Group 40 - Witch Hunt

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Re: Group 40 - A City in Chaos

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Taldein stood fixed in his place, draich still at the ready staring into the space that moments before had been occupied by an odd portal through which the mysterious figure had disappeared. He could still feel the blood flowing through his veins in excess, a lasting effect of his recent exertion. Nothing else remained but silence and the neglected temple furnishings.

A voice spoke and Taldein turned swiftly at the ready, thinking his adversary had reappeared. Walk in blood, spoke the voice. As his eyes registered were the voice had come from, he saw that it was not the strange albino creature, but a female druchii. Hair the color of blood, a grim tattoo on her arm and the her demeanor told Taldein that she was likely a Bride of Khaine.

Might I ask where are your fellows?, she spoke. Taldein took a second to answer, as thought he usually takes a moment to reflect on what to say, this question puzzled him. Fellows?, he paused. I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean. In many ways, I've only just arrived.. Taking a second he looked about and replaced his draich to his shoulder, sensing this elf to not be an immediate threat. He touched one of the rivets that would normally have been flowing with blood. The old dried blood flaked and dusted away when he rubbed his fingers afterwards. Who are you? What has happened here?

Conversating
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"In many ways I have only just arrived," the stranger said, amongst other things. He was not a resident then; indeed he seemed as confused as she if not more so.

"My name is Se'alara. I am a neophyte of the Temple of Bloody joy," any devotee of Khaine ought to have heard that name even if it was known little amongst the general public

"As to what is going on I had hoped you might tell me. It appears that some terrible plague has struck the city, perhaps spread or caused by mutated beasts of considerable size and great ferocity. As to this place," sensing that he was no immediate threat Se'alara sheathed her daggers and waved one hand as if to encompass the entire space

"I suspect the guardians are either dead or gone; taken by the plague or fighting its victims. Perhaps we will find others still cleansing the streets or gathered at the city hall. By all accounts the Drachau still lives and what life there is still in this benighted township is clustered there."

As she talked Se'alara began to explore the place, her eyes running over weapons, walls, scriptures. She looked for nothing in particular which meant that she observed everything. Finally she wound up in front of the large statue, it was fascinating to see how artists interpreted Khaine's many faces

"If you are not of this temple brother, what is your purpose here?" she tried to keep any threat out of this last question but his answer would matter a great deal. If that Draich had been ripped from the walls by a looter this temple would see fresh blood flowing all the sooner.

Conversing and looking around the room. She is looking for anything valuable or of religious significance, not necessarily to take but to ensure that it is secure and safe. She is also looking for other chambers, stair cases or corridors. Finally she is interested to know which aspect of Khaine is the object of the statue
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

My name is Se'alara. I am a neophyte of the Temple of Bloody joy, the maibd spoke. As to what is going on I had hoped you might tell me. It appears that some terrible plague has struck the city, perhaps spread or caused by mutated beasts of considerable size and great ferocity. As to this place, I suspect the guardians are either dead or gone; taken by the plague or fighting its victims. Perhaps we will find others still cleansing the streets or gathered at the city hall. By all accounts the Drachau still lives and what life there is still in this benighted township is clustered there. She paused before continueing, If you are not of this temple brother, what is your purpose here?

Taldein's ears twitched at the hidden threat in the last question, appropriate that it may be. He gathered his thoughts, as was his style, before responding. Looking about, he nodded his head. Yes, I believe you are right. Something fel is at work here. , he said. I am Taldein of Ghrond. I was sometimes called the Draich'arha but I don't expect the title to linger outside that city's gates. I was on my way to Har Ganeth to join the temple as a neophyte before i was..., he paused, his hand unconsciously moved towards his bronzed eyes ...redirected.

I suppose we should investigate why the blood no longer flows in this temple., the thoughts of the rivets, flowing with blood gave Taldein an uncharacteristic thrill of excitement which he fought to quell in himself. Forgive me, as I said, I am unfamiliar with many of the customs. I'll follow your lead.

Joining se'alara in her search and conversating
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Draich'arha, shadow of the killing blow; mercy, vengeance, art. It was a name such as a child at play might give himself or a great champion might earn. Which this elf was she could not yet be sure. If he was not yet inducted into the temple it was unlikely that he was a champion yet but then Poisonblade had carried the name long before he was the killer he became. At least the elf seemed to have proper priorities and a little courtesy, that would be enough for now. She was still not clear why he was in the temple but then she had no better reason herself. In any event recent experience told her that travelling in this town was easier as a duo.

“The fountains have stopped because there have been no fresh sacrifices, that much is clear. I was on my way to see the Drachau before, this gives me another reason to seek out the city hall. If you wish to accompany me the journey may go more smoothly, Perhaps you will tell me how you acquired such a name?”

Suggesting that they get started towards the city hall together.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Zarathi searched the house quickly and thoroughly for anything of use. While she didn't exactly find any treasure she did find many objects that she could put to use. In the kitchen she found many knives - bread knives, cheese knives, butter knives, meat knives - knives of all sizes and varieties. Though they weren't intended as weapons they could most definitely be used as such. Upstairs, the bedroom had been already been looted extensively but that didn't stop the shade from having a good nosey about. She didn't find anything noteworthy until her woman's intuition kicked in. Any lady of at least a modicum of good sense would have a private cache hidden away somewhere, Zarathi's eyes instinctively looked towards the upturned dresser. The bottom draw looked as if it had a concealed compartment and with the aid of a knife Zarathi worked it open. Inside were two small boxes; one bedecked in sparkling gems which was obviously a lady's make-up kit, and a larger box, a plain but intricately made sewing kit.

Happy that she had found something interesting the shade made ready to continue her journey. The view outside was just as dark and grim as before, tumultuous black clouds swirled in the skies and the relentless, unceasing rain pounded a subtle drum-beat. But the streets in the immediate vicinity looked empty and still. It was an easy jump to the road and Zarathi was soon heading to the city hall once more.

Meanwhile the two mages, both utterly soaked, were busy introducing themselves. Seth listened in on the brief but exciting conversation, letting out a sigh at the mention of plague-ridden, undead rats; to the guards it was just another horror heaped onto the city. He introduced himself and Auxiliary Inquisitor Clavisson to Valin after a tirade of rat-obsessive monologue. Seth seemed content to lead at a slightly easier pace while the two mages discussed the current situation.

Thankfully the streets seemed deserted of crazed citizens or undead rats, there was also a distinct absence of larger monstrosities; a fact for which everyone was glad, with the possible exception of Valin. The spire of the city hall grew incrementally as the group continued along the western road.

Not so deep in the Temple of Khaine, Se'alara and Taldein, the Draich'arha were also making introductions. Though they worshiped the same deity it seemed each Khainite was unsure of the other. There really wasn't to explore in the single cavernous chamber, the weapons on display were mostly ornamental but the occasional gift of fealty was also on offer - on the racks they would stay, it being unwise to borrow offerings to the God of murder for any reason, no matter how wanting.

Taldein wished to explore why the blood was no longer fresh though he would follow Se'alara's lead for the moment. The Acolyte had more pressing concerns and an appointment to keep, she did not wish to linger more than deemed necessary. Se'alara had described a place of sanctuary and made plain her intentions to get there. Not having a lot of options Taldein followed as Se'alara led him outside into the pelting rain. To the right was a pile of dismembered corpses surrounded by guards 'cleaning' up the mess. To the left, at the end of the street, the giants spear of the city hall rose into the storm

At long last the adventurers were due to arrive at the city hall. None knew why they had been summoned, and they were equally oblivious as to what was really going on in the city of Everain. A plague had swept across the countryside from the east and had infected the majority of the cursed city's citizens, unfortunately the plague had not stopped there. Wherever signs of life were evident the plague bloomed virulently. Stranger still, exotic and unknown creatures lurked the city streets killing or feasting with a ferocity born of primal instincts.

Shielding herself from the rain as best she could, Zarathi had turned a few corners and traversed a few streets in the gloom. At long last the shade encroached upon her destination. The road northward led directly to the city hall, situated at the back of a large circular courtyard. Commotion, from the south, a sudden shattering whipped her attention towards it.

More victims. Dressed in the parody of clothing befitting a slave or a prisoner but equally as foul and decrepit looking as the more fashionably dressed zombies of Everains' fractured nobility. Dozens of them appeared from the darkness in the south, erupting from the shadows like impatient vipers. Zarathi very quickly realized she would have no chance fighting the once-slaves and had to make a run for it - directly to the city hall.

Erstwhile, Seth had led the two mages to the western side of the courtyard. On their labourious trek the guard had been able to decipher that Valin also had an appointment with the Drachua and wished both the mages good luck before leaving to return to his duties. The mages approached the massive circular courtyard that was the centre of Everain. The courtyard was four hundred paces in diameter, with near identical buildings opposite each other and facing the centre. Only the largest of these buildings had a spire, which marked the very centre of the city. This, the city hall, was silhouetted by a barely perceptible glowing nimbus.

Heading south-east from the temple the two khainites eventually discovered the main route to the city hall, which led east past the rear of a mostly intact warehouse. They crossed the street and entered the courtyard next to one of the buildings, situated on their left. It was unclear what purpose the building had, but logic assured Se'alara (and Taldein) that only the four most important buildings of the city - barring the temple of their craving God, which was conspicuously not among them - would be built at it's centre.

The patter of shuffling feet diverted the khainites attention from scrutinizing the buildings too closely. Glancing round they saw a lightly armoured figure armed with a shortsword and buckler charging into the courtyard. Given different circumstances they might well have laughed at the ignominious sight of a fully grown Druchii fleeing for her life, until, moments later, a vast horde of the deranged citizens they had become intriguingly familiar with followed the pair. Se'alara and Taldein exchanged identical expressions of disbelief before simultaneously concluding the sensible option of running for their Khaine-damned lives!

The horrific tumult of echoing moans and the sounds of legions of shuffling feet alerted the mages, whose vision was blocked by an intervening building, to the presence of the undead horde just around the corner. Within moments three figures, two females and a man, entered the mages field of vision as they ran across the centre of the courtyard. Valin and Clavisson, upon finally seeing from what the three Druchii fled from, and towards, joined them in their flight to the ornate double-doors of the city hall.

Doors which swung ominously open and out onto the landing strode a giant of a woman. She was huge; not huge in the way of an abundance of fat or folds of flesh, but rather, huge in the way of steel hard, bulging muscle. As tall as Taldein and as broad as any Orc Big 'Un, she was dressed in meteoric steel armour; cuirass, greaves, gauntlets, kilt and a corinthian style helmet. With a single hand she swung from her back a great-sword fully six foot in length and, with a sinister glint in her ocean-blue eyes, surveyed the sweeping mass of zombies chasing the five adventurers to the steps of the hall.

"Get inside. All of you!" As the five of them clambered up the stairs the warrior-woman stepped forward and ushered them inside, she quelled any notion of a heckle with a glare that would freeze a Bloodthirster. Once the group was safely in the confines of the candlelit hall the doors pounded shut with a near deafening Boom!

The hallway was that of any hall, large and spacious, with vaulted arches holding aloft the lattice-worked mosaic ceiling. Chandeliers ensconced at various intervals illuminated the vast chamber. Away at the other end of the room stood, almost like a diorama, four people. They stood around a tall table festooned with maps, compasses and markers of various descriptions

One figure stood at the very back, his posture lazy, his pure-white eyes glowed intensely as he smiled a diabolical welcome to the group - all of the adventurers knew of him; the albino assassin. To the left of the stage stood the tall, full-figured sorceress, her 'modest attire' left practically nothing to the imagination. An arch, playful smile tinted her sensuous lips and a finger suggesting illicit happenings was pressed against them.

On the far right stood another lady, where the flirty one was practically overwhelming in her choice of attire and demeanour, this lady held nothing but malice in the dark, almost black eyes. The cause of her anger was clearly evident, for she appeared to be only half a woman. A white, porcelain mask covered the entire right side of her face and the costume continued down over her breast down to her thigh, her entire right side was much diminished. Whilst the scarring and ugliness of that side was fully covered, the other half of her was flawless and perfect, almost a mirrored copy of her porcelain dress.

