D.R.A.I.C.H. 8thEd (Druchii Art of War)

Where the great threads of Druchii.net are kept

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gramash
Dark Rider

D.R.A.I.C.H. 8thEd (Druchii Art of War)

Post by Gramash »

The D.R.A.I.C.H. - Druchii Rules Analysis, Innovative Counselling & Help.
.......... “Draich means death execution and the elegance in doing it, as well as the name of the weapon used for that purpose”.

Note: If you have any suggestions, want to write an article, know another good post or already have something for the 8th edition please feel free to PM me (Gramash) or Calisson

Table of Contents .................. (the Art of War for 8th edition Druchii)
1. Table of Contents
2. Introduction, by Calisson
3. Druchii for the beginner
4. Units
5. Characters
6. Army List Creation
7. Playing the game, General Tactics
8. Starting the game
9. Psychology
10.Movement
11.Magic
12.Missiles
13.Melee
14.Knowing your enemy
15.Complementary material.
16.Writing your own D.R.A.I.C.H. article

The D.R.A.I.C.H. Best Of:
NEW technology: Back to basics tactics videos by tmarichards
D.R.A.I.C.H. 7th => 8th analysisby Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. Dark Elves units under 8th edition.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. The making of your army.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. What is needed in an army.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. R&F superheroes - Improve the massesby Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. Unit width - Scrap your old mov' trays?by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. The new Age of Mammoths.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th ed "Shade-Deathstars"by Furgil
D.R.A.I.C.H. Tips and tricks to use harpies effectivelyby Scyloc
D.R.A.I.C.H-Magic Items Summary - 8th Edition Updateby Malus99
D.R.A.I.C.H. 8th edition: Various Character Buildsby EbonyPhoenix
D.R.A.I.C.H. Poll for 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Mastersby EbonyPhoenix
D.R.A.I.C.H. Poll for 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Dreadlordsby EbonyPhoenix
D.R.A.I.C.H. Poll: 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Sorceressby EbonyPhoenix
D.R.A.I.C.H. Cauldron of Blood: BSB Buildsby Blaznak
D.R.A.I.C.H - Gaze of the Medusa: Morathi in the 8thby Cynath Ch'ill
D.R.A.I.C.H. Characters and FC placement inside a unit.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. Trains of Thoughtfive "rings" of very deep thoughts about tactics, by Ichiyo1821
D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th Ed. :: Casting Probabilitiesby Dyvim Tvar
D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th Ed Math-Hammer : Dice Probabilitiesby Furgil
D.R.A.I.C.H. Statistics on our elite troopsby Lord Tsunami
D.R.A.I.C.H. Treatise on Magic Loresby Dalamar
D.R.A.I.C.H. - Building the Uber list, Step 1: Magicby mkistler
D.R.A.I.C.H. Magic Heavy/optimized magic phases.by a18no
D.R.A.I.C.H. Pick up the spell you want.by Calisson
D.R.A.I.C.H. Small round template. how to achive the most hit'sby KillerK
D.R.A.I.C.H. How to handle 30 RXB and The Guiding Eyeby Lord Tsunami
D.R.A.I.C.H. - Taming the Horse Lords in 8th editionby Auere
D.R.A.I.C.H Stomping Ogres v8.0bby Enkiel
D.R.A.I.C.H. - Tomb Kingsby PjEOs
D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary materialby tmr
For 7th edition threads, go to page 2 of the old D.R.A.I.C.H. thread.
D.R.A.I.C.H. In defence of the Death Hag BSB led Executioner Horde by Red...
D.R.A.I.C.H. Dark rides can do it better !!!by KillerK

The D.R.A.I.C.H. links collection
In the posts further below, you'll find hyperlinks to many threads. However, most of these threads are not elaborate tactical developments.
They are rated, based on the quality of the writing:

*** Thread written with D.R.A.I.C.H. quality. Definitively part of the D.R.A.I.C.H.
***Excellent post, well written, with interesting comments. A great basis for a future D.R.A.I.C.H. full article which may replace it ultimately.
***Interesting ideas, well developed. Placed in the D.R.A.I.C.H. as long as nothing better supersedes it.

(Drawing by RipperMcGuirl)
Last edited by Gramash on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Introduction
A new edition of Warhammer is coming. A new edition of the D.R.A.I.C.H. is needed.
When I asked: Who wants to give a hand?, Gramash volunteered! So he will steer the D.R.A.I.C.H. with me.

Welcome to Gramash, the new D.R.A.I.C.H. Captain. :D

For those who wish to get a view into what was the Art of War back during the 7th edition, you can have a look into the Hall of Fame, where you'll find the
7th editions D.R.A.I.C.H. - Table of Contents (Druchii's Art of War)

Calisson.

What is a Living First Page Thread like this one?

The FIRST PAGE of the thread, easily accessible, CONTAINS ALL THE INFORMATION that needs to be read by most interested players.
It may be updated at irregular intervals, based on the comments or new information. See at the bottom of each post the last time when it was edited. At the end of the thread, anyone can post comments of less permanent value.

For a detailed presentation of the D.R.A.I.C.H., see: Presentation of the D.R.A.I.C.H.

There are basically three different kind of articles that make their way into the D.R.A.I.C.H.:

- basic posts with no intention to remain for posterity, but in which there is either a bright idea or a nice analysis. I include them into the D.R.A.I.C.H. temporarily, until some better written article takes into account the good idea. For example: Master of Arneim's Riding the Manticore: deep in the discussion

- elaborate texts covering in depth a specific aspect of the art of war. A good example is Zeth's 7th Edition Damage Charts..

- comprehensive threads encompassing a broad aspect of the game. Best example is Dyvim Tvar's Game-Winning Magic in 7th Edition Warhammer.

Who can participate?

You can participate! Talent does not require a high post record.
See: Writing your own D.R.A.I.C.H. article
Last edited by Calisson on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

For Dark Elf beginners

#####**D.R.A.I.C.H. What is needed in an army.This is a thread which could be useful for beginners
#####*druchi raiding force returning with slim pickingsWhich games to play with a starting army?
#####**Adapting to new rules.Reborn Druchii general?
#####*New to WHFBReview af all units

7th ed beginner's help is there:Druchii for the beginner... or ...For true beginners: Druchii for the Newbii <= hyperlinks
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. - The units
In this part are detailed each unit's Strengths and Weaknesses, how to tune-up and play it.

All units

A good article about the units in general............... ***D.R.A.I.C.H. Dark Elves units under 8th edition.
How to enhance your units.................................. ***D.R.A.I.C.H. R&F superheroes - Improve the masses
Not everyone agrees on what to take......................*"Must Have" Druchii units?
Which Core?.........................................................*What to do with those dammned core choices!?!
About movement trays for you units.................... ***D.R.A.I.C.H. Unit width - Scrap your old mov' trays?
Champ? No champ?..............................................*Which units would want champions and why...?
Champ? No champ?..............................................*When to use champions?
............................................................................*Good and bad Units in a 2500 list

7th ed.............................................................***The D.R.A.I.C.H. Boot Camp – best setup for every Druchii unit.
(a summary of all units)with links to other Boot Camp threads
(Resistance to shooting - Resistance to charges - Charging – prolonged fights - COB - banners - shooting - champions)

Mass units, cheap & slow
(Spears, Corsairs, Witch Elves)

.............................................................................*Of witches, corsairs and CoB.
.............................................................................*Best in Slot = Corsairs Vs Spearmen Vs Xbowmen
About massive units, and how to handle them....... ***D.R.A.I.C.H. The new Age of Mammoths.
.............................................................................*will 25 warriors be a large enough unit?
.............................................................................*Ideal Warrior Unit Size
.............................................................................*Spearmen horde an effective choice in 2400 points?
.............................................................................*How do you like your spearmen?
7th ed Spears ....................................................***Dark Elf Spears Tactica
7th ed Spears ....................................................***Banner of Nagarythe Tactics: The magic Deathstar
............................................................................*The 8th edition corsair
............................................................................*Is 15 AHW corsairs a large enough unit
............................................................................*Are corsairs viable?
............................................................................*Corsairs?
............................................................................*Corsairs
Corsairs überunit ....................................................*The dreaded Uber Corsairs Strategy (mini tactica?)
Corsairs pros and cons ............................................*Standardising a List
Corsairs.................................................................*how do you like your corsairs?
Small RHB Corsair unit.............................................*Completely random idea with Corsairs
7th ed Corsairs combos (ahw/rhb).......................***One for Calisson - some Corsair tactics I have used...
Surprising RHB corsairs..........................................*Dread's take on the fine and oft overlooked RHB Corsairs
7th ed Corsairs with R-handbow........................... ***D.R.A.I.C.H. The Handbow Corsair tactica.
.............................................................................*Massed Witch Elves?
.............................................................................*Witches as suicide squads
MSU WE................................................................*Hexbomb
WE.......................................................................*Is a Witch Elf horde the most awsome thing ever?
7th ed Witch Elves..............................................***Here's your Help on How to... Witch Elves (quite long...)
WE.......................................................................*Suicide Witch Squads

Hammer units
(Executioners, Black Guard, Cold One Knights,
Cold One Chariot, Hydra,)

