Your first post on d.net

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Your first post on d.net

Post by Gnosis »

i'll go with slaanesh, i somehow like the idea of having daemonic gifts for my highborn. i've been painting some things, a highborn on foot (new slaanesh champion on foot with eldar guardian helmless head) and two squads of rxb men. anyhoo, i'll be painting them with 5 pots of paint and varnish (pure black-white style). while this may not be very slaanesh-like, i'm purely doing this for practising. expect some pictures soon.

by the way, yes i'm new, hi people :)

29 december 2003. Those were the days. What was I rambling about, and why didn't I use capitals? Only God and Kitrik know.

Come on, whip out your first posts and let's get nostalgic!
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

I've made a very destructive defensive druchii army, if the city guard list and DOW units are allowed. Here it comes:

Highborn, Hva SDC Sh, riding a COC (spears) with the Gauntlet of Power, and the Crown of black iron

5 CoK Ch, Std, Banner of Murder

2 x 10 City Guard, 10 x-bows, shields

6 BTW's

Another COC, spears

Small Cannon

4 x Golfag's Ogres

Tactic: Shoot everything that comes to close, or attack it with the ogres or 2 chariots

Seems like I totally liked being a person who wrote competative yet not so friendly lists at that time. Dunno if a lot has changed over time, though... :P
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The last time I brought up my history on d.net the thread turned into an axe-grinding session ;).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

You are kinda a controversial figure though Rork - no offence. :D
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Myself wrote:the more points the better :). I love huge battles but I mostly play 2k ones... and above 6k it's hard to count battle result :P

Not much there to be said, I still love big games ;) And still don't have many opportunities to play them <.<
I also still overuse smileys :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I wrote:Nah, I'm petty okay with assasins, the're alright for the most part. If all of 'em had Shadowblade's deployment rules it would be sweet but over-powered.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Arnold Layne wrote:So. Here is an idea for an AWR tha tmight be workable. I think it reflects our centuries (millenia if we're lucky) of training. I also think it encourages lots of clever manoeuvring. It can pay off well for those who get it right. It also has a way of backfiring on those who make a pear shaped poop of it.

so here it is ...

FREE REFORM FOR ALL DARK ELF UNITS NO MATTER WHAT, WHERE, HOW, WHY OR WHICHSOEVER.

This might even include reforming in the enemy's movement phase, except if charged from less than half range. Oh, the Possibility! Just think of the sneakiness, the refusing to cooperate, the doing whatever the hell you like and getting away with it! Khaine would be pleased. And so, too, would Slaanesh.

O, the noobity.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Tarbo wrote:Can I apply for the job of dummy? Or anything else that seems appropriate?

04 Octobre 2005 --e-gad, it's been 4 years already?-- applying for a free space in D.net's very first SAU. I didn't play Warhammer anymore by then, and I still don't; it's the SAU that made me join the board and give it a spin.

It's the people that made me stay. ;)

And the promise of more SAU.

It's not an addiction. I can quit whenever I want. You'll see.
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

yes - i'm going to this one (Newbury yes?)

planning to take my beasts of chaos...

to spend the last few points, I'd add a few more ex's to finish up the points and prehaps the ToF onto the CO so ...

giving advice in my first post :)

thats probably not polite is it? :D
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Does anyone have the results from the shadows of albion campaign a while back. There were some new items the dark elves received but i did not get them written down. If someone could post them i would be grateful.
thanks

Not only did I ask a question that answered in the FAQ, I also managed to put it in the wrong forum, and it needed moved. It just goes to show that anyone can become an Admin :P .
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Yemeth
Shade

Post by Yemeth »

In a past not so distant ^^

This post is ment solely as a suggestion.
If you would like to revert to the sensible PreFAQian "era", you could use the house-rules of our group (being 4 DE, WoC, Demons and HE).
1) War machines and chariots are immune to poison.
2) Rending stars S6 max. Period.
3) Lifetaker's shots are magical
4) Assassin directly replaces a shade model - no changing in model's position. That's sneaky, yes, but stupid in direct proportion.
5) Bladewind is a 2D6 S4 hits 8+ regular magic missile. (for simplicity's sake)
6) For purposes of Hotek targeting=effecting minus battlefield-scale spells (Winds of undeath, Pandemonium etc.)

Furthermore I agree with everything in this thread, and to maintain a FAQesque spirit I agree withh ALL posts (i.e. when two posts contradict each other, I agree with both of them. And none.) in this thread.
Odi ergo sum - Druchii's illumination

DE noble is talking to a HE prisoner

DE: 'Do you know the difference between you and me?'

HE: 'Hmmmmmgh'

DE: 'That's right, I've still got my tounge.' - Anon
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

This is the earliest I could find.

Me wrote:I got my generals name from looking at the map in the army book

Zardock Doombringer= Pits of Zradock + Doom Glades

Rather uninteresting, but it is good to remember how I came up with my name all those years ago, I'd forgotten...
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

December 2005
Cathel wrote:Name: Walter

On and off with WHFB for some years now, trying to fight some (WH) battles with my wife (HE and Vermin, meaning Skaven)
My lack on painting speed is the biggest problem.

Introduction was my first post, though I had been lurking a bit before that.