The last figure was much shorter than the other three, she stood centre stage. Appropriately dressed for one of royal stature, her black clothing flowed about her with majestic grace, concealing the flesh but not hiding it's shapely figure. Her hair was styled in the current fashion for Druchii nobility and framed her beautiful face and emerald green eyes, accentuating both. She did not bare the resemblant patronising sneer that generally marked the misanthropic higher class of dark elven citizenry, if anything, there seemed a distinct lack of any superior aura about her. Most surprising was her age, and the group could guess that she was no older than one hundred and forty or fifty years old. Other than age and beauty, there seemed nothing at all remarkable about this mysterious figure.

The Drachua took a single step forward, eyeing each of the group with a penetrating glare. "Welcome."

Zarathi
+ 4 knives, sewing kit, jeweled tin

Clavisson
+ guard's pendant, throwing dagger

Zarathi was lucky with her loot roles. She can take as many knives as she can comfortably carry (one of each, or a mix).

Everyone has finally reached the city hall and met the Drachau.

Only Clavisson and Valin are able to discern the faint glowing nimbus.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

She had heard many stories about the palaces of nobility and now they were all returning to her.

There was a tale about a poor fisherman who wanted to count all the riches of his landlord. He sneaked inside through the kitchen and went unnoticed through a few corridors, but when he arrived in the bedroom, he was so struck by its beauty that he remained there, staring in awe, until he was found. The landlord felt generous that day, let him see the rest of his estate, too, and then released him unpunished. The glaring beauty of all the riches was too much for the fisherman's eyes, however, and after he had left the residence, he was never able to see again.

There were horror stories about elves who were dragged or lured into a palace and used for the owner's entertainment. They were never seen again and nobody could tell if they are still alive at all - if not for the screams that fled from within the thick walls. But on the other hand, there were also legends about heroes who earned generous rewards for their faithful services and who sometimes even managed to rise to nobility themselves.

There was a yarn about a mighty sorceress, her crystal castle and lazy housemaid. The servant left a fingerprint on the shiny surface of a wall and did not polish it right away, thinking that her mistress can never notice such a small smudge. But the sorceress really loved her spotless bright palace and could feel the offence without having to see it with eyes. To teach the maid about cleanness, she turned her into a crystal statue which would never stain her palace again.

And now, amidst all these stories stood Zarathi, still slightly winded from the last stampede, with clothes creased and hair ruffled in a sweat, her eyes wide open from the magnificence of the entrance hall. What more, four elves were walking besides her and each one of them seemed to have far more confidence than she herself was feeling - and before them, a group of important druchii was watching their arrival. She adjusted her clothes to look a bit cleaner at least, forced her eyes to look forward and straightened her back to appear proud and strong.

The drachau greeted them and Zarathi hesitated for a while, not sure what response would be appropriate. Once the ruler's eyes met her, however, she immediately fell on one knee and respectfully lowered her eyes.

“At your service, my lady,” she said. “It is an honour.”

Her accent showed that she never received a proper education. She was kneeling and waiting what would happen next.

Zarathi kneels before the drachau and answers respectfully to her greeting. She is making conscious effort to look good, someone attentive can notice it (surely Clavisson; the NPCs can see her better and so have better chance).
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Dead, really quite a lot of dead, the word horde came to mind. Maybe they weren't dead, diseased or some such but frankly when there were scores of the bastards running at you the physical technicalities gave way to the sheer animal instinct to run. On the plus side aspirant Taldien had chosen to accompany her, his progress could be interesting assuming that A they lived and B whatever the Drachau wanted of her would allow him to accompany her.

It was fortunate that with their rotted limbs and odd gait she was at least faster than the afflicted, as were several other elves who seemed to be heading for the spire alongside her. Quite where they had come from Se'alalra was not sure but it did not really matter. Thankfully the closed gates opened as they approached and a large steel clad warrior barked at them to get inside. The nimble Khainite needed no urging at before long she was standing before the Drachau of Evarin and her inner circle.