Many small Elite:....................................................*Uses for MSE.
Less Medium Elite:..................................................*Uses for MME (Many MEDIUM Elites)
Few Large Elite:......................................................*FLE (FEW LARGE Elites)
Execs... many of them!.......................................***50 Executioners
Execs... lots of them!..............................................*Har ganeth Executioners
.........................................................................***In defence of the Death Hag BSB led Executioner Horde
Choosing Elite:.......................................................*Executioners or Blackguard
Choosing Elite:.......................................................*Black Guard vs Witch Elves
COK über-unit-o'doom .............................................*a game that never ended: Beanz's 1st 8th Ed matchup (2k)
and also .................................................................* 2500 pts vs Warriors of Chaos
..............................................................................*4 months and 20 games later, my COK rock with 8th!
COK champ ............................................................*Items for the CoK Champion
COK not dead! ........................................................*Do Cold one Knights also win you nearly all your games?
No more small COK units.........................................*5/6 vanila COK - extinction. ;/
..............................................................................*What banner for CoK?
............................................................................**Cold ones: A science in brutal force.
..............................................................................*Best Magical Item on Elite Champion
7th ed...................................................................**MSX = 3 execs + COB = The "Burger Khaine"
7th ed BG & Kouran.............................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Black Guard FOR DUMMIES.
7th edCold One Knights .......................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H- Cold One Knights Summary
7th ed CO Chariot as unit.....................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. – Chariots not dead! - Special & mounts.
COC, with/without BSB............................................*Cold One Chariots in 8th
COC.....................................................................*How to use chariots?
COC.....................................................................*Chariots?

Über units: The Shade Death Star

how to use Shades in large numbers. .....................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th ed "Shade-Deathstars"
proven in combat: ...................................................*Battlereport: 2000 - Tournament Shadestar

Agile units
(Shades, Dark Riders, Harpies).................................*Harpies - Shades - Dark Riders
(Shades, Dark Riders, Harpies).................................*Harpies?
(Shades, Dark Riders, Harpies).................................*How Many Harpies?
how to use Shades...................................................*Shades: Am I Missing Something?
how to use Shades...................................................*Shades?!
how to use Shades...................................................*Shades and Okkam's Mindrazor
Shades & harpies.....................................................*Using shades and harpies effectively
Using agile units .....................................................**Tips and tricks to use harpies effectively
DR..........................................................................*Dark Riders - Down but not out?
...............................................................................*Dark Riders
...............................................................................*Are Cavalry Worth it?
...............................................................................*What to do with my Riders?
...............................................................................*Dark Riders in 8th
...............................................................................*Dark Riders and Shades
7th ed Shades......................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Cool Shades in the woods
7th ed DR with shields ...........................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. Druchii medium cavalry. The DR with shields.
...............................................................................*Dark Elf Cavalry

Long range missile units
(Multi-crossbowmen, Reaper Bolt Thrower)

................................................................................*Supposed Warmachine Nerf
................................................................................*Bolt Throwers........
................................................................................*Reaper Bolt throwers
................................................................................*RBTs worth a Shot?
RXBmen..................................................................*Shooting Effectiveness in 8th
RXBmen..................................................................*Repeater crossbows: Failures, successes?
7th ed Multi-crossbowmen .....................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - RXB men, the modest shooters
7th ed RBT ...........................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Druchii Naval Fire support: the RBT.
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. - The Characters
In this part are detailed each character's Strengths and Weaknesses, how to tune-up and play him/her, and discussions about Magic Objects

All characters.
A compiled list......................................................... **Poll for 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Masters
Investigations........................................................... *8th edition: Various Character Builds
................................................................................ *New rules, new approach to out tactic's - Charachter Build
Special characters (or rather lack of them)................**Why a lack of characters?
... except.................................................................. *Can Morathi be a viable option in competitive lists?

Khainite characters
(Assassins, Death Hag, Cauldron of Blood)

................................................................................*Hellebron?
Less vulnerable DH?..................................................*The Hidden Flag Hag
Star Assassin............................................................*Assassin Help
................................................................................*The role of Assassins in 8th
................................................................................*Is an assassin worth it?
................................................................................*Assassin Revival
7th ed Assassin.....................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Murders in Rue Naggarond: Assassins!
.................................................................................*The Venom Sword Assassin
7th ed Cauldron of Blood........................................ ***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Bathing the Druchii way: Cauldron Of Blood
COB? No COB?..........................................................*Am i the only one?

