New Group?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: New Group?

Post by Drainial »

Callison I really don't think I can take that name seriously :D

Anyway here is my character, I am happy to amend if needs be. I can't recall whether any of you were in the TAU that I ran several years ago (transmutation most foul) but this is the younger self of the hag priestess seen in that game (which must mean she survives, right? :lol: )

Name: Se'alara
Sex: Female
Height:5'9”
Weight:9 stone (quite slender though not absurdly so)
Class: Khainite

Statistics: WS-5 (Khainites will be Khainites)
S-3 (Stronger than she looks though training but nothing special)
T-2 (Rather frail, that's witch elves for you)
D-4 (nimble and agile enough for most, temple training is diverse)
I-4 (Very intelligent academically but with some serious areas of ignorance)

Equipment: Two daggers (Dusk and Dawn). Each about 18” in length.

Skills: Two Weapon Fighting
: Evasion
Note- 3EP traded for SP

Appearance: As you would expect from a young witch elf, or indeed from most young elves, Se'alara is more than passingly pretty with the usual alabaster skin and high cheekbones of a well born Druchii. She also possesses the tightly wound body of a fighter with very little in the way of excess fat. Her hair is red, the dark red of ox blood freshly spilled, and she habitually wears it up when trouble is expected. If she is ever seen with her hair down it means she is very relaxed indeed, not a common occurrence.

Knowing that by the rules of Khaine and her order a witch elf is to face battle clothed only in the protection of her faith Se'alara wears a simple breast band and loin cloth of black silk. When outside of battle she covers this with a simple white hooded robe of quilted silk so that she does not freeze to death. The sigil of the temple of Bloody Joy is sewn discreetly onto the front and is the only remarkable thing about her clothing.

When not wearing her robe (I.E when in combat) one may also notice a tattoo on her upper left arm. It is of a single golden rose surrounded by black thorns. Far from being simple ornament it is as it were a magical scorecard reflecting the number of kills she has to her name (see background).

Weapons: Se'alara caries two daggers each about 18 inches long and with a straight blade rather than usual curved Druchii designs. One has a hilt bound in black leather, the other in red. They are unremarkable to the uninitiated but are of great personal value to Se'alara.

Background: Born into a distinguished though far from noble family of tailors and other craftsmen of local repute Se'alara had a more comfortable upbringing than many in the Land of Chill, which is not to say she did not endure her fair share of beatings and school yard fights. From an early age however she showed evidence of great faith in Khaine, the one true god of all Druchii. At the age of 45 she was formally admitted into the temple of Hag Grief as an initiate and progressed well enough in combat classes but where she truly excelled was the subject of theology, quickly mastering all of the basic principles. Acknowledging that she had the potential to become a theologian of note at the age of 90 she was sent along with a party of other hopefuls to the isolated Temple of Bloody Joy on the plain of Spiders. It was a place of holy sanctity far away from the mundane troubles that often mire the church. A breeding ground for the future intellectual leaders of the temple.

As a neophyte Se'alara learned much there and shortly after attaining her century began the long series of tests to make the leap from Neophyte to full Witch elf. Always stringent these tests were far more so at the TOBJ with written and oral exams on politics, history, scripture and philosophy along with tests of physical skill and endurance. But Khaine is not a scholars god and after 14 years of tests one still remained, the greatest of them. To leave the temple clad only in faith and return with proof that she had been blessed by Khaine. The traditional proof of such blessing being one hundred 'worthy' kills. To this end she received the golden rose, a tatoo fed by the souls of those whose lives Se'alara took. The first rose was free, only when she had 101 would she be allowed to return and join her sisters in the temple again. To help her on her task she was given two plain daggers, a warm robe and passage on a supply caravan back to the relative civilisation of Hag Grief. From there she would have to make her own way in the world, and find worthy lives to take.

Personality: Although intense in her faith Se'alara is not a fanatic nor more than usually aggressive for a dark elf. She is very well educated but has been somewhat sheltered from the realities of life for the last few decades, two things which have unfortunately given her something of a superiority complex. She hates to admit when she does not know something and when such occasions arise is likely to try to bluff her way through rather than ask for clarification. Although she does not view herself as a leader as such she often has very strong opinions as to the proper course of action and will rarely keep them to herself, a trait which did not earn her a great many friends in the temple. Although often irritating and cold on the surface Se'alara is also possessed of a lively (occasionally deadly) sense of humour particularity when practical jokes are involved.

IC ambitions: To obtain 100 worthy kills and the company of those who will help her get them. She also seeks to better understand the will of Khaine though I can't see that coming up very much.

OOC ambitions: To improve her combat abilities specifically by learning Suithenlu Khythan. Also to expand her collection of weaponry
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

You're welcome to try, Drainial. I've disliked Khainites for well over a decade now! My DE armies tend to be strictly non-Khainite (though I do own some witches elves)... Interesting character! I'm sure she'll fit it splendidly with (some of) the cast of the RP.

Calisson, Calligator? Seriously? Could you not think of something more... serious? I would suggest giving him a different name, we can maybe use that as a nickname or something. But it's entirely up to you! I would also suggest fleshing out his background a bit, though that's up to you as well!

How tall is 1m80 in feet and inches?

Once everyone has submitted their character I will post our group in the Group topic and start a new thread for our OOC discussions, probably entitled "The Awesome Group 40 OOC thread", is that too grandiose? Once I've done that I'll start the intro post - before I write up the into post there will be a few preliminary details to sort out but all in good time. Last time I ran an RP I gave everyone a choice, to either have their character summoned to the city or have them 'just visiting' for whatever reason (you'll have to think of one). Ideally, one 'visiting' character and the rest being summoned or all being summoned.

Additionally, I make a point of doing side-quests/missions for your characters. So, if you have anything in mind for your character let me know :)

There a spot (possibly two left). Should I be asking people or...?
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
gsharm
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by gsharm »

A quick question Minigrift, which city are we starting off in? I seem to have missed you being specific and up to now I have assumed all role playing starts in Vikarh. Other than that, thanks for stepping up and modding for us, I think we're all going to have a lot of fun.
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Going by his previous RP, its a city he made up, not one of the major ones. Most groups spend a lot of time outside Vikarh anyway.

Calligator sounds like a pokemon :lol:
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The public asks, the public gets.
Calligator is now just a nickname.

Which name do you like better? Callofduty? Calamityjohn? Calocaco? ;)

Glad that it is the only part that you find awkwards.
More background aye aye, I thought small was beautiful but will do. Character post edited.

"The Awesome Group 40 OOC thread" => I first read "The Awesome Group WH 40 000 thread", :o_O: then I cleaned my glasses.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I don't like any of those names... Surely a man of your awesome intellect can think a better suited/appropriate name for a Druchii Detective?

The more background information you give me the easier it is for me to integrate your character into the RP. Also, I mentioned side-quests for your character(s), this will often involve some unresolved issue from your characters past or some such thing. For example, Grish might find a clue as to why his house and lord were wiped out and want to go investigate that. Most of my RP characters have 'unresolved issues' from their pasts - Nathra and Kayla, especially - as this gives them a reason to live.

The RP is set in the city of Everain which is situated somewhere along the eastern fringes of Naggaroth (not sure where, precisely). I was being non-specific on purpose, there's a lot of story happening and I don't want to spoil anything for you.

I'm open to suggestions for what we should call our OOC thread.

How tall is 1m80 in feet and inches?
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

5'9''
Google has converters for most metric to imperial measurements.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I'd be up for resurrecting Taldein who was in Group 39 before it dissipated.

Name: Taldein, the Draich'Arha
Sex: Male
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 215lbs

Appearance: From a distance, his white hair, bronze eyes and pale skin mark him as one touched by khaine. However, at closer distances the tones of his skin, hair and eyes all darken. In fact, face to face it can be hard to pick out his features in low lit situations. He is dressed in a simple travelling robe and carries his large draich over his shoulder. Ever close to him, the draich seems to forever cast it's shadow across Taldein's face, hence the nickname given to him, the Draich'Arha, Draich's Shadow.