They were a strange bunch, female but for the Vauvalka assasin. A sorceress slut flaunting her body to the icy air; a half crippled maiden almost carved out of alabaster, the beast of a warrior and the Drachau herself. She was not clad in war gear as Se'alara had expected of a Drachau in what was clearly an emergency but rather in regal robes. She was pretty, rich, well dressed and presumably well schooled but Se'alara saw little else to recommend the elf. Indeed her fellows seemed rather more formidable, but for all her youth and lack of obvious power she was the dread lady of Evarin so presumably she had some hidden talents. That or her father had just died leaving her heir. In any case she was Drachau which meant that a modicum of respect was in order.

Dipping a curtsy, not quite so low as for a Hag priestess but low enough she hoped to satisfy the ruler of a pathetic little burg like this. She noted another female (few males seemed to have survived this holocaust, odd that) going rather further and dropping to one knee. Perhaps that was appropriate for she realised she had little knowledge of the social rank of those she was suddenly associated with. A glance sideways revealed two robed elves, the roughly dressed kneeler and of course her fellow Khainite. Certainly there was no one she trusted to speak more than herself.

Rising from her curtsy Se'alara looked towards the young High born and said
“I thank you for your welcome but would welcome more an explanation. Why have you sent for me my lady?”

Ask the above question, namely what is going on?

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The rain became more piercing as the three elves were getting closer to the spire of the city, their goal. Arriving at the courtyard, Seth the guard left the two hooded elves to walk the short distance, and disappeared as the two companions stopped to get a better look at the monumental buildings. The glow of the nimbus on top of the city hall seemed unnatural to the Hysh mage, leaving an unpleasant feeling.

The detective took inner note:

Code: Select all

To investigate: City Hall topped with magic.

Anyway, they were close to their goal, and the discussion could resume.
When Clavisson asked his new companion from where the infected rats would be coming from, the rat hunter looked behind him, rose a finger, and froze on the spot.
The detective stopped as well, and looked. There was nothing to be seen. But something abnormal could be heard.

Surpassing the sound of the rain, the horrific tumult of echoing moans and the sounds of legions of shuffling feet suggested no less than a horde of those undead creatures they had fought recently.
Three elves appeared from behind the street corner, obviously fleeing for their lives. Together, the five of them could hope to repel a reasonable group of these slow creatures. But even the perspective of reinforcement did not slow the pace of the running ones. The threat was bound to be serious.
Within seconds, the aggressors appeared. One, two, three, five, twelve, more, many, scores.
No fancy chance to take indeed, to run for life was the obvious single alternative to certain, wasteful death.

Running together, they crossed the large courtyard. The city hall's door convenient opening offered a safe escape, which all of them took gratefully, especially with the unnecessary injonction coming from an authoritative muscular female warrior, who could easily claim to be the drachau's personal champion.

-=-=-

The doors closed loudly, then everything became still and the adventurers slowed down as they climbed the stairway.
The hallway was lit by a multitude of chandeliers, contrasting with the dark night.
The soaked newcomers left ponds of water behind them, their shoes making heard each single step distinctively, now that the zombie horde and the rain fall noise had been replaced by an oppressing silence.

Four dignitaries were standing around a table. It seemed like they were waiting for the arrival of the group.
The albino assassin and the scarcely clothed supreme sorceress were already known by the detective. He allowed his eyes to imperceptibly half blink towards the sorceress, she sure would perceive and appreciate this mark of interest - while the other ones would probably not notice at all.
A half white, half dark female lord wore intriguing clothes and half a mask. She seemed willing to hide her diminished half - and to let nobody wonder aloud and survive.

Encountered: Drachau's court.
One female warrior.
One high sorceress.
One assassin (or seemingly) master of teleport.
One noble lady with diminished half.

A smaller figure showed all signs, clothing and attitude, to be the drachau. The detective wondered how such a personality, too young and showing no trait of arrogance and ambition, could have survived more than a single day as a drachau, especially when each single member of her court seemed to be able to overcome her so easily. Then he recalled how all the guards expressed their limitless devotion to their drachau. That girl might have come to power due to other people's intrigues and compromise between rival factions hoping to control her. But she probably had done since so much for her people that she had won their love, as odd as it seemed for a Druchii drachau.

Encountered: Drachau.
Her authority seems not driven from age or ambition.
Her attitude correlates with her people's love.

The drachau looked at each of them, and told simply "Welcome."
Any formal etiquette knowledge that Clavisson had gathered came from years at the jail house, where occasional visit from highborns inspired distinctive attitude even from the highest ranking Black Guards. He had been told that nobody speaks to a drachau before being formally invited to do so. Which he never saw happening since.
Perhaps this gentle lady would tolerate an easier discussion. This would be seen very soon as some rmembers of the group started to reply.

Clavisson just took his hood off and bowed silently, head lower than the drachau's chin.
He would remain in that highly respectful position until receiving some sign that it was appropriate to do so.

Bowing.

Inventory: Drachau's note - 1 amulet - diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Skills: Power of Hysh (1), Urban Lore
Class: Mage (Light)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

The Horde was relatively interesting in that it proved once and for all that some form of guiding or overarching principle was behind the actions of the undead. It might be simple commands but they were well chosen. As the other elves fled past him Valin came back to himself and decided that perhaps running would once again be a good idea. He’d been getting a lot of practice recently at running and the thought had occurred to him that perhaps he should build up his endurance as a matter of course. Running slightly behind the others he passed through the door though turned to look as it slammed closed, the horde didn’t seem to be slowing.

The interior was immaterial as far as Valin was concerned after he’d realised it was fairly solid. The welcoming party consisted of five apparently important druchii. The guard who had let them in didn’t seem very important to Valin. Guards where useful to stop people stabbing other people, mainly him, but that was about it. A scantly clad sorceress was playing silly buggers with her looks, but since he was relatively sure she didn’t practice life magic he dismissed her after having a decent look of course. Some immaterial courtier was also standing around. She was interesting with persistent scars which he might try and heal some time but for now there was more interesting matters. The last, ignoring the assassin, person in the room was no doubt the drachau.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see the others making various gestures of respect so he nodded briefly to her before launching into what he needed to say. “This plague is clearly unnatural in origin. The decay is very specific targeting parts of the infected brains in order to create necrotic pathways which induce the desired behaviour pathways. Regenerating the damage reverts the behaviour to that of the original pre-infected individual. In rats anyway. If it had been a random degradation you’d end up with elves hunting for pink maticores and painting their houses orange rather than all doing the same thing.”
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

The witch elf discerned that there was nothing of interest in this poor excuse for a temple. Taldein felt a disappointment at learning that this city didn't take it's offerings seriously. Where blood doesn't flow, a call beckons for it to do so. Though probably not in the manner the city would like.

He decided to follow the elf to the Drachau's summons. Whatever the reason he was sent to the city, he clearly wasn't going to get any more answers sitting in the shrine. Perhaps he was supposed to meet the bride?

The main square was a macabre scene. They hurried away from any of the fighting and were ushered into the palace by a beast of a woman. Some might find her pretty, Taldein did not. There was something unnatural about a female fighter being anything but the lithe and quick type.

The interior of the keep was as standard as any royal lodging as he has ever scene, with the opulence expected of a drachau's station. The figures at the end of the hallways were motley crew. The assassin he recognized further reinforcing in his mind he was on the right path. The drachau herself was a diminutive figure compared to what he expected. A woman of sadistic appearance also flanked the drachau along with what was likely her personal sorceress.

There stood a number of other strangers, likely all received similar summons in the area. He knew not who had arrived first or not, but not that it mattered. Alongside himself and the witch elf, there was a well built shade of average height. Her noble face not quite matching her robust and muscled body but it worked it its own way. She tucked was tucking away a loose bit of brown hair in her headband, obviously loosened in whatever adventures she had to take to get here. A brown-robed elf of shorter stature stood brooding. Taldein couldnt tell if he was conteplating something or if it was just a natural look because of his heavy brown. Taldein's witch sight also noticed a flicker of green wisp about the character, telling that the winds blew with him. A mage most likely, but he knew to keep his assumptions to himself.

