Possible Major Changes to the Site.

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Possible Major Changes to the Site.

Post by Loki »

Dear fellow members,
APRIL FOOLS!!!
This is a message that is being written in order to give you a heads up as to possible changes to the website here. We have been in talks with the company that runs our server and it seems that prices are on the increase. Because of this, there is a very good chance that we will soon have to charge for the usage of the site. We are still in talks with Maelstrom about the increase, but are unsure as to exactly how much can be covered. The likelihood is that a part of this increase will be passed on to the members here. The amount we are currently looking at is $5 (USD) per month. I would like to apologize for this, we have kept this site free for as long as possible, but it seems that we may no longer be able to do so.

On behalf of the Admin Team,
Loki

**APRIL FOOLS**

BTW I will not let the site turn into a pay site as described above.
- langmann
Last edited by Loki on Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

arg...... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... yeah. i'm a foo'
Last edited by Enkiel on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

I and my fellow dark elves would demand even a higher amount per month to be paid: souls of the innocent. We would support the site with sacrifices to Khaine who in his merciful slaughter would aid in destroying those who would "charge" these exorbitant sums.

May I suggest an initial offering of perhaps 5 victims per Lordling or other landed Druchii per blood moon, perferably in a manner designed to prolong the suffering of the sacrifice?

If possible, we could also charge admission to the slaughter and maybe make up some loose change in t-shirt sales, snacks and novelty items. I personally want the "I went to the Khaine Sacrifices and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt and my heart cut out by a screaming mostly nude witch" shirt.

Yours,
~B~
First lordling of the Aprillian expedition to capture continental Fools
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Is fish involved?
Oderint dum Metuant.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

How in the world could a paying website attract new visitors?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

That's a real shame Loki,

I'll be honest when I say I think you'll take a big hit from that: $5 a month is actually quite a large sum of money ($60 a year!), particularly considering many people playing warhammer are either at college or school.

Of course, you have to be able to keep the site running and that's not feasible if you end up making a loss. That said, the internet is filled with the carcasses of once free websites that decided to charge for their usage, and found their membership shrunk exponentially immediately thereafter.

It'd be nice if other options were well and truly exhausted before taking that path, as it could be quite a risky one.

Sorry to sound so negative :/
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

If my math is correct, Druchii.net has 15.190 registered users.
Even if only one half of the members would pay $ 5 per month; it's about $. 37.975 each month!
Am I right or am I fool?
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

I know that if I have to pay to go onto this site, I just won't go here at all. I think that many other people feel the same way. If the prices go up, it can't end well.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Church
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Church »

Hmm, according to how many guys believe that you should really do it. Could be worth the next vacation, maybe a journey round the world. ;)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Today is April Fools Day... Lol Loki ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Ming wrote:If my math is correct, Druchii.net has 15.190 registered users.
Even if only one half of the members would pay $ 5 per month; it's about $. 37.975 each month!
Am I right or am I fool?
Read again: it is $5 for the whole community of 15.190. That is less than half a cent per member per year.
The trouble will be to convince those who never post to pay anyway.
Possibly, after two or three warnings, to ban their URL?
Or to make a public list of them?

However, I'm not sure whether it is legal to pay less than a cent in some countries. Some people will be forced to register for more than 24 month at once. Still, that is a single cent.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Tu'shan
Noble

Post by Tu'shan »

Ooh, you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to catch Kinslayer out.... I hope this is the case any way :P
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Tu'Shan wrote:Ooh, you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to catch Kinslayer out.... I hope this is the case any way :P

I'm as sharp as Morathis' dagger! :lol:
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

i hope to get the april fools day thingie soon because there's only 2 minutes left of it :P......
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Graah, I actually fell for this, even knowing it was April Fools. XD
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Well, I'm getting up for work now. I might as well post it.

APRIL FOOLS!!!
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:evil:
... fooled ...

and when I realized it, it was too late, someone already posted behind me. :lol:
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Well played XD
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

I hear that next year the April Fool's Joke will be that GW released the New Dark Eldar sets.
LOL~
Sorry for that...
~B~
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

We have a year to plot Loki's downfall.

Loki, you are gonna fall down.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Leduwob
Warrior

Post by Leduwob »

I was like: "those bastards' !!! !frown!

So I have started with copy/paste Calisson posts about DE tactica, in order to have those articles in Word format :D :D :D :D :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

leduwob wrote:I was like: "those bastards' !!! !frown!

So I have started with copy/paste Calisson posts about DE tactica, in order to have those articles in Word format :D :D :D :D :D
Good idea.
Just in case of anything...
Archangel
Executioner

Post by Archangel »

Damn if only i had a picture of my jaw hanging down, to think i was pulled into that one, for that i offer you my house and wife good sir.
I sing the hymn of the conquered, who fall in the battle of life,
The hymn of the wounded, the beaten who died overwhelmed in the strife.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

If possible, we could also charge admission to the slaughter and maybe make up some loose change in t-shirt sales, snacks and novelty items. I personally want the "I went to the Khaine Sacrifices and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt and my heart cut out by a screaming mostly nude witch" shirt.

Can we still have the t-shirt?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I'm still getting emails about this.

For the last time:

I will never allow this site to become what Loki JOKED about in the post. It will always be free.

But hit donate from time to time eh?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."