What do elves think that would happen to them after death?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Merkava
Slave on the Altar

What do elves think that would happen to them after death?

Post by Merkava »

That question came up while I was roleplaying and I couldn't answer it with certain, so I dodged the queston. ;) But Now I ask you - what happens with elf (I mean - his consciousness or soul) after death?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I know the Crone is incharge of rebirth (High elf book, crows and ravens are her motif).

The underworld is populated ruled by another goddess that has has an anger mismanagement issue (can't think of the name at the moment) with her son playing the role of both grim reaper and Cerberus.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Merkava
Slave on the Altar

Post by Merkava »

Yeap.

Ereth Khial - Goddess of the Underworld second to Asuryan.
Nethu - Guard of the Underworld and son of Ereth Khial

But - it seems that elves can either reincarnate, in harpies or whatever, or they can go to heaven/hell (with Crone or Ereth Khial), but what decides what happens? Also Khaine is said to consume souls, so... anybody?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It is rather confused. There is Mori Heg to consider, goddess of death and those associated with her as described above. Then there are the Darkblade books in which Uriel talks about somewhere called 'the fields of gore', Khaine's halls which sound rather unpleasant to me. Then there is the matter of the pheonix as the symbol of Asuryan (Asur I know but these are old beliefs) which certainly intimates a rebirth theme. Such a thing is more related to Eldar background though (pre their fall). Personally I choose to follow a rebirth principal since there is nothing definitive but that it simply a personal choice, not an endorsement of any view point.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

The Malus Dark Blade books were largly written in 6th ed and prior where the high elves had lots and lots of gods they liked; the wood elves had the mother Isha, Kurnos, and Loc, and the Dark elves had Khaine and Slannesh.

As far as I know the other dark gods didn't really come about in elf mythos until about late 7th ed. In the end it makes more sense to me as they may have their patron deity (all hail the king Khaine baby) but going from polytheistic to to focusing on one doesn't make all that sense to me.

That and I see a big Greek, Roman, Chinese, and Japanese influence in the elves, with the wood elves taking a good chunk of the druids and dark elves also taking a note from Gilgamesh (namely with a real world equivalent to Ereth Khial down to anger mange problems, having her affections spurned, and if she got that angry again she let the undead eat the world).

Mori Heg is worshiped by the highnelves more openly, and in one of the Sundering books the Raven Riders (dark riders prior to most of them turning to the dark side of the force). I'm not really sure how the rest of that works...their alot nicer to each other than the Greek gods, but there is still a bit of a dysfunctional family thing going on in the heavens and underworld.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra