Raging heroe's witch elf teaser!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Aw man! more things to be tempted by! haha right after buying 40 Blood Vestals too. This sounds promising:

There will also be a Sorceress Blood Vestal riding a Pegasus coming out very soon...
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Nightcall wrote:Have you seen this yet?

Very very nice. Looks like Raging Heroes are probably going for an all-out dark elf line. This model will probably work as a proxy for the Hag Queen. And their blog says that their next model will be a dark elf, er...Blood Vestal sorceress on a Pegasus.

Hopefully they will also make some Dark Elf warriors to flesh out the line. And maybe some cavalry units.
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

Cavalry units would be awsome!!! another model i am so getting - she looks awsome :)
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Nice, we need new and better looking cavalry! I almost hope they make it in the same range and looks as the blood vessals miniatures as well. It'd be easier to have a khainite theme througout the army then :D
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

There is a section on the RH website where you can tell them what kind of miniature you want them to do next. If enough Dark Elf players ask for more DE figures, they will probably oblige.

So go ahead, the link is at the bottom of the web page and called "Your dream minis" or something along those lines. Maybe we will see some Dark Riders, or Cold One knights soon.
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Here is the link to the "Dream Minis" page on the Raging Heroes website - where you can request more Dark Elf type minis

http://www.ragingheroes.com/pages/your-dream-minis
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Thanks, already wrote my wishes about dark riders, blood vessal style :D
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Did you ask for a mounted Blood Vestal? Might be a bit awkward, attacking from horseback with a long spear/lance with your tits hanging out :lol:

My own request was for a straight Dark Rider type - lightly armoured and armed with a lance.

Having said that, a mounted Blood Vestal mini would be really cool, and really unique.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

I'll be interested in seeing that pegasus mounted figure. I haven't purchased a Morathi yet...

I agree, Dark Riders would be cool. Although yes, as Alcidas said, galloping around with your boobs hanging out might be a bit uncomfortable. The more traditional light armour would be terrific.

I did have a short chat with someone at Raging Heroes who hinted that they were looking into a range of female barbarians. That'd spice up a Chaos army for sure.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

It's great to see RH following up after their recent vestal success.

I know people are suggesting warriors, DRs etc, but I just don't think they'd be financially viable for RH. I'd guess people would be looking to pay around 2-3€ per warrior, and doubt RH could deliver that. I'd love to be wrong though ;)

However, I do belive they could do a great job of blackguard, shades, harpies, characters (including the peggy already mentioned), exes, and maybe even a resin hydra.

Perhaps we could do a kickstarter army with Raging Heroes? :idea:
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Ok the warriors are cheaper but they are plastic figures.

But assuming RH were to produce a set of not-BlackGuard figures and sell them at the same price as their Blood Vestals you would get a command set and a troop of five figures for about 42 Euros total. Even if you add in the cost of postage, that is still cheaper than getting a Black Guard set plus a command group at £20.50 each from the GW website (total £41, which is more than 42 Euros).

Plus the GW figures are Finecast, along with all the issues associated with that wonderful material, and not very inspiring sculpts.

Same would apply for Executioners, and Shades, which are also now Finecast sets.

With Dark Riders, a single rider is £7.70 from GW which is about 9.50 or so euros. Guess the question is if RH can actually make a profit selling a mounted figure for around 9-10 euros.
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

I want her right now!!!
Death before dishonor
Kendoka
Executioner

Post by Kendoka »

I have suggested that RH should do *female DE warriors* in the exact style of the last viewed mini.

That they would be expensive compared to GWs plastic, hamfisted, silly helmeted and extremely static ones is a minor issue.

I and many others just cannot stand the GW DE warriors, they look as bad as the original Catachans - and is the very reason that I didn't start with DE until recently (fielding a Hellebron army so I can have WE as troops and thus doesn't have to field a single one of the awful plastic warriors).

Also, the option to have an all female DE force is very tempting.
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Yup those plastic DE warriors are dire. Still, if we do get a set of spearpersons, I would prefer them to be male. I m sure RH can make male Dark Elves that look just as nice as the female sculpts, and nicer than the current GW ones.

Also, with male warriors, there will be no debate about whether the figure is ..."over-dressed" :lol:

DarkMark, noticed your suggestion for the goblet on the RH website, good idea.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

I think RH could produce not-GW specials at the same price as the Vestals, and nobody would complain. I certainly wouldn't.

Regarding warriors/ crossbows; if RH can emulate AoW's hordes of Apocalyse business model they'll be onto a winner. AoW sell a unit of 20 warriors for about 40€. Selling a unit of seperate sets of legs, torsos, heads, spears, xbows would be ideal.

A darkrider unit of 5 would likely cost over 50€, that's a price point I doubt many wouldn't go for. I could be wrong.

A peggy with an alternative lord and sorceress rider would be a real winner.

:D

I've given the new sculpt further thought, and think if the front hand was holding a severed head aloft it would be much better.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Omg, lovely model!!!

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

with that load out it's not very useful. the model it too armoured to be a hag and has a shield.

who wants a left handed female highborn with sword and shield?

if they wanted to be a female hag she should be naked and have two really sharp jagged sword/daggers. Also the hair should be wilder and have a hooked net in it.

possibly rather than a second sword I'd rather have a chalice.
Kangavallo
Corsair

Post by Kangavallo »

She is a very good model and I'm severely tempted to buy her but I also have to agree with Kargan... the armour, particularly the shield, is too much for a hag I feel.

I would be most tempted to use her as a Highborn in a WE heavy army but I'm sure she could be modified into a great BSB!
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

I was thinking maybe you could also use her as a champion in a Slaanesh army.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

if you want a hag BSB check out this model

http://russian-alternative.ru/en/our_models/

look for number 1 down the bottom of the list

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I really like the Raging Hero stuff, and the Russian Alternative stuff is very interesting too.

Hmm, all these temptations to start a DE army again...
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Kargan DaemonClaw wrote:if you want a hag BSB check out this model

http://russian-alternative.ru/en/our_models/

look for number 1 down the bottom of the list

Now that's what I'm talking about.

The Wayne Rooney look alike face doesn't really float my boat I' afraid :lol:
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

Too right. Now, an Ashley Young look-alike, that would be the way to go... ;)
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

I not sure i need more Witches I have to check, they look good!
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

And the latest addition to the Blood Vestals line:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/ ... -sorceress

Last edited by Holt on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=