2250 List for upcoming tournaments

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Yeurl_blackheart
Warrior

2250 List for upcoming tournaments

Post by Yeurl_blackheart »

Hey all its been a while been busy with real life & now its back with a bang with my shiny new Dark Elf book o the filth....

Anyhow heres the list I need to free up some points as I would like a 2nd unit of Harpies any pointers or nice combos will be gratefully recieved.

Highborn
Black Dragon
SDC
Lance
Shield
Life Taker
Armour of Servitude
Seal of Ghrond
A bit of a mixed bag but jack of all trades master of none.

Master
Heavy armour
Shield
Lance
Pair of Reapeter handbows?
Dark Peg
Cloak of Hag Graef
Rong of Hotek.
This dude is new to me as before it would have been a second Sorceress but willing to give hiim a run, will probably fly close to Dragon & hydra.

Sorceress
Lvl 2 ? dunno about this but as she can use all the dice it is cool & also gives her 3 spells.
2 X Dispel Scroll (Usual)
Steed
Runs with dark rider unit has been staple there for a long time good character.

Assassin
Rending Stars
Manbane Goes in a shade unit

Core
10 RXB

10 RXB

5 Dark Riders RXB Mus

5 Harpies

Special

Cold One Chariot

Cold One Chariot

5 Shades

5 Shades

RARE

2RBT

Hydra

This lot comes to 2225pts, so I have 25pts in the bag & need another 30pts
for my pretty Harpies. Where would you remove the points from the above list?
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's brides tonight.
Too cold
Executioner

Post by Too cold »

As far as making room for the Harpies goes I would take your master of the Dark Peg and put him on a steed as DR can keep close enough to flying creatures to use him in the manor you mentioned "with dragon" if the terrain allows of course. But you would have your 30points and get your harpies.

I can't personally make any coments about the rest of your list without more info but overall I think you are lacking bodies on the table. However thay could just be me so take it with a grain of salt.

My 2 cents...
Too Cold

Only Khaine can judge me!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

need another 30pts for my pretty Harpies. Where would you remove the points from the above list?
Lvl 2
=> A single magic-user is useless. Make her a lev 1. Enough for a scroll caddy.
Also, Steed => no use for just hiding in a wood.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Yeurl_blackheart
Warrior

Post by Yeurl_blackheart »

Thanks for the input so far guys :)

I like the idea of the Dark Peg as it will be able to keep pace with the Dragon Lord & hunt a few easier targets like lone Characters those Handbows could be funny or War machines fast cav etc. with Harpie units around him to offer protection from shooting & to help out against the rest of the above also.

I know what you are saying about the Lvl 2 on the Sorceress & the Steed is pure mobility to make her hard to catch & get that random late spells late on in the game like turn 5/6 when I have dealt with enemy mages.

Does anybody else think she could work being the only caster in the army using 4 dice or 3 dice & a low level spell or Power of Darkness you know what I mean.

The list is being evasive with a solid centre of shooting in the shape of 2 10 RXB & 2 RBT should make short work of anything coming down the throat of the table with the rest of the army being shock troops 2 chariots always work close together "as good as a 2nd Hydra", two shade units up to the usual harassment & the Assassin to take out some key targets like enemy Characters/monsters & chariots of course.
Then theres the high impact units in Dragon Lord & Hydra, to do with what I will & see fit the Life Taker is always worth a giggle when a stray character gets it for being deployed somewhere stupid.
Also the Hunters in the Master & Harpies at worst the Harpies go & take a table quarter.

Any more input would be ace guys

I am coming round to the idea of losing the Lvl 2 but not sure just yet....
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's brides tonight.