Problem is still the same...
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

A long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away wrote:Very Good list almost the same as the one i would have. however as others have said the great weapn and enchanted shield would not be as effective as it could be, perhaps a lance would be better because if he is teamed with the Mounted Deamonettes he could see off any unit on the battlefield. Plus go for the Gauntlet of power + Enchanted shield + Quickening blood combo it works very well my Anionted took out Trion in close combat (or Perhaps the Dice won it for me.)

my spelling sucked
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

I Said.. wrote:hi all im new to this site and i just want to say.......OMG HOW COULD THEY CHANGE WARHAMMER IN THE SUMMER, I WAY JUST PLANNING TO BUY MY NEW ARMY WHEN I FINISH MY GCSE IM MAY Evil or Very Mad anyway i hope they dont change the warhammer world too much like Malekith dieng for example, i have a pretty neet 2000 point army list written up and i was planning to enter the tournament, god damn have to redo it now Sad

So much fail in one paragraph. Lol!
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Hey Zardock, just for the record this -

You wrote:about the whole making magic more supportive thing whats up with that arent some lores supposed to be aggressive eg Dark Magic
im not to bothered about the 5 rank thing but the fast cav thing will mess my army up good

- was your first post, one of 19 on your first day I note.... It's not hard to find out what one's first post was. Click on your name on the home page, or the profile button below one of your posts, at the top of the page you go to, is a "Find all Posts by Muggins' link, follow this, go to the last page, and the post at the bottom of the last page is your very first post.

So, now you all know and have no excuse.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I, on november the 15th, 2004, wrote:So , here I am, a newborn Dark Elf player.

However, before throwing myself out in a project, making armylist and so on, I would like to have a suggestion(read: complete army list) that would be good for a newcomer to Dark elf.

Please Help?

And guess what? I've still never bought a single dark elf mini.
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Deroth wrote:I think the blue colour on the Manticore looks pretty cool, will look good when it is finished 8)

Starting it all off with a compliment. How awsome am I :P
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It seems that for most of us, our first post reflects pretty much what will follow.
Or does it?
Because mine was locked within 9 minutes :oops:

Calisson Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 am Post subject: DE deserve slaves - proposal for a new unit
Linda Lobsta Defenda
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:31 am Post subject: Locked

It was a new thread, a 23 lines long post (I needed already lots of words at that time).

Excerpts:
Noobisson wrote:Hi. I'm a newcomer in druchii.net (and worse, not an English native speaker) so please forgive me if I seem too... er... too noob.

(...) with the perspective of a new edition of the DE rulebook, (...)

But what do you guys would think of it?
This was my first post in the first website in which I ever registered.
I was quite anxious when I wrote that post, trying to influence the design of the future AB (the existence of which I had just discovered in D.net a few days before).
I carefully used my best, double-checked English, developed the most interesting arguments I could think of, gentfully invited further discussion...
... and the reaction was not exactly what I hoped for. :?
Followed another try on the appropriate, already existing thread (result: in vain).

1432 posts later, I still write too long posts; my English has slightly improved; I still create what I cannot find; I still try to influence people; I still invite everyone's participation; I'm still puzzled sometimes by the reaction (or the lack of it).
And... the third thread I've started has been locked, by Linda again, although not that quickly! :lol: It took her 17 days, and this time, she unlocked it after other mods' intervention.

Lesson learned:
Pay attention to newbies' first post, it does reflect their future!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Lesson learned:

I'm still trying to block mine out of my mind. I like to think i've come a long way since that. :P
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Calisson wrote:Lesson learned:

If that were true, some might say I should have received at least one warning in my time :lol: .

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

@Layne: Sorry I missed that, ouch 17 in one day, I think I got a bit trigger happy on that one :D . What can I say I was young and innocent.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Can you mix crossbowmen and spearmen in warrior units ie XB in front with spearmen behind. This can be done in Warhammer Ancients and seems to work perfectly well.

This is mine. A redshirt had extolled the virtues of the formation but I was confused about not finding it in my brand new Army Book. Note me trying not to look like a total noob by mentioning Ancients. What a noob!
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Mine was in P&M:

I saw a great hydra conversion on the web where someone used the plastic body of the orc wyvern and attached hydra heads to it. It really looked awesome.

Unfortunately, I forgot where I saw it and can't find the pic anymore. If anyone out there could point the way, please let me know. I would like to do a similar conversion.

Never did the conversion by the way ...
Truly These are the End Times ...
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Report Post
I see it like this:

Anyone from the very highest ranks of Druchii society (highborn if you use the term from the Malus Darkblade books) doesn't necessarily have a surname as such, but they may have an honourific or nickname added to their name (such as Aenarion the Defender). I'd suggest that this is partly because their fame ensures that everyone knows who they are, and their infamy tends to supply the nicknames. This may be clarified with a title and the place they're from, such as Lord Kalis of Ghrond, or occasionally by whose son or daughter they are, perhaps.

Something like this:

"I am Kalis!"

"Forgive me Sire, but I don't quite ..."

"LORD Kalis!"

"Ah I see, Lord Kalis ... would that be ..."

"Lord Kalis of Ghrond, imbecile!" *smack*

And thus Kalis is also Lord Kalis of Ghrond to lessers, Kalis of Ghrond to equals, and he's also become known as Kalis the Short-Tempered.

The lower orders probably use family names, which work like Western surnames, the trouble with this being that no Druchii really thinks of themselves as belonging to the lower orders, merely one of the temporarily less preeminent.

Slaves I think have one name only, which is changed if the master or mistress doesn't like it.

So having only one name means either that the bearer is Really Important or conversely, not important enough to matter.

- Syjahel

Verbose CHECK
Overcomplicated CHECK
Clearly been thinking about this waaay too much CHECK

Yup start as you mean to go on :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~