Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Group 40 OOC

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome to the Group 40 Out of Character discussion thread :D

If you haven't already done so, please read over the "RPG Rules and Introduction" at the top of the Roleplay Discussion thread!

Firstly, I'll briefly go over some of the rules of the group!

1. The most important rule: have fun!

2. Try your best to keep all OOC comments and discussion to this thread, there is an OOC thread for a reason and I suggest you use it! The odd comment in the actual RP thread is fine, but I don't want it cluttered with needless... clutter!

By all means chat, discuss, ask questions and 'clutter' the OOC thread as much as you desire - that is it's intended purpose (please try your utmost to keep it reasonable, though!).

There will be times when I will need to explain things OOC that are happening IC - in those situations I will post an OOC comment informing you to check the OOC thread!

3. I wish to keep up a steady, reasonable pace. A mod post every three days is probably too relentless a pace for some of you, but that is the ideal pace I wish to set - I won't enforce this, it's just a suggestion. However, if I can do one mod post a week at the very least, that would be appreciated ;)

If you are playing and you will be absent or otherwise unable to post, please try and inform me in advance. If you disappear without letting me know your character will start to suffer, and your absence may eventually result in their death!

4. No god-modding! Your characters every action will be decided by my expensively crafted and totally fair moderator dice! Good posts, skills, abilities and certain equipment will grant you a bonus, or even a re-roll to this dice roll.

5. Play nice! Some people are innately annoying and infuriating, however, if someone should annoy you or make you angry, don't post in anger! Please PM me instead, and I'll try and sort any disputes that might arise. We are all friends here so I don't expect any major disputes!

It's okay for your character to be angry/suicidal/idiotic/innately annoying and infuriating etc... But I expect a certain amount of common sense from the players themselves ;)

Alrighty then! Think that's the basics covered, if you feel I have missed anything, please let me know as nicely as possible!

The Players and characters: (so far)

gsharm - Grish Greyram: Warrior
Cananatra - Valin: Mage
Calisson - Clavisson: Mage
Drainial - Se'alara: Khainite
Jcitalia4 - Taldein the Draich'Arha: Khainite

Do you guys have second names for your characters?
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Cananatra »

No second name. Valin is Valin.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

In a past life Se'alara would have had a second name but since being dedicated to the temple such things have been forgotten.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

A second name isn't a necessity, was just curious more than anything else!

And the RP has begun!

I've sent each of you (except Jc) a PM with the letter I mentioned. I did Taldein first as what the guard says to him gives you guys a clue as to what's going on in the city. Each character also got a Toughness test to see if the portal would make them sick or not :twisted:

Please have a looksee over the rules in the first post if not done so already. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Are you following the same story you had in your last RP?
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Minigrift wrote:Do you guys have second names for your characters?
What's the nickname of the light bringer? Luci Fer, in Latin? :twisted:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Lucifer is the Anglicisation of lucíferum which means morning star in latin.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Kept the post the same because it was initial reaction to the scenario previously, don't want insight to change things. Who knows, maybe it'll work this time?

PS: If this is the same storyline, I humbly request the part we left it off at is trimmed a bit (don't want to say what it was as a spoiler)?
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Yes, Cananatra, I'm using the same premise for my RP. Are you familiar with it?

Mod post up ;)

Don't forget to add your characters information to your signature if you haven't done so already - I'll make an exception for Calisson since he's special !lol!

Don't forget to add the Drachau's note to your inventory as well, if applicable.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I'll get a post up later today and add in my inventory then.

And yes, I read the first post of your other RP and when I saw this one I noticed it was tegh same.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It's going to largely the same as last time since it's the same story I'm running.

I'm going to mix things up a bit so it's not exactly the same as last time - got to think of (random) events for five people this time round, instead of just three. I try to keep things as interesting as possible for you guys. You've had it easy so far :twisted:

Okay, I'm in the mood for some writing and I would like to get a mod post done this evening at some point. If not, then I'll have to settle for doing one over the weekend - assuming, of course, that you guys will let me :roll:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Are we encouraged/supposed to read Gr39, or would you rather not?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

You know since we're all separate atm you can always just write modposts for those who've posted if you really have an itch to modpost.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Don't read G39! It might spoil some things for you...

Good idea, Cananatra. Last time I did 'Mini mod posts' from time to time as I need(ed) all the characters to be roughly at the same place at the same time. It's not really a good time for that at the moment, though. I'll just have to be patient for gsharm and Jc to post.

Without giving anything away (hopefully), Taldein, for example, is 'behind' the other players in relation to the story. So, boosting the other players forward would put him even further behind. Everything worked out fine last time and I'm confident I can do it again!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Mini, I second Cananatra
It is technically possible at the moment, as we are all separate, you can bespoke the modposts.
You need not to boost forwards the quick posters, but you could rather select to keep them busy with a quick side story which would not delay them too much.
When they show up, you would speed up the slow posters to catch up with an uneventful trip - or bump to the place where the quick poster has gotten himself in trouble...
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No need to "@" me, Calisson, you're not writing me an email! Don't speak "at" me, speak "to" me ;)

Aye, it is possible. When Taldein enters the city, that's when everything is supposed to start getting... messy. But I see your point and I do want to do some writing...

I'll get a mod post up shortly 8)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Shall I do another mod post for the two of you?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

(to) Minigrift
At present, I have time for (short) posts at least once a day. More wouln't be reasonable, after all, I'm supposed to work sometimes...
I'd assume the slower posters would not be offended to see that some of us get more involved, where it hurts nobody.
Up to you, you're the mod.
gsharm
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by gsharm »

Sorry for holding everyone up! I'll get writing and try to be a little faster after the mod posts. ;)
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No worries, gsharm, just post when you can, can't ask for more than that ;)

I'm fairly easy for when I can do posts - if you feel like you want or need a mini mod post you can always ask. Perhaps, one big mod post every week and we/I can do smaller posts/mod posts in between. It's a steady pace and still allows for extra worship for the quick posters - maybe limit it to one each or something, so I'm not constantly writing mod posts...

That sound decent?

Jc, I hope you don't mind if Taldein follows more of less the same path as last time. Will try and mix things up a bit, though, so it's not exactly the same for you.

Oh, appreciate it, Calisson!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

hey sorry, been away in perth and net went down on me while there so couldn't give the heads up I was heading back to san fran for my bro's wedding for the weekend. Ill put something up this evening, more or less along the same lines as requested.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No worries, Jc, you're back now. And to stay, I hope, can't have you being cruel again - cruel because you left us without you for so long!

Anyway chaps, mod post is up ;)
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

As is Valin's reply.
I like how both our characters want to quiz the zombies calisson.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I love your mad scientist character.

Probably I should have Clavisson investigate less the symptoms, which are in your character's field of expertise, and more the plot.
I'll try to adjust him in the future to be less scientific and more administrative & legalistic.
gsharm
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by gsharm »

I like the action so far! Just to keep everyone informed, I will be traveling from Saturday until Tuesday so it will be unlikely I'll post during that time. I will post on Tuesday if there's a mod post up by then. I think we're setting a good pace now and I don't want to slow things down if I can avoid it.
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain