The Awesome Group 39 OOC Thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Haha I know, that was some effort! When ahead and posted up again. Cheers for the mmp! (minimod post)
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

Hey,

I'm all for mini mod posts if it speeds up gameplay. I'll try to keep up with it to the best of my ability.

Speaking of pace, I will be posting less frequent next week, as I need to work on a report.
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Good to know, Kensou. Well, I hope you'll be able to keep up - I'll be setting a relentless pace :twisted:

Just one report? I have two reports and an investigation to do over the holiday, that won't interfere with my moderator duties though, so no worries about that!

Next mod post is up... Things are starting to get a bit more interesting now ;)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Jc,

I advise that you revise your post. The bonfire is at the end of the street, still perhaps 150-200 metres away of where Taldein is currently positioned. Also, there are hundreds of rats erupting from the sewer and they've already covered a goodly portion of the road - running through them as Taldein did would be suicidal!

Apologies for not making it clearer :oops:

Just do another post after the MMP - will make the RP flow better and then I can delete your other post. I can do that because I am a mod *laughs maniacally*
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Edited my post, bit more bland but probably the best idea given the circumstances. Cancelled the spell cast attempt as I dont think there are many shadows for him to take from on a rainy night.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Plenty of shadows, but given the nature of the foe, I don't think 'hiding in the shadows' will do him much good.

I hate to be a pain, Jc, but where is he running too? You can certainly do much better than "Taldein runs away" ;)

If you don't tell me then the die will decide and you may not, er, appreciate the outcome!

Once you're finished and happy, I'll edit my mod post accordingly.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Seeing as he doesnt know the city, I think the only response available is "away". As such, I would agree, the die is probably most appropriate.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

yay I posted. Can I be part of the modpost pretty please :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I'll not tell you how to RP your character, but there's was a couple of options open to him...

Well, Smiler, I don't know, I mean, it's a big ask and would require a lot of effort on my part... Well, okay then, but only because I like you :D

Am going to delete my MMP and start a group mod post, be the easiest thing to do now... Will go do it right now!
Kensou
Black Guard

Post by Kensou »

My post is up and it's more discriptive of how Ignat attacks. Is this how it should be done? Or should I put more thought into it?
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

back in dundee just the now having to take care of a bunch of stuff, hopefully can get my post up this evening or tomorrow at the latest.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kensou,

I tend to aim at around 3 actions in a fight as this helps speed up the RP - so, slashing at the child would be one action, then running up to decapitate the woman could be another one. I tend to find it easier to act/say what my characters opponent is doing then react off of that, this helps me envisage what my character is doing as well as what the enemy is doing or vice versa if your character is attacking. If you guys done this it would help me immensely with my mod-posting as it would mean I wouldn't have to act out the actions of every single fight. Smiler's recent example, whilst a bit extreme, is similar to what I'm getting at.

Jc, didn't mention during my mod posts, but there's still several small skirmishes round about where Taldein is, down little alleyways and in adjacent streets and so on... Actually, it's the same for each of your characters, so just keep it in mind for the future.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Alrighty peeps ;)

Which would you prefer, a summary for your character at the end of the mod post, or a summary at the end of your characters bit of mod post?

JC, I'll do a modpost for Smiler and Kensou, I'll give Taldein an MMP once you've posted 8)

Smiler, you need to update Valeth's inventory.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Thanks cheers, really hung up just now sorting things out so I apologize for that.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nae tather a ba, Jc, jus' get yer post up wheneva ya can and eh'll pure gi' ye a wee mod-post, ken?

That's pretty much how Dundonians speak by the way, makes me cringe... Pure tekkle, man!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Haha aye, indeed. I used to work at tonic til 4th year's truckload of work hit and some of the lads coming would try to give me casual chat over the bar. Smile and nod was almost always my response. That's my post up, sorry about the wait!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It's actually physically painful, it's that bad. Smile and nod, then tell 'em to... go away, lol

Jc, the house I left you on was the last in the row, so Taldein's going to have to get back down to the street level. He can still do his shadow thing and circumvent the guard post so I don't think you really need to change your post.

Just waiting on Kensou to post before I do the next mod post - Ignats actions will affect whether I need to do MMP's or not, so need to wait for him to get his post up.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey guys,

Well, I'm in the mood to do a mod post, so I'll likely get one up later tonight! Jc, I think you are in line for a mod post anyway, so I'll do one for you and Smiler since he has posted as well.

Kensou, I'll do you an MMP for you whenever you post.

If something happens and all the players can't get where I need 'em to be then I'll just throw more zombies at you to stall you, or something...
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sort of fancied a wee bit o' action so, emmm, yeah!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

My apologies, Jc, I've had to edit the mod post because I wasn't clear enough about were the houses were - they were at the opposite side of the street (left side, Taldein is on the right side) not opposite the street...

Sorry :shock:
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

no worries, i edited my post anyways, sorry about that
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nae tather a ba ;)

Guys, just take your time when posting (don't take your time to post - that is something else entirely :roll: ), make sure you read the mod-post properly so you're sure you know exactly what's going on.

There will be times when I am not as concise or as accurate as I can be... If at any point there is anything your unsure of or need extra information on, just ask, I don't bite (unless your a girl and you ask me too, but let us not go there ;) )

As with the last mod post, I thought it was all pretty self-explanatory, but it really wasn't. That was my fault and I apologise for that - shall endeavour to do better in future!

This time I will wait for Kensou to post. Taldein is actually closest to were you guys need to be for the RP to actually start properly, at the moment I'm just building bridges... Don't worry, though, your characters will all be were they need to be when the RP really begins!

Oh yeah, I've also invited a fourth (well, sixth, technically) player to come and join in the fun, I hope they will accept :)
Ragingserenity
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ragingserenity »

Hello, everyone. I am the player MiniGrift invited, and I accepted (obviously) so I'll be joining the game! I'll be playing the shade Menlu (Rain).

Hope we can have a bunch of fun!
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Hello there Mr/Mrs Serenity, it's good to have you on board with us all.

Unfortunately you appear to have turned up just as everyone is being stolen by RL, but with a bit of luck things will pick up soon enough.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome to the group, RS ;)

You should write up an introductory post for your character, once you have done this she will be included in the next mod post. I hope to get it done tomorrow evening!

Feel free to PM me or ask here if you need any help with it - I am here to help!

To everyone, if you think you're going to be unable to post, try and let me know in advance! Even if you took just a few minutes to post a quick summary of your characters actions instead of a proper post, that is much preferred to you not posting at all, which annoys me :P

I find it impossible to believe that a whole week went by and no one could find even just a few minutes to do a quick post. If you don't have the time to write out a proper post, just write a quick summary - will take you just a few minutes and will make my life so much easier...