Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Group 38 OOC

Post by Nightcall »

Nice pic of Nathra :)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hello m'lovelies. Just a heads up. We've had a lot of snow and I may not be able to get 'round to making a Mod post this weekend. When the electric goes off, I have to go and fix it. So it might have to wait until Monday. If I do get a chance to post before then, I will. I'm loving your posts and have lots in store for you all... *cackles and rubs hands together in glee*
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I know, march eh? Here in dundee it doesn't even have the decency to stick!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Really sorry I haven't got around to doing that Mod Post yet. I've even emailed a draft to work so I can get stuck in, but things have been MANIC at the moment and I haven't had a spare 5 minutes to myself. If I can't get the chance to do it earlier, it will be up this weekend.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nae tather a ba, Nightcall, worth the wait as usual. I sent you a PM by the way.

Have you guys all had a look at Nathra yet?

I was thinking, if guys would like, that I could create similar pictures for your characters. Let me know if you're interested :)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I have - nice highlighting on the metal of her armour :)

Sure, why not if you fancy it - I am always interested in seeing how my characters look to people :D Though for Kirael I'm afraid you're hardly going to get to use your flesh tones :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

It would be nice if we could have a gallery of characters somewhere... I like that idea. Group 22 had an artist working on their characters, done in the anime style though.

Can I ask that you keep an eye on the Mod post for new or lost items and amend your stats in your sig accordingly? I had forgotten to post that Nathra is down 1 shuriken, but have edited this in now. Cade is also (stylishly) down 1 clip. Thanks.
:)

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra's armour is supposed be made of 'blackened leather' with no metal at all. But the armour available is all made of metal which makes all the colours look metallic. I just couldn't find a colour to make the armour look like leather instead. I also made Kykysh but she is, ah, less interesting to look at :roll:

Syjy, I made you a character the other day but my camera has run out of battery - I'll post up a pic as soon as I can.

Having a gallery of all our character is a good idea. I also like the idea of making our characters real (as in the 28mm kind of real) so we can use them in our games of Warhammer or Mordheim or whatever.

Nightcall, I will edit my sig after the fight. I keep forgetting as well.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Thanks Mini! I look forward to seeing him when you get some batteries :D You could always try the 28 too if you have time :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Good news, Syjahel, my friend gave me some rechargeable batteries so I took some pictures of Kirael. He got a scarf but I couldn't cover his face with it. I also realised when uploading the pics I didn't get a 'full body' shot of him, if you would like one let me know, perhaps a picture of him brandishing his weapons might also be desirable. Also, I'll happily (try to) change anything you might not be happy with!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0710.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0705.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0702.jpg

And here is Kyksyh, not perfect but as close I as could.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0701.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0697.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0693.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0689.jpg

Tell me what you think ;)
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Nicely done! I really like those :D I used the Soulcalibur generator myself once but had no way of taking a decent picture. The poses are all very suitable. I especially like the expression on the last one - possibly contemplating someone's demise. Thanks Mini! If you can get a full body shot, that would be grand :D

Kykysh is now easier for me to picture too - though I've now removed all long hair from my mental image (well not eyebrows, obviously).
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I like those MG!

Zach, very sorry to hear about your news.

Well I was going to post this last weekend, but have had another crazy time of it myself. I'll be doing the Mod post over this weekend. If there is a gap like this in me posting, it's not that I don't care for the thread any more, but life tends to throw many things at me at once which eat up my forum time a lot. I'll always post as soon as I am able.

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Nightcall, it's good to know that you are thinking of us Druchii but having just started in the crazy world of thread RP I can appreciate how mad it gets fitting it in with life and how long a modpost takes! I hope life evens out for you soon and in the meantime don't worry, we'll be here :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thank you Syjahel :)

The Mod post is up! I hope you all enjoy reading the fall of Umbra.

Smiler - if you ever come back to D.Net, you're welcome to join us again. You will just have to put a new character together I'm afraid. Hope you're well.

and I forgot to put this in our OOC thread, so sorry!!

Name: Asilah Bloodhowl
• Sex: Female
• Height: 6'1
• Weight: 148lbs
• Appearance: Asilah's chilling icy blue eyes are framed by tattoos of talon-like shapes in blood red, extending from the corner of both eyes, representative of the God of Murder's own talons. Across her body there are other clear marks of her faith, a hand of khain marked onto the underside of each of her breast as well as Druchii markings along her legs, these bright red marks are contrasted with a series of thin white scars criss-crossing the skin of her back. Other than these inflicted marks, Asilah's skin is both pale and smooth, even for a Druchii, seemingly the affect of being thrown into the cauldron shortly after her birth. While not much above avergae heigh for a female Druchii, she is of a strong and curvaceous build for her people, lean muscle visible across her limbs. Her hair is long and lustrous black, aside from several lines of dark red, dyed evidently.

• Character Class: Khainite
• Character Statistics:
WS: 4
S: 3
T: 4
D: 4
I: 3

• Starting Equipment:
-Longsword
-Dagger
-Sea Dragon Cloak

• Starting Skills:
-Two Weapon Fighting

• Character Background:
Born as the seventh child of a minor but rising household, Asilah was given to be plunged into the Cauldron of Blood not because of any defect, but simply to gain the favour of Khain for a coming season of slaving which would secure the house's position in Har Ganeth. Not only did the following season provide no great opportunity, but Asilah was one of the few newborns to survive the process and be inducted into the life of the Khainite, named immediately so for the continual wail she shrieked as a child while fighting for her nascent life.