Battle Standard Bearer
(Death Hag or Master)

...............................................................................**Keeping the BSB alive?
.................................................................................*ASF for Khainite units: how best to keep the BSB Hag alive?
Flying BSB is nice......................................................*Pegasus Master BSB
COB BSB complementary equipment........................ **Cauldron of Blood: BSB Builds
7th ed................................................................... ***D.R.A.I.C.H - Battle Standard Bearers

Magic Objects and mundane objects combinations
Thorough discussion..............................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Magic Items Summary - 8th Edition Update

Non-Khainite Warriors
.............................................................................. *Malekith
...............................................................................**Poll for 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Dreadlords
................................................................................*How do I make an Unkillable Lord?
Lokhir Fellheart.......................................................... *Lokhir fellheart in 8th
7th ed....................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Lokhir Fellheart, a corsair hero.

Mounts, weapon and Armor combinations
for Dreadlord & Master
................................................................................*our mounts in the 8th edition
Manticore.................................................................*The Manticor, an endangered species
Manticore.................................................................*Are Manticores Worth it?
Manticore.................................................................*Best way to use a Manticore?
Double-manti list.......................................................*2500pts dark elves. V7 to V8.
7th ed Manticore....................................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. - The manticore
7th ed Cold One Chariot.......................................... ***D.R.A.I.C.H. – Chariots not dead! - Special & mounts.
7th ed Footed or DS?..............................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Need a ride? The footed Master/Dreadlord
Dragon, anyone?........................................................*What happened to our pride? DL riding a dragon!
Dragon lord...............................................................*Back on board: DL on dragon
Dragon lord...............................................................*DE Dragon Dreadlord Idea
.................................................................................*Dragons!
.................................................................................*CoC-riding master - set-ups

Magic-users
A compiled list....................................................... **Poll: 8th edition: Various Character Builds - Sorceress
Supreme Sorceress.................................................. *Dark Pegasus Supreme Sorceress
.............................................................................. **Gaze of the Medusa: Morathi in the 8th
Bodyguards..............................................................*Shielded Dark Riders as sorceress bodyguard
Bodyguards..............................................................*Supreme Sorceress with shades
Bodyguards..............................................................*15 Spearmen as Sorceress bodyguards
Bodyguards..............................................................*What do you use as a bunker for SacDagger Sorcerres?
Ward saves..............................................................*Ward Saves on Supreme Sorceresses?
..............................................................................*Sorceress on Dragon?
..............................................................................*How do you like your Lv.4 Sorceress? ;)
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. – Combining units in an army
This part provides advice about how to combine different units into an army so that they build up on each other.
Remember that it is specific to 7th edition Druchii.

DE Army Forces and Weaknesses
General forces/weaknesses ......................................*DE a Mid tier army with 8th ed?
Lets's start with a good lessons learned.....................*More Reflections on another 2400pts Tournament
No cheese.............................................................**Ethics in army lists and tactics
First feelings...........................................................*Rate your success !!!
Large games...........................................................*Discussion of big games (3k+)
Good advice..........................................................**How are you winning/surviving games- advice sought.
7th ed.................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. – The style of a druchii army

Army lists: how to build your list
A very good shot at analysing our armylist options ...***D.R.A.I.C.H. The making of your army.
An example of an original monster army ....................*2500pts Monster Mash
example of ETC flying circus......................................*How to deal with a Druchii Flying Circus
Selecting your characters ..........................................*Middle heavy magic? Are 2 lv. 2 instead of lv. 4 viable?
Exec-heavy .............................................................*How to optimize a list with a large unit of executioners?
To balance characters & troops ................................**Ideal Heroes?
..............................................................................*components and capabilities of a successful force
7th ed.................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. The balance of an army. A theoretical approach.
...............................................................................*Tactics without CoB???
...............................................................................*Can MSU still be done
...........................................................................***Interesting List from Italian DE Player
...............................................................................*I found a home(a rookie general wonders why he keeps loosing - seasoned veterans provide answers)
WAAC list................................................................*Filthing it up - Best No comp Dark Elves.

Intersting initiative about army building ..................**March Monthly - Battle Plan Challenge

Getting an army without spending too much
Hesitating for a start.................................................*Confused with dark elves what should I do?
still relevant under 8th ed......................................... *The cheapest solutions
still relevant under 8th ed......................................... *Save money; buy a Dragon?

Here is an optimized list, for efficiency, not originality.. *The making of an army.
and there is a shooty one.......................................... *Shooty list 2.5k - most battlepoints in 2 tournaments.
A winning Crone & WE...............................................*Witches for monster hunters, take care of scarry stuff

If you want 7th ed examples of army lists, seeDruchii.net's Greatest Lists (Old lists descriptions from before the coming of the 7th edition of DE army book)
Accepting Nominations . . . The Army List Hall of Fame (still active).

