Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Oh, I'm sure the Shadowlands will have plenty to offer us ;)

Impatiently, I'll wait!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Well I have posted! Hope we haven't lost Smiler and JC as well now :/
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Heya, sorry. No you haven't lost me at all. Have had a heavy week in my anaesthetics block and every time ive sat down to try to think up a post I've literally drawn blanks (for both groups). Hopefully can get something up the morrow.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Unfortunately it looks like the scourge of the No Notifications affects me here as well. (I thought it might just be over on 28 ...) I have to check "by hand" to see if we've got replies as the site doesn't always send me the notification of a post emails. Although this means I might not see a post right away, I certainly haven't gone anywhere :) Just letting you all know what happens sometimes.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It pains me to say it, Nightcall, but it seems increasingly likely that Smiler will not be returning. It's been at least a month, probably longer, since either of us has heard from him. For G39 I've decided to give him until the end of the month before I consider killing off his character.

I just hope that he's okay.

Anyway, that's my post up...

Which I have now edited!
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

That's a shame... we're pretty low on RPers at the moment. If he doesn't appear by next weekend I'm going to kill Umbra off.

I'll see if we can get another couple of active people to join us too. It'd be a shame to knock this on the head - we've only really just begun!
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Well, it's the summer in the southern hemispheres. I bet he's having fun in the sun/met a girl/at some camp/job/activity. Hope he returns soon though.

As far as continueing, i vote we all trudge along until the ranks fill, they will with time and it'd be pretty rubbish to wait until then just to start at the beginning all over again!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

We have a newcomer! Welcome Reg, feel free to jump in whenever you're ready. ;)

Name: Hergon Hespath
• Sex: Male
• Height: 6’8”
• Weight: 95 Kilograms.
• Appearance: He has an Athletic build, common amongst his kind, a broad chest tapering to a thinner waist. His body is muscled to the point it almost looks like it was carved from marble. His skin a pale purple, is marked by a few scars that rather than detract from his looks heighten them with a savage beauty, his fans will go to great lengths to inform you of this. His eyes are a dark brown looking almost black, and his black hair is pulled back in a warrior’s braid, threaded with silver. His usual attire is a pair of black pants and studded boots, along with a well fitted old Bloodbowl jersey, bearing the number three and the name Hespath. Along his right forearm there’s a tattoo that says “Har Haneth Ravens, Champions Season X”.

• Character Class: Warrior.
• Character Statistics: WS: 5 Str: 5 T: 4 D: 2 I: 2
• Starting Equipment: Medium Armour, Halberd, Helmet.
• Starting Skills: None.

• Character Background: Once the star starting Blitzer of the Harr Haneth Ravens, a Bloodbowl team that toured the old world. While they never saw huge success in the big 4 Tournaments (Besides a few semi-final appearances in the Spike! Magazine Cup, all such games under the leadership of Hergon) the team came to fame in a small league in the Old World. With only fifty teams competing it didn’t match the grandeur of the larger stages but due to their successes at the Spike! Cup they received quite a bit of coverage. Hergon now has a large fan club all screaming for his autograph and a few more on the obscene side.

After almost seventy years playing the game, a horrific knee injury put the Blitzer out for what apothecaries agreed to be several seasons. Not willing to pay his wages for several years while he recovered the Ravens released their star Captain. This infuriated the young Hergon but there was really nothing he could do, and so he returned home to Naggaroth, took up residence in his keep and began the slow rehabilitation process. Along with this he returned to his weapons training, after all his father had always wanted him to join the Black Guard rather than play Bloodbowl.

Now it’s six years on and his knee is back to normal, albeit a slight limp, and he has taken to mercenary work to raise funds, no Bloodbowl team is willing to take an ex-star who’s been out of the game for near a decade, and so he must stoop to such a low level as this.

• Character Ambitions: To earn enough money to found his own team and then get revenge on the Ravens for abandoning him. If that means killing the head coach so much the better.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome to the group, Reg.

Hope you stick around to have some fun with us!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Welcome!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Welcome to Group 38, fellow new player! :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Are you waiting for Syjahel and our fellow new player to post before doing the next mod post?

Hopefully we can pick up the pace a little, if everyone can manage it ;)
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

So far as I know, I'm up to date and waiting to be introduced to the group (when that suits :) ) so I can add a post - at the moment I'm a bystander so I didn't think I should post until I'm joined in, I didn't want to presume on anything :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I think we're all still separate from a group, so to speak, just individuals in a mass army. I gander we'll be grouped up at a later stage in the story.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra has returned from her mission and has a report ready for Thaeken. Once we are grouped together, might be an interesting group. We have two assassins and two warriors.

Not in any particular hurry, was just wondering what was going on since the RP seems to have died again.

Oh, and Jc, your input in the G39 OOC thread would be appreciated
Reggashnier
Slave on the Altar

Post by Reggashnier »

Just waiting for a Mod post to come in on.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I'll get writing that Mod post today. I really do hope things pick up, it's been hard to do anything with people disappearing all the time - I build something up for them as part of the story, then "pop" they're gone and we're left in situations like this. My patience is wearing thin... *taps iron staff with long fingernails* :P

I'll just steamroll everyone to the gate to hopefully pick things up again. This is getting boring.

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Good stuff NC, looking forward to some more action! Only so much I can say milling about the river waiting for the patrol to return :p.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The new post is up. Hope you enjoy it :)

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

It's been a week since the last Mod Post and only MG has posted. I would have written the next post tomorrow, but can't see much point.

It takes around 2 hours to come up with a Mod post, and I'm beginning to feel pretty demotivated as to whether to continue this thread.

If people have lost interest, please let me know so I can apply my time to something else. :(

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Hey NC, sorry. I'm having to spend my weeks in perth for my GP placement these days. But back the weekends. I'll get my post up the night.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I am plenty motivated to play, but I have been given no opening in which to do so yet - I've only been waiting patiently to be introduced :) I can't just jump up and say Hello, Talk to Me because I'm a Temple assassin, so I was looking for my introduction before I did so.

I was honestly waiting my turn to play, because I didn't want to shoehorn myself in like a big impatient, er, impatienty thing*. That's how it's been in my other threads - you wait til you're brought in - so I thought it would be the thing to do here - wait on the GM's pleasure :D

I'm ready when you are Nightcall :D

*metaphor fail.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Oh dear Syjahel, as the army is just on the march again, I'd expected you and Reg just to jump in and post about moving along towards the gate. Perhaps a little background as to what your character is doing joining the invasion of Ulthuan?

Maybe I should have been clearer? :(

I'm having to describe what you're all doing as a whole, as a host at the moment. Things won't be getting "personal" for another post or two, if that makes sense?

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Seemed pretty clear to me, Nightcall. I recall that each of us had to introduce our own characters to the RP.

Having similar difficulties with my group (lack of posts) but not quite prepared to knock it on the head just yet.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I won't despair just yet then :P . Mod post up

Mod, Group 38