While originally intended for the Witch Elves, Asilah never posed the wild abandon demonstrated by her peers, while she continued to practice her namesake, demonstrating some of the more terrifying battle cries of the initiates, she remained generally calm, or at least, moderately sane in battle, and so was trained in a more general role, to best bring about the will of Khaine as best she could. While it had been hoped that she would return to her family and yet another noble household of Har Ganeth would be in the pocket of the Khainites, however after the general failure of her purpose in regards to her family, they wanted little to do with her. Consequently, since the conclusion of her training, she has become somewhat of a free spirit, working as a mercenary to further her own goals, as well performing various tasks for the Priestesses of Khaine, largely in working on minor leads on the existence of Slaaneshi cults. At the same time, she hopes her training and the favour of Khaine will enable her to carve out her own existence in the harsh world of the Druchii.

While still supported by her strong faith, Asilah has generally become more at ease with general Druchii society, although she still finds individuals flouting the laws of Khaine repellent, she herself has taken part in the revels of the flesh that Witch Elves are guarded jealously from, making her seem more like an individual marked by Khaine, rather than a part of any formal priesthood.

• Character Ambitions:
IC:
-To battle the enemies of Khaine.
-Personal success, she wants to attain a grander place in society.
-Potentially eventual, rather painful, revenge against her birth family.

OOc:
-Largely character development orientated, perhaps slipping somewhat out of the pocket of the Church of Khaine, generally depending upon whom she comes into contact with.

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

We have a new player joining the group... I'd like you all to welcome Raven_halo to the group!

Name: Venarl
• Sex: Male
• Height: 6,3
• Weight: 9 stone 5

• Appearance: Half of his face is covered with a tattoo a symbol of khaine. His hair is jet black which falls just over his eyes which are light blue. One ear has a single silver earing with a red gem. He wears a cape (black on the outside and purple inside) that hangs only over one shoulder. His clothes are always plain but tightly fitted, usually either black or grey. The only ornate things about his dress, is the belt and necklace that he wears. Both the necklace and the belt have a golden dragons head.

• Character Class: Mage (Temple of Khaine)
Weapon Skill (WS) 5
Strength (S): 3
Toughness (T): 3
Dexterity (D): 3
Intelligence (I): 4

• Starting Equipment: Halberd, Light Armour
• Starting Skills: Power of Shyish

• Character Background: Venarl’s life has been mainly focused within the temples of Khaine. His duties have mainly been guarding his home temple, or the various priestesses who serve the hags of the temples. This has made him hunger for the path of war. He believes that war will not only present him with a chance to improve his skills, but also a chance to prove himself. Venarl has a high adoration for Morathi, and hopes that one day he will have proved himself enough to climb the heights of Druchii society, and become a member of Morathi’s personal guard. Although much of his fascination is rested upon Morathi, all those who can cast magic are of great interest to him.

His fascination for magic stemmed from when his family travelled with a Druchii host towards their new home. As they rested for the night a band of Orcs attacked. The orc numbers were great, but despite this the Sorcerer that travelled with them, disposed of them with a single spell opening a great vortex to which every one of the green tide was summoned into. Venarl watched every moment and his obsession was born.

• Character Ambitions: Venarl’s service to the temples has somewhat restricted the time he could dedicate to studying. As a result he is eager to expand his mind; he believes those who can cast sorcery can aid him greatly in this goal. Venarl also hopes to collect various magical artefacts from the sorcerers he hopes to slay. Although he grown accustomed to using the halberd in battle, he desires to wield the mighty Draich.
:D

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Welcome to Group 38 Raven_Halo, I look forward to playing with a fellow Khainite :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Welcome! interesting character, looking forward to RPing with you!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

We are moving house next Friday. I've phoned our ISP today, and hopefully I will only be without t'interweb for a day. They have warned it could be up to 10 days though. Hoping it won't be for too long.

Mod, Group 38
Zacharius
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zacharius »

So wall people, what shall we do now?
I'll think of something trivial and amusing eventually

Asilah Bloodhowl (Group 38 Khainite)
WS:4 S:3 T:4 D:4 I:3
Equipment: Longsword, dagger, sea dragon cloak
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I for one will try to get a post up tomorrow, I am too tired now alas ...

Time for Kirael to go exploring?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Yes, I will be posting tomorrow as well. Was a cracking day in dundee so i went for a wee round of golf with the flattie and played cranium with a few friends over some drinks. Absolutely shattered just now!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi all, I appreciate some of you may have been tied up this weekend and I've held off making a Mod post as I wanted to know actions off you all first. I may not be able to get one done in the week, and next weekend is the big move. If you do all post before Wednesday I'll still have internet access so will try to do a sneaky Mod post in a lunchbreak at work (if I get one, haha!). Otherwise, there's a real risk you won't see one until May. :( I'm hoping my ISP is able to make me life in my new abode sooner rather than later.

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Good luck Nightcall, I hope the move goes smoothly! Here's hoping you won't have to fix the generator in your new place, anyway :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey guys.

My latest post is kinda lame, I know. It's just, well, I'm really struggling with life at the moment, basically, it sucks, and I'm finding it really difficult to muster any sort of motivation for roleplaying (or indeed, much of anything) at the moment.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Hey MG,

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I don't want to ask to much into depth nor discuss your business publicly but I strongly recommend that you mention these feelings with your GP. It's perfectly normal to have feelings like this and they really can do a lot to help. If you'd like to speak more in depth, don't hesitate to contact me with a PM as I'm very available to listen! Hope you feel better soon!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4