The Awesome Group 39 OOC Thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

The Awesome Group 39 OOC Thread

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome to the Group 39 Out of Character discussion thread :D

If you haven't already done so, please read over the "RPG Rules and Introduction" at the top of the Roleplay Discussion thread!

Firstly, I'll briefly go over some of the rules of the group!

1. The most important rule: have fun!

2. Please only post in this thread if you have been invited to Group 39!

If you are interested in participating PM me with a character, or place it in the Character Creation thread and PM me of his/her availability.

3. Try your best to keep all OOC comments and discussion to this thread, there is an OOC thread for a reason and I suggest you use it! The odd comment in the actual RP thread is fine, but I don't want it cluttered with needless... clutter!

By all means chat, discuss, ask questions and 'clutter' the OOC thread as much as you desire - that is it's intended purpose (please try your utmost to keep it reasonable, though!).

There will be times when I will need to explain things OOC that are happening IC - in those situations I will post an OOC comment informing you to check the OOC thread!

4. I wish to keep up a steady, reasonable pace and will endeavour to get a mod post posted every three days. This may not always be possible. If you cannot, at the very least, manage one post in this RP every three days then this may not be the RP for you!

If you are playing and you can't meet this 'unofficial' deadline, let me know in advance. Likewise, if you are going to be absent for any length of time, again, try and let me know in advance - if you disappear without letting me know your character will start to suffer, and your absence may eventually result in their death!

5. No god-modding! Your characters every action will be decided by my expensively crafted and totally fair moderator dice! Good posts, skills, abilities and certain equipment will grant you a bonus, or even a re-roll to this dice roll.

6. Play nice! Some people are innately annoying and infuriating, however, if someone should annoy you or make you angry, don't post in anger! Please PM me instead, and I'll try and sort any disputes that might arise.

It's okay for your character to be angry/suicidal/ idiotic/innately annoying and infuriating etc... But I expect a certain amount of common sense from the players themselves ;)

Alrighty then! Think that's the basics covered, if you feel I have missed anything, please let me know as nicely as possible!

The Players and characters: (so far)

Kensou - Ignat Thermios
Jcitalia4 - Taldein the Draich'arha
Smiler666 - Valeth One Eye

Am waiting to hear back from a fourth participant, and have space for one more (currently reserved for a friend of mine whom I have been unable to get in contact with). However, if you are interested in playing, don't let that deter you, I will consider your application if you PM me with one 8)

Once you have accepted a place within my group, feel free to post here, tell me you understand the rules and introduce yourself!

Last edited by Minigrift on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

hello there boys and girls, and thanks for setting this up Mini. Looking forward to RPing with you.

Minigrift wrote:expensively crafted and totally fair moderator dice

Pfft! I think G34 proved just how random the mod dice can avoid being :lol:
Opus vos liberaverit
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

afternoon! looking forward to RPing this character and with everyone else!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Fantastic introductions guys!

They are fair because they won't reflect any favouritism on my part, but rather, favouritism on their part, if that makes any sense! Dice can indeed be fickle, but I cannot be blamed for that ;)

I am currently in the process of PM'ing you all to find out where and how your character will begin the RP. I am being deliberately vague just now, but everything should start making sense once the RP starts - so, humour me for now, if I'm asking questions, answer would be appreciated!

Right, got 3 players at the moment and I'm still waiting to hear back from another 2. Will probably begin the RP properly on Monday, to give them time to respond and I'm pretty busy this weekend.

In the mean time, feel free to suggest any new rules, ask questions about the RP etc...
Last edited by Minigrift on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

maybe like a "fate's" bonus? for if a character continueings RP's well but the dice just absolutely hate them post after post after post, they will accrue some kind of bonus? I think this would be nice but only if they are RPing well and just really unlucky.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

my engrish is really bad sometimes....
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Don't worry, JC, I'm sure nobody will be that unlucky. And your English is only, very rarely, bad sometimes ;)

As an example of when a character might incur a re-roll: a Toughness 5 character may get a re-toll for failing a 'puke' test, a Toughness 2 character likely won't get a re-roll, but may get a bonus. Even if your post is poorly written, you might still get other bonuses for stats, class, equipment etc. So, before I even pick the die up, I'll be considering many factors for whether you get a bonus to the roll or a re-roll and so on. It is very unlikely that your character will fail every roll, but will be better equipped to pass some and more susceptible to failing others.

That was awfy long-winded...
Last edited by Minigrift on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

Greetings to all and may the fire incinerate all before us.

On an interesting not, since Ignat's fire magic was born from his pain, it would make sense if he's capable of more impressive magic if he is hurt. Just a suggestion though.
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Than you for dropping by, Kensou ;)

Well, you can incorporate Ignat's "born of fire" attribute by writing it into your posts whenever he is hurt and attempting to cast a spell, if it is well written and I get the impression that his pain is fuelling his magic or whatever, then I may grant him a bonus to his dice roll.

You guys can play your characters however you like!

If you haven't done so already, you guys should edit your signature's to show your character is in Group 39 (as Smiler has done). It's interesting to see that Taldein and Ignat have the same stat line...

Managed to get in touch with my friend and, sad to say, he won't be able to join us. At the moment he's away recording an album - his band is called "Vulchus Magikae" (it's Latin, so unsure of the spelling) which roughly translates as "Voices of Magic". They play 'Atmospheric Black Metal', apparently...

Anyway, turns out I'm not as busy today as I thought I was going to be so I might be able to get some writing done for the RP. Still waiting to hear back from one more player. Three people isn't really enough for what I had in mind, so I'm really hoping I can get at least one more player in. If not, I can rope in a couple of NPC's to serve the purposes instead of an extra player :)

Keep your eyes peeled gentleman, if you spot someone quickly jump them, blindfold 'em and get 'em dragged into the group, lol

Any questions?
Last edited by Minigrift on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Havent heard of the band, but I'd say thrash/death metal isn't really my cup of tea. I do like metal (download last year was AWESOME and canny wait for this years, i mean Ramstein AND iron maiden!!!!!!!!!). Have you tried contacting the other characters in the CC thread? Maybe a 'looking for characters post' might help as well.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

They're recording their first album, I think. Ask Smiler about my musical taste, you'll likely get an interesting response! Rammstein and Maiden are good too, excellent live!

I've contacted everyone who has a character in the CC thread, only the 3 of you have given me a response. The RP is open to another player at the moment.

The first mod post is up so go post ;)

Questions and feedback would be welcome.

Last edited by Minigrift on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Good stuff! Looking forward to it all, went ahead and posted there. Was thinking something like a Jedi mind trick lol.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

You will find out if it is successful tomorrow, hopefully Smiler will have posted by then.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mod-post is up :)

Next one will be Friday unless you all manage to post by then.

There might also be times when I do 'Mini mod posts' for each of you. Won't say any more than that at for the moment!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Blast! foiled by an upstart :p, no worries, plans with a mate the evening and in glasgow the next two evenings staying at a friends. Maybe I'll be able to post during the day thursday or this evening depending on when I'm back.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

That's my post up. Plans for the eve were cancelled. I know it's two different actions seperate in time but I hope that is alright as they weren't necessarily dependant on one another.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

Smiler, from your signature I cannot Identify your class. If I were to guess I would say khainite but I don't know for sure. Could you elaborate your signature?
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I would also have mentioned that you should update Umbra's class in your signature, but you seem to have amended both already!

JC, I would prefer that you finish with one event/series of actions before moving onto the next. I have edited your post with a "Mini mod post" to separate the two events.

I mentioned 'Mini mod posts' already, they will be little mod posts for each character (but in a separate post, I would rather not have to edit your posts as I did with Jc) as each of them needs to be at the same place at roughly the same time. Taldein has the furthest to go because he didn't start within the city like the other two characters. Likewise, at the rate Ignat is going he'll be the first to arrive at the place, so I may do these little mod posts to speed up the progress of the other two characters.

That all okay with everyone?

Also, guys, I would appreciate feedback and comments - they will help me become a better mod and, hopefully, tell a better story ;)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Thanks Kensou, I have indeed missed the classes on both of my characters. My mistake.

@MG I'm fine with modposts being spread between us while we are separate, so long as you don't wear yourself out looking after all of us :P

As for feedback, I can't really speak for the story (what with it having not really happened yet) but the writing so far has been excellent so far, looking forward to more of the same :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

More of the same coming up 8)

I now have a weeks holiday off college (well, 11 days) so I'll have plenty of time to do mod posts and such during that time! Will get the next mod post up today, probably once I've had some lunch and stuff! I'm tougher than I look...
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

No worries, can do. Went ahead and kept my post a wee bit shorter this time then in order to get some dialogue going with the guards.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

I'm not sure how far into the fight with the guards I can go, if it's fine to go ahead and plan to kill all the guards I'll edit in some extra killy death for you all.

By an outstanding coincidence I've also been enjoying a week off, so at this point I'm getting a little restless... MOAR RP :lol:
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Wow, two posts already! Great stuff.

I can do another mod post for you guys tonight if you wish it.

Smiler, with Nathra I usually aim to do 3 actions per post (1 attack = 1 action) so you could do a similar thing with the guards. For now, though, I suggest leaving it as is, I'll likely do a wee mod post tonight for the both of you if you would like me too.

Don't want to do too much until I get Kensou's feedback on my 'Mini mod post' idea.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Yeah that's be grand mg! I think if our actions aren't affecting one another or the main storyline then mini mod posts are a great idea.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Aye, I think so too! But, since you and Smiler are both fairly active and usually here everyday your characters could feasibly get quite a lot of these 'Mini mod posts', I don't know if it'll be the same for Kensou.

Kensou, what do you think of the idea? You think you could keep up the pace if I am giving the others mod-posts on a daily basis?

Want to keep it as fair for all of you as possible - it would be unfair of me to constantly be giving one character attention while other characters are always trying to catch up.

I'll give you both a wee mod-post for now - I hoped Taldein would be in the city by now (damned dice, lol) and Valeth's got a fight on his hands at the moment.