Character Class: Khainite
Character Statistics: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Starting Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helment (EP1)
Starting Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)

Character Background: Taldein comes from neither humble nor extravagent beginnings. His father was a weapon's master for the nobility of Ghrond and his mother worked to heal those in the training grounds, ensuring Ghrond's regiments recovered quickly and were ever fit to fight. He looked much like his mother, dark blue-black hair and dark eyes. From an early age, Taldein took to his father's calling and took a keen interest in the blades he kept for his trade. Socially, he was quite reserved. Always brooding and seeking solace in the shadows. In fact, many muttered that he was so gloomy that the shadows seemed to follow him. Or maybe it had nothing to do with his mood. Taldein took notice in this as well. He found that sometimes, when he was alone in the dark and lit a candle, it's shadow would follow his hand. He kept this a closely guarded secret, for he knew that the druchii with the best kept secrets usually fared the best.

One day, an upstart slave managed to touch one of his father's masters, begging for release. The slave was quickly butchered by the noble's guards. The noble, in a rage, demanded the head of the slave's handler for letting such filth get so close to him. Taldein doesn't remember quite the specifics of what happened next. He remembers the flash of the great blade in the light. The sound it made as it cut through the air. The clang it made as it hit the stone. And the blood. He remembers the blood. The blood was everywhere but at the same time, clean and neat, like the wound on the now headless handler. Not a drop was on his executioner nor anyone gathered around. Taldein dreamed of the blood from that day on, in pleasure.

From childhood to when he began to be of working age, he frequently worked with his father wanting to learn more and more about weapons requiring two hands to bear. Once he was older he began to work alongside his father, training the troops of Ghrond in the use of the heavier weapon styles. His father and his pupils noticed that he was always in the shadow of his weapon when fighting. In what started initially as a joke, he came to be known as Draich'Arha amongst the training grounds, as many thought he might have well just been wielding only a draich since he liked to fight with nothing else than the largest of weapons.

Still, the dreams of blood were ever there. He slipped one evening in a night of revelry, indulgence and wine, lots of wine. He mentioned his dreams to his parents and how they came about when his father asked him why he insisted in only handling the two-handed weapons.

The next day his parents left, not saying where they were going. When they returned another day later, they told him that they had asked for guidance from the temple and deemed that they would send him on his way to Har Ganeth to train with the executioners of khaine. Initially, Taldein was taken aback, but after consideration, accepted his parents decision. Upon departing, his father presented him with the weapon that had become his namesake, the draich. If druchii kissed and bid there parent's farewell when leaving home, this is where Taldein would have done so, instead, he merely looked them over, bowed and left to begin the next chapter in his life.

12 days later on the road, wrapped up in his bedroll and safe in the shadows he knew so well, Taldein tossed about in a fitfull dream. The blood, so much blood. More than was normal for these dreams. He felt the glory of it. The exhultation. The swiftness of a clean death. Many many deaths. Amongst it all he heard and felt a voice within him. It told him not to continue to Har Ganeth. Har Ganeth would wait. He was to find his destiny elsewhere first, and bring the death to the enemies of the druchii and Khaine's subject on their own lands. And the blood continued to fill his mind and vision.

He awoke with start and found he had sweat through his bedroll. He quickly jumped out of his sodden sleeping place and stumbled towards a nearby frozen stream, his mind both racing and still befuddled from his dreams the previous night. He cracked a hole in the ice and splashed his face in an attempt to clear his head. He then started with a gasp. There staring back at him in a floating piece of ice were two bright bronze eyes and hair as white as the snow nearby. Taking this in, he went back to his campsite to gather his things. With new resolve, he turned from Har Ganeth and set off in another direction.

Character Ambition:

To kill the enemies of khaine and the druchii in their own lands. He means to do this as cleanly and swiftly as possible. He understands that the winds of ulgu follow him closely and he will use this to his advantage in fighting. He will continue adventuring until he, as he believes he will, receives a sign to end his pilgrimage and return on his journey to Har Ganeth.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Thanks Can. Was too lazy to figure it out myself and didn't think of Google...

