D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary material

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

Thanks for the suggestions - they have been added.

As far as Vanilla CoK or CoW or however you want to depict CoK w/o CC... let me know what you decide and we'll pop it up and see what sticks, this is evolving...

Yemeth wrote:Just to point some things out:
The Guiding Eye has 3 abbreviations (tGE, EYE, GE), which is, IMO, more than is needed.
We've always used HvA as "heavy artillery" - but if it's correct I cannot say.
It's reaper and not repeater bolt throwers now.
Also I've seen (but not sure if they are used here) these:

BA - Blood Armour
Cwo - Unequipped CO knights without command group
        (Cold ones without)
MoP - Master on Pegasus
RoHC - Righ of Hotek champion
SoP - Sorceress on pegasus (SSoP for supreme sorceress)
TFC - Tzeentch's flying circus (screamer army)
WMD - A 100 points item (Weapon of mass destruction)
(Heard once on a tournament, went like this: A player was describing a 2250 battle against HE. He said something like: "He had a mage lord with some arcane WMD, 'twas a tough <an expression that describes a female canine>.")

should or shouldn't some of these be included is up to the mods' decision - of course - this post is meant nearly as an inert statement of possibilty.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary material

Post by Calisson »

tmr wrote:Latest Tournament News
You might wish to add a link to the
Army composition system
(courtesy from HaF: 2250 pts tournament army, ACS system)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

Done... thanks for the suggestion

Calisson wrote:
tmr wrote:Latest Tournament News
You might wish to add a link to the
Army composition system
(courtesy from HaF: 2250 pts tournament army, ACS system)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Have a look to: The unofficial Warhammer Encyclopedia - also in German and French.
Also, did you keep a link to The evolution of the Dark Elves army, of historical value?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

[quote="tmr"][color=violet][size=18]D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary material
Last edited by tmr on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

Lexicanum is actually spread all over the place - its a great site.
evolution - that is really cool so I used it to start the FAQ section. go to know where we've been...

thanks

Calisson wrote:Have a look to: The unofficial Warhammer Encyclopedia - also in German and French.
Also, did you keep a link to The evolution of the Dark Elves army, of historical value?
tmr
Executioner

8th Edition thread.

Post by tmr »

8th Edition thread.

I'd like to suggest that a new major thread be establish to start collecting thoughts FAQs, wishes, dreams on what a 8th edition would do for the Druchii. Maybe it could start with a couple of subtopics 1) how does the new 8th edition affect the current book baseline, 2) things that we would like to change, 3) actual rules re-writes/updates.

Some may think this is a bit premature but if we want to have an effect on what the new army book would look like we should start planning now – vs. react to a GW book with little or no long term thought on what is best for our army.

Please comment away.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Could be a good idea.
I'm not convinced that GW would be influenced directly by the many "wish lists" appearing in many websites,
however, GW designers may read some of these websites and be indirectly influenced.

What is certain is that if these threads are hidden in remote threads, they are less likely to be read again than if there is an easy way, in a thread collecting the best ideas and stickied somewhere.

EDIT: Done by Layne!
8th Ed : what would you like to see changed? in the idea forum.
Last edited by Calisson on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

I would go as far as making it its own major thread equal to General Gaming Discussion etc and call it 8th Edition Discussion the sub-threads being Discussion (people venting), Rules corrections or additions (people who propose real rule changes), new tactics understating how a DE army will be run in a 8th edition game", wish lists (a model for a character or bring back the Cult of Slannish or some of the older list, I for one would like to see the Manhides not be a GoW choice but in the book as a rare or special unit.

Anyway, You may be right that we can't directly affect the 8th edition but unless they have a coherent place to look we get nothing...

tom

Calisson wrote:Could be a good idea.
I'm not convinced that GW would be influenced directly by the many "wish lists" appearing in many websites,
however, GW designers may read some of these websites and be indirectly influenced.

What is certain is that if these threads are hidden in remote threads, they are less likely to be read again than if there is an easy way, in a thread collecting the best ideas and stickied somewhere.

In which forum should such thread be started?
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

Started the update... any links or subjects would be welcomed
tmr
Executioner

update 7/29/10

Post by tmr »

I've been update the comp section and trying to make it 8th edition friendly. I've decided to continue to keep some of the 7th edition material available.

I'm concentrating in infrastructure material items like Army builder updates, peoples who have created their own spreadsheets. You’ll see that I have made it clear they are not vetted so you still need to check and makes sure your list is valid. I’m also looking for other Army’s summaries along the lines of what Calisson did for us – nothing like knowing your enemy.

Again, you got a suggestion I’m all ears…