New Chariot

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Naram sin
Assassin

New Chariot

Post by Naram sin »

Mybe I have missed it but anyone were thinking about Chariots with Dark Stead instead of Cold One
IMO many peoples dont use our Chariots because it is slow and with 8Ld it is easy to fail stupidyty.
Anyone has any opinions????
Innocence proves nothing
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Hmm. I think it may become a bit of a no-brainer choice. I'd certainly give up fear and a S4 steed for non stupidity and +2 Movement anyday. I don't think we're ever going to get fast Cold Ones but the idea is still there for horse powered chariots.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Yes I will agree that Cold One is far better than DS but DS has one big adventage over CO - speed9 inches to 7 is growing to 18 to 14 at charge. Sometimes it is better to have faster support than haevy fighting slow CO with stupidity. Mybe I should set a Poll about Chariots and ask more Druchii if they like this idea??
Innocence proves nothing
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

This stuff really needs to be in the Petitions forum. I'll wait 'til Langmann sees it first and he can decide.

The problem with discussing stuff like this here is that no one else can comment. We should be discussing issues here that arise directly out of playtesting...... :D
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

DA I have put this idea at Petitions Forum last night. I kneaw that Langman want to talk only about existing ideas but I kneaw that many peoples wants to have this kind of chariots. So if you want I can cencle my ideas.
Innocence proves nothing
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

The chariots would no longer be T5 and AS 4+. They would become the same as the HE chariots.

This is the theme you find for all chariots in the other armies. T5 chariots and AS4+ require a T4 mount to pull it.

So you will lose something to gain something. If you have a serious problem with these, I hate to say it but it may be time to switch to a HE army. Then you can have fast heavy cav and chariots and no stupidity. But there is a price for that as well.

try using the Beastmaster if you are hating stupidity. He allows a re-roll which means the chariot fails 8% of the time, same as having a lord around. At least your lord is free to do other things...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Yea I kneaw that. My general problem isn't stupitity but lack of fast. Dont talk to me that I should play HE please. I'm not talking about changing COC into DSC but about option to swith from haevy chariot to fast chariot.
Innocence proves nothing
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

That means a new unit. Right now we have no power to make new units.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

an upgrade just smal upgrade just for me and some other guys who wnat to use them same as I :? :? :? :?
Innocence proves nothing
Zorn
Shade

Post by Zorn »

Even Gavin (according to Mike Marshall) has no power to introduce new units. Mike made it pretty clear that the marketing has the last say wether new units are beeing made or not.

Several things stand in the way of new units:

- the capabilities of GW stores to display these units (that's why lizardmen did not get new units)

- the cost of producing them

- the surrounding marketing program and costs

From this i derive that there is absolutely no way the DE could get additional units. :(

No need to focus on this or put energy into projects like this...

Regards
Zorn
This is the future.
The dead shall outnumber the living, and those that remain shall be dragged in chains to the pits of Zharr to toil for the greater glory of Hashut.

And all will be blessed Darkness.

Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr-Naggrund!
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The Cold One Chariot is perfectly fine and our efforts are best spent in other areas.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

@ Zorn: Exactly. All you said is true. There will be addtional units coming out once all the books are done. This is something that GW strictly deserves the rights for doing. At that time if we get a good job done here, perhaps they will poll us as to what kind of things we like.

@ Grogsnotpowwabomba: I agree completely. It is one of the best chariots in the game barring the Black Coach. The amount of abuse my chariots have taken and yet still keep coming back for more is something to be proud of.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

I will strongly disagree with you guys. New units are new $$ at GW account. Look hov many peoples will buy e g DSC if 2 for 1 slot that means that everyone who want to have it in a army will buy at least two models it is about 30 pounds!!!!!!! for each slot!!!! Talking that it will make a debet at account are empty words, and
- the capabilities of GW stores to display these units (that's why lizardmen did not get new units)

lizards get new units!!!!!!!!!!! We havent got Saurus CO and Cronosaur in previous edition!!!!!!!!!
Innocence proves nothing
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Langman don't forget that you aren't every DE player, that:
I agree completely. It is one of the best chariots in the game barring the Black Coach. The amount of abuse my chariots have taken and yet still keep coming back for more is something to be proud of.

is only your opnion!!! I kneaw many peoples who finds COC wery weak becouse of stuidity and unforeseen. Pleas don't tell me about possibility of failing test and beastmaster re -roll because on table you have dices not matematic analises it is why I lost today with WE - my COK have failed stupidity twice turn by turn and Treeman coud be clam about wounds- and beastmaster reroll is only our dream.
Innocence proves nothing
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Naram Sin wrote:is only your opnion!!!

Yep.

And I have another opinion.

50% of people want it, but the poll is biased because they don't know they will lose the T5 and 4+ save.

50% of people do not want it.

and some other people want the wywerm, which is a wyvern if I think that is what you meant.

Use the beastmaster and prove it works. That is something I can ask Gav for. I have told you already. There will be no new units by us at this time. None, nadda, zero, zippo, squat, zilch, or in your language: ŻADEN, NIKT, NIC etc.

Sorry.

If you want to work with the revision, I will be happy to have you there. If you do not want to work with it then petition Gav yourself please.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Ohhh I want to work with petition with you, I hope that our dream come truth in one WD and I will do my best to playtest oru work. My poll about chariots are my dream it is naot a secret that I dislike COC and I want to get something faster. I didn't think while posting it that it will be in Petition I only want to signalize a problem that COC don't fit into many people armies and tactic.
wywern was a jocke and from one side it is that 50% want it from another 50% dislike it I'm in a first part you I think is in this second group.
With dice throws like today eaven bestmaster wouldnt help.
not Żaden but Żadnych - do you kneaw any other words in POLISH??
Was there any ideas about giving kind of an upgrade like from ToK or MI for Noble to give hin possibility to re roll stupidity (e g once during fight for 15 ro something pts) or only blood banner??
Innocence proves nothing
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

What about allowing the beastmaster to ride the chariot?