers/storm shield instead.

hope this helps.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

anoppi what codex are you using?

If it's the standard Space Marine one then your weapon loadout is decided for you apart from the heavy flamer.
If it's Dark Angels then Atherus has some good advice.
Blood Angels and Space Wolves are the same as standard marines. (although i'm not 100% sure about Space Wolves but I think they are the same)

Hope this helps.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Atherus Shadowstorm wrote:Im sure someone will correct me very quick if the new dex changed this, but you dont even have the option to do what you suggest (mix of pf and PW) they have semi-fixed weapons loadout(s)

My only thought is that these are Chaos Terminators. Which would make the power weapons legal.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++