Inside that thread, you can go directly to the hyperlink => HERE, where you'll find a collection of 7th ed army lists of all kind:
Various Tourney-winning, WAAC = Win at All Cost, Optimized, No magic, Balanced, Defensive, MSU, Close combat, Full infantry, Horde (!), Full cavalry, Maneuverable, Monster Flying Circus, Fearsome, Magic tsunami, Magic heavy & CoB, Speed & Magic, Magic/shooting heavy, Full shooting, Tricky, Battalion box, No cheesy choices, Hard to define (!). Themed listsinclude Malekith Naggaroth royal army, Morathi Followers, Knights of Malus Darkblade, Karond Kar army, Many Cult of Khaine, Links to the Cult of Slaanesh
And, for Black Ark Corsairs & Lokhir Fellheart themed lists, fluffy lists or efficient lists with some corsairs: see the thread => Brotherhood of the Coast – The Druchii Corsair League
Last edited by Gramash on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. – Playing the game
This part deals with how to handle the new Druchii during the game.

This article contains the whole truth .......................***Trains of Thought (the 5 rings of the Druchii)
A good article to understand the switch..................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. 7th => 8th analysis
Priorities.................................................................*Who to kill first, General or BSB...??
Counter-priorities....................................................*Keeping your BSB alive.
About massive units, and how to handle them........ ***D.R.A.I.C.H. The new Age of Mammoths.
..............................................................................*Fighting vs Point Denial Units
Too cheesy?...........................................................*Ethics in army lists and tactics
Questionable tactics ................................................*Making a dirty, rule-abusing army.
MSU....................................................................**Nice article about MSU vs hordes, by Strollinthewoods

The blossom of tactics in Spring 2009.
7th ed tactics........................................................ ***The Tactics behind a Balanced list
7th ed tactics........................................................***Tactics Question of the Week.
7th ed tactics........................................................ ***Intersite battle)

... and its revival in 2012
.............................................................................*The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
.............................................................................*Battles Of 'The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen!'

Tactics hall of fame in previous editions

6 / 7th ed...............................................................***Druchii Tactics Hall of Fame (updated Sept. 12 2007)
(here, you'll find the wisdom of 6th edition druchii,
including Bait and flee tactics and MSU.

Stats.

A handy magic chart..............................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th Ed. :: Casting Probabilities
A good chart to have ............................................. ***D.R.A.I.C.H. :: 8th Ed Math-Hammer : Dice Probabilities
More .......................................................................*[Theoryhammer] Chances on dice rolls with multiple dice.

Example of druchii in battle
A nice report:........................................................... *Masters Tournament 2000pts with pics
................................................................................*Reflections from a 2400pt tournament

Threads made just for the fun :lol:
these are to be kept running with the 8th edition, of course!
1. .....................................Murphy's unwritten rules of warhammer (some wise philosophy about what not to expect too much)
2. .....................................The "It Doesn't Come Around" thread when your dice rolls are so frighteningly consistent that you know what will happen before you roll.
3. .....................................Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills
4. .....................................Heroic Performances (the inexpected best)
5. .....................................Terrible rolling odds (the inexpected worse)
6. .....................................Worst battles you've ever played (if you lost, see that it could be worse)
7. .....................................How to laugh when things go wrong?
8. .....................................You know you play too much warhammer when...
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Starting the game

making nice terrain for your troops......................*Make your own terrain for free (w/ images)
and the 8th edition version: ................................. *Ideas for all the 8th ed terrains
Scenario 6.........................................................*Watch Tower Scenario
VIDEO: .......................................................... ***Back to basics tactics videos
Advice.............................................................**Deployment tactics
RAW to the extreme?......................................................................*Scouts and getting +1 to who goes first
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Psychology

Lowering the Ld of most of the opponent's troops........................*Nasty Doom and Darkness! trick
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Movement

A few discussions about deploying agile troops........DR's Vanguard Move
A pretty important movement rule explained........ *Coolest Rule in 8th. Wheeling does not count against charge
How to use tactically successive charges .............**Charge Order and Flee Reaction
Tactics example ..................................................*Dealing with quantities without the Hydra.
Clever or off limits? .............................................*Conga lines: why would you avoid using them?
No more bait'n'flee, rather bump'n'charge? ............*Speed bumping 8th edition style
..........................................................................*The suicide snipe-charge
..........................................................................*Unkillable roadblock dreadlord... or not?
..........................................................................*Stubborn champion congaline?
......................................................................***Dark rides can do it better !!!
......................................................................***Tips and tricks to use harpies effectively
.........................................................................*Horrible cheese to hide wizards

VIDEO: .......................................................... ***Back to basics tactics videos

7th ed ...............................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. Movement Phase
The Breakdown - Flying High or Low - Arc of Vision (360° or 90° - giant's view) - Hampering opponent’s movement - Using movement to achieve objectives - Enhancing Movement - Speed - Agility - Positioning - Movement Tricks and Rules - Multi-charging, Hatred, and the Movement Phase - The War Hydra (Defensive and Offensive)
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Magic phase

Preparing for the battle.
Which Lore?.......................................................***Treatise on Magic Lores
Which Lore?.........................................................**Magic Tactics, your views on every spell, every lore
..........................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. "Colour Blending" - Magic Lore Synergy
..........................................................................***Warhammer Disected: Magic 8th Edition

A potent magic phase for tourney. ........................ ***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Building the Uber list, Step 1: Magic
Lvl 4, 2x2, 2x1?....................................................**Middle heavy magic? Are 2 lv. 2 instead of lv. 4 viable?
............................................................................*Why using 2 sorceresses?!
Lores & Mages combo..............................................*How much magic is too much?
Lores & Mages combo..............................................*Lores of Magic 101
Making a magic-happy army..................................**Magic Heavy/optimized magic phases.
Magic in large games. ............................................**3000 point lists: Magic basically a requirement?
An article about how to choose specific spells .........***D.R.A.I.C.H. Pick up the spell you want.(and the chances to get it)

Before & during the battle (ETC)..............................*3 basic strategies of using magic effectively
For those who dislike 8th ed magic..........................*Magic House Rules to reduce randomness
..........................................................................*Lore of Death - a tribute

During the battle.
How best to get more power....................................*Power of Darkness and Sacrificial Dagger in 8th
How to best place templates..................................**Small round template. how to achive the most hit's
When to cast PoD?..................................................*power of darkness
When to cast PoD?..................................................*extra spell- power of darkness
Combining the opposite...........................................*A Caster AND the Ring of Hotek
..............................................................................*Is the Ring of Hotek a Must?
..........................................................................***Suggestions for good magic defence in 8th ed
Anti-Regen magic trick............................................*New way fire rocks hard core.
VIDEO: ..............................................................***Back to basics tactics videos
Countering heavy magic ..........................................*Help with HE archmage

7th ed .................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H Magic Phase Tactica

Set of cards..........................................................**Dark Magic Cards?
Set of cards..........................................................**Anybody made lore cards for Dark Magic?
Last edited by Gramash on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Missiles

Interesting read about our rxb's.............................** How to handle 30 RXB and The Guiding Eye
More....................................................................-*Crossbow Unit Size
Vulnerability?.........................................................*Supposed Warmachine Nerf
RXB ballistic experts discussion ................................*RXB Multiple Shot Rule - Any reason to not use it?
ETC comps hurt RXB. RHB revival?...........................*Repeater Handbows
Where there are the best .........................................*RXBs vs RBT - Secrets revealed with maths!
.............................................................................*Defense against shooting-
...........................................................................**Repeater Crossbowman - How do you use them?
.............................................................................*Comprehensive bolt-thrower mathhammer: Bolt or Volley

Melee

Placing your characters.....................................-***D.R.A.I.C.H. Characters and FC placement inside a unit.
Protecting your characters....................................**Protecting your characters inside infantry block
How best to tool your hero. ...................................-*Math-hammer 8E: no armour saves or higher strength?
Which elite against which foe? .............................***D.R.A.I.C.H. Statistics on our elite troops
Pursuit stats .......................................................**Maths Question
Stats ....................................................................*New combat calculator
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

Storm of Magic

.........................................................................*Storm of magic experience
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. - Know your enemy

In this part, the successful or dramatic experiences should be shared in order to accelerate Druchii domination over the world.

All armies
Description of all armies in 8th ed............................. *Strongest enemies
..............................................................................*A few, how do you deal with questions.
Hard foes................................................................ *Hardest to hit character in the game?
Testimony............................................................... *Recent tournament experiences.
..............................................................................*Which Armies do the DE's do best against?