Right, with JC in the fold I could potentially have six players - you'll recall I mentioned I had another interested party. If my friend gets back to me we'll have:

A DPS mage
A healer mage
A dual wielding khainite
A dual wielding warrior
A two-handed warrior
A two-handed khainite

I could possibly stretch myself accommodate all of you, though that will mean a lot more work for me. That's fine since I don't have much of anything else to do with my time.

Well, I'll have to wait and see if my friend gets back to me before deciding anything major. As it stands just now the group is quite imbalanced. I am unsure how we can address that.

Thoughts?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:lol: Those names were not to be taken any seriously, my previous post was edited.
Check: Other name, with intellectual explanation (Clavisson, "the son of the jail")
Check: more background (see edited post)
Check: side-quests (paparazzi in his free time) & unresolved issue from characters past (Oedipus complex about his adopted father who jailed, tortured & killed his true parents).
Check: 1.80m converted (~5'11")

OOC thread possible suggestions:
The 40 days and nights of Everain
G40OOCGLE (note: stands for Group 40 Out Of Context General Live Explanations)
UB40 o_O C thread :o_O:
Ali Baba and the 40 OOC

In which way do you wish the group to be better balanced?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, that's probably the last time I as you for suggestions. Clever but silly, just like you :roll:

Clavisson is a better name - I can at least read that without feeling the urge to palm my forehead!
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

This might get lengthy, so apologies in advance!

Jc has PM'ed me saying he didn't want to rock the boat or push the boundaries. So we have five players for the moment. Five is still going to be taxing for me.

I asked in the RP Mod forum a while back for permission to use the D.net system on another site because I was really eager to run an RP and there wasn't much call for it on D.net at the time. Long story short, the other site proved to be equally unenthusiastic. Except for one person who was positively brimming with enthusiasm for it. We got talking and we have the same favourite author (Steven Erikson). Despite knowing practically nothing of Druchii lore that person still managed to make a fairly interesting character. When you guys appointed me Mod I invited the character into the group so I'm just waiting to see if I get a response. If I don't hear back any time soon then JC would be more than welcome to the vacant spot.

I am ready to start role-playing :mrgreen:

What we'll do to start is get the four current characters 'summoned' to the city. I know I said I would give you guys a choice but this will be the easiest and quickest way of getting started. The fifth character will be the visiting party as I'll be able implement that into the story at any time, it's better and easier to have all the summoning done in a single post - I'll also need to PM each of you a copy of the letter your character will receive before I introduce your characters into the story!

Once all of you have given the go ahead to get stared, we'll get started :)

I'll need to open up an OOC thread
Move all of your characters to the Groups thread
Send each of you a PM containing the letter
Then get the first post of the RP up

Then you guys can do your introductions etc!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Minigrift wrote:Once all of you have given the go ahead to get stared, we'll get started :)
Go ahead, Mini, to wherever and beyond!
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Go ahead.

It isn't as unbalanced as you might think either. There are two damage dealing mages (one khainite has shadows) so we do have some ranged firepower that shades would normally produce (and i have a blowpipe). Besides, unbalanced groups make for greater challenge.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

By the will of Khaine let us proceed.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
kunimitsu
Corsair

Post by kunimitsu »

Hey guys, this will sound very noob of me, but where are you getting all these characters from? Is there a base you choose from or what? I played palladium games (heroes umlimited and a bunch of others) as a kid. I might be very interested to join, if it's not too late and you want another?
gsharm
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by gsharm »

Hello Kunimitsu, if you do a little exploring, you will find a very helpfull and well written guide to everything you want to know about creating a role play character here on Dnet. I'm sure one of the more computer friendly people here can post you a link to exactly the right spot.

Minigrift, I'm ready to go anytime you want. I can't wait to start, but having said that, I will be gone for the next three days on a mini vacation. When I get back I will be absolutely raring to go!
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

gsharm wrote:one of the more computer friendly people here can post you a link to exactly the right spot.
Character Creation, sticky in Board index » Legends of Darkness » Roleplay Discussion
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Okay guys. I'll be getting everything started today. Got a few things to do before I start the work but expect the first RP post up by this evening 8)