Specific anti-strategy.
Bret = Bretonnians.............................................. ***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Taming the Horse Lords in 8th edition
BC = Beasts of Chaos.............................................*Help against Beastmen. Yes sir, I said Beastmen...
DoC.......................................................................*Help with Fighting the Daemons !
Killing BT................................................................*DE VS Daemons
7th ed Chaos Daemons........................................***D.R.A.I.C.H- Banishing the Daemons
CD = Chaos Dwarves.............................................*Chaos Dwarves
DE = Dark Elves (traitors, of course!) .......................*Ever fought against DE
Dogs of War are not supported in 8th edition............*So DoW case to exist?
7th ed Dwarves..................................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H.Dwarf tactica, how to open tough, tin cans
Empire..................................................................*Against Empire with Dwellers Below, Steam Tank and 3 Mortars
.............................................................................*Dealing with Empire
.............................................................................*new empire!
New Empire is about buffs .......................................*Empire detachment rules
7th edEmpire.....................................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. - Strike the Empire.
HE = High Elves......................................................*How do you fight teclis?
..............................................................................*how to beat this HE army?
..............................................................................*first game of WFB against high elves (tips :D)
..............................................................................*Rant / request for help against HEs
..............................................................................*How to defeat our sworn enemies?
..............................................................................*High Elves Preperation
..............................................................................*Help! 2500 League Match against High Elves! Fixed lists.
..............................................................................*Back to Basics with OTHER ELVES
7th ed ................................................................***D.R.A.I.C.H- High Elf Tactica
LM = Lizardmen ......................................................*The nasty toad
..............................................................................*Death to Lustria!
O&G = Orcs and Goblins..........................................*How to fight against Goblin Fanatics
OK = Ogre Kingdoms..............................................*Played agaisnt the new Ogres!!!
..........................................................................*** D.R.A.I.C.H Stomping Ogres v8(old OK rulebook)
..............................................................................*Ogre problems
..............................................................................*Tactics against Ogre Kingdom
Skaven..................................................................*Death Magic Skaven and FUN!!!!
..............................................................................*Skaven
..............................................................................*Hellpit Abomination - How do you deal with them?
Interesting thoughts against Skaven in 8th ed:..........*A debate between absolute newbies (Lizardmen vs Dark Elves)
..............................................................................*Tactics against Lizard men
..............................................................................*Somewhat fed up with dreaded 13th...help..
TK = Tomb Kings = Khemri..................................***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Tomb Kings(former ones)
..............................................................................*What to Expect from Tomb Kings(new ones)
..............................................................................*Tomb King and pop-up defense
..............................................................................*Help against Tomb kings.
..............................................................................*Tactics Vs Tomb Kings
VC = Vampire Counts.............................................*How does VC work nowadays?
..............................................................................*How to beat Vampires?
..............................................................................*How to deal with VC knight bus
7th ed WE = Wood Elves...................................... ***D.R.A.I.C.H.-Waging Woodland War: Flaming the Wood Elves
..............................................................................*How to crush Wood Elfs?
7th ed WoC = Chaos Warriors..............................***D.R.A.I.C.H. Beating Warriors of Chaos
8th........................................................................*Trouble with WoC
..............................................................................*Help me against this WoC list
..............................................................................*Getting through that Chaos Armor
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary material
This part of the D.R.A.I.C.H. is taken by tmr.........***D.R.A.I.C.H. - Complementary material

It deals with any miscellaneous topic not covered elsewhere.

This is the druchii's general Cave of Ali Baba!

In his never ending search for universal knowledge that can help you, druchii general, tmr is still looking for help in developing ideas for sub-titles and other subject matter. As well as adding additional content for the different areas of interest that is currently in place.

If you know of a forum out there send him the link, especially if its in a non-English language and he will add it.

If you know of an interesting topic of interest that does not fit into any of the more traditional sections he’ll find a place for it here or create one…

Go and have a look!
Last edited by Gramash on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

D.R.A.I.C.H. – Writing your own D.R.A.I.C.H. article:

If you want to make a study which is worth putting in the D.R.A.I.C.H., go ahead! Il will benefit the whole D.net community and especially yourself.

0. Be aware that the first step is the most difficult.
Don't get discouraged.
Doing something for the first time is difficult. :evil:
The second time, it gets easier. :?
The next times, it becomes easier and easier (but still requires work, of course). :)
That is why the articles written by the experts seem sometimes very difficult to achieve by a beginner.
Note that you need not to be a veteran to write a valuable article: the example of Stonecutter (WE antitactica) is there to show what can be done after 1 year and 250 posts in D.net. Same for gramash, 80 posts in 2 years (Dwarf antitactica). Or Enkiel, 130 posts and 5 months registered (OK antitactica).

It is worth doing!
Not only you'll feel satisfied with your achievement, but also you'll become more proficient with your topic, and more proficient with writing articles! 8)
You don't have to be a tactical genius to write a good article for the D.R.A.I.C.H. ...
... but doing it will help you to become one.
:D

1. Write a couple of ideas.
Gather the info. First of all, before reading anything, write on a Word document what advice on your topic you would give to a friend playing his DE, for the first time. What advice would you give to the same friend going to a tournament?
This will be the most personal part in your article.

2. Get some help.
Gather more info. This help is the advice already given on D.net.
Read all the threads from the D.R.A.I.C.H. linked to your topic.
Copy/paste in your Word document everything of interest. It does not matter if the same advice comes several times: you'll select the best written, later.

3. Read.
Gather more info again. DE army book. Rulebook. Other book or old articles about your topic.
There will be new ideas to add.

4. Organize your article.
Sort your material into logical groups. Read again everything you've collected. Give a short title to each paragraph.
Copy/paste the titles in another document.
Sort the titles in order to group together several titles into a chapter.
Sort the chapters in a logical order.
Now you've got the general plan of your article.

5. Beef up the plan.
For each chapter, you cut/paste all the relevant quotes you've collected.
Then you rearrange all of them in order to synthetize them in a couple of paragraphs and write them in proper English.
Watch out for duplicates, rewrite each paragraph with your own thoughts, and if you do copy paste something litterally (like mathhammer or army lists), give credit to the original author.
Add some humourous or fluffy description if you can imagine some, it helps making a great article. ;)

6. Check for mistakes.
When your initial document is empty, it means that all the ideas have been transferred to the organized document.
Your article is nearly ready.
Read everything with the army book and the rulebook in hand, double check all the rules.
Read the whole article again. Spell check. Grammar check. Add a couple of new ideas which will come spontaneously.
Make all the changes so that it becomes something you're rightly proud of.

7. Find a title.
Last touch: The title must tell about what it is, and should also intrigue the reader so that he would want to read.
Pick up the title of your choice. After all, it will be your baby.

8. Let it rest.
(Thanatoz' trick for a better quality).
If you'll post too soon, you'll end up editing multiple times (been there done that).
Let it rest for a week. Then re-read it. You'll rewrite lots of stuff and find lots of errors. Let it rest for another week. Re-read it again. Letting it rest is the best way to find errors, but don't do it too long or you'll forget.

9. Post!
When you've read it a last time, you can post. :P
Create a new thread named "D.R.A.I.C.H. - Title"

Post one or two pages at a time, no more, because it draws "servor 500 errors". :evil:
Later on, you'll find it easier to edit small posts rather than editing the whole text.

Post it first, next edit for presentation. It mitigates servor errors.
When you post your article, leave empty lines, underline or colour the titles, so that it becomes easy to read.

10. Receive the comments.
Often, an article draws some comments. :D
Sometimes, it is just "wow", or "thanks". Take pride of it.
Sometimes, it is more constructive, and provides more advice.
Take the useful part of the comments, thank for the contribution, and edit the relevant part of your thread.

As you roam druchii.net, later on, you may find some new interesting threads related to your D.R.A.I.C.H. topic.
You can either copy/paste some extracts inside your thread or just simply insert a link towards that interesting thread.

11. Finally: be proud of yourself!
You receive no pay. But you get the reward to join the team of D.netters who have dedicated a lot of their time for the whole community to improve their skills. :oops:
Your article will join the D.R.A.I.C.H. hall of fame, on D.R.A.I.C.H. page 2, and will replace several low quality threads hyperlinked on page 1, which were so far the best advice that D.net has to offer, pitiful as it is.

This will be and remain your outstanding contribution to this great site. :D

If you volunteer, I gladfully enlist you.
Just start your D.R.A.I.C.H. article and soon it will make its way into the D.R.A.I.C.H.
If not, send a PM to a moderator of the tactical forum.

Welcome aboard, mate!
ImageMy apologies to the author of this artwork, for not being able to mention who he is.
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Now that the new RBRB (really Big Rule Book) has been released for a week, we start getting interesting first impressions.

Some of them are hyperlinked above.
Most of the old 7th threads are no more available in the D.R.A.I.C.H. above, in order to keep the D.R.A.I.C.H. as light as possible.
Archeologists may find them through the previous D.R.A.I.C.H., which is now laying in the Hall of Fame.

Good luck to Granash in maintaining the new 8th D.R.A.I.C.H. (with my help as long as I lurk around).

EDIT:

SUCCESS! :D
Here is a thread where many D.netters expressed their warm thanks to D.net and the D.R.A.I.C.H.
A possible reason why DE are "strong"?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Just to let you know, I've updated the first post of this thread.

I removed the early discussions (that are no longer interesting, now that we've got experience).
I filled up in this first post the "Best Of", i.e. all good articles made specifically for D.netters's inspiration.
I mentioned the authors there, as these are peole who dedicated their time and efforts to help the community.

There is still plenty to write about.
Those who want to give a try are always welcome! :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi.
Sorry for the readers, but I cannot spend my time on D.net anymore as I did. It will be a couple of weeks till I can resume.
Hopefully, Granash will keep the D.R.A.I.C.H. living with new articles.

Calisson.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

I have been working on an 8th edition DRAICH article about Magic Lore combinations (synergy).

The link is HERE
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Resuming duty!
It was already D.R.A.I.C.H.ed, Dangerous Beans. I just had to update the title.
Good job, mate.