A cloaked figure stood at the side leaning against a pillar. His face mostly hidden by his hood, outwith white hair hung. He appeared to be a keen observer, taking mental notes of everything going on around him, his crystal crested staff gripped loosely. A white shimmer blew across him. Two mages. A comforting fact indeed. Taldein didn't feel so out of place.

Taldein never being one to attract attention, stood at the back in the shadows, where he was most comfortable. The others directed their greetings and questions to the drachau. He would observe and see what was to happen next.

Taking stock and listening
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Now that they were safely within the confines of the shadowy lit hall and had recovered somewhat from the embarrassment of having to flee for their lives, the five adventurers could better appreciate the décor of the carpeted hall. As the Drachau stepped forth to greet them the stage became all too clear. A table stood at the centre, even from their vantage point from down the stairs and across the hall they could see maps and charts covering the table’s length. The Drachau and her council had been busy.

Two full-blooded, overgrown wolves appeared from the shadows and, flanking the woman standing to the right, sat on their haunches. The wolves’ silhouettes were opaque and their glimmering eyes glowed like tiny suns. The woman casually tussled one of the wolves wintry fur as it sat beside her, the laboriously-crafted artificers dressings flowed as smoothly with the movements as if they were living flesh.

The Drachua flashed a smirk at Zarathi and nodded to Se'alara as she requested an explanation. Valin spoke up with a potentially accurate theory of the plague which the beautiful Drachau listened to patiently, not once showing any sign of irritation.

“You are not here to spout your theories…” It was the scantily clad sorceress who spoke, her sultry tones did nothing to hide the obvious scorn in her voice.

The Drachau stamped her foot in anger, her serene face momentarily flaring with rage. “Silence, Modrane, you are spoiling the scene.”

Though she actually managed to look abashed, a flash in her lavender eyes belied her true feelings. “Apologies, Mistress, I shall… behave.”

The ‘Mistress’ quickly regained her composure. "Unnatural in origin, how very perceptive of you, Valin. The world would be a very dull place if we all did the same thing." She then smiled, baring her fangs, her whole face changed into something fierce and cunning, her emerald green eyes sparkled with predatory intelligence. "We are perfectly safe in this sanctuary, my Vaulkhar stands guard outside - enjoying herself, no doubt."

The Drachau walked sedately down the small flight of stairs and approached the group, she stopped three sword lengths from the assembled adventurers - the Hithuan custom dictated she step no closer. Eyeing the group of weary adventurers in turn, her intense stare penetrated into their souls.

“Each of you are here at my behest – even you, Taldein – and you are here for a purpose. Several, actually. You are expedient and not expendable. If I wanted miscreants and malcontents, well, I have a whole city full of those. If you look to your left you will see a pedestal, on this there are eight pendants, which, by no small amount of effort and expenditure on my part, I have crafted for my new… friends. These are wards against the plague and will serve as your Hadrilkar whilst you remain in my service. Please take one and wear it with pride.”

These pendants were obviously crafted by a fine metalsmith, the carvings and detail were impeccable. They were certainly of a finer ilk than the 'standard issue' ones the city guard had received.

Your characters have been instructed to take a pendant each. Take one (don't forget to add it to your inventories). Mistress may also answer any questions your characters might have.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well she certainly didn't beat around the bush, not thirty seconds in the door and the Drachau was already offering them trinkets in exchange for loyal and unspecified service. Well offering was probably not the right word, more demanding. The aristocracy could be like that, blithely assuming that anyone lower born than they would instantly fall about to what ever task they set. Their sense of entitlement was understandable but that did not make it so. As for not being expendable, well Se'alara could see that, she could not speak for these others she was suddenly lumbered with but she had some skills that would make her useful. Besides for all the Drachau's claims of having a city full of miscreants and thugs all Se'alara had seen was a city of the dead.

The offer of protection from the plague was tempting but the feel of the guard's pendant wrapped around her waist and out of sight lessened her anxiety on that score.

"You would have us in your service, I am certain you have your reasons for having brought us all together here," the neophyte glanced round at the others

"I do not know if these elves know one another, I certainly do not; so you have expended a great deal of effort to get a rag tag band of misfits in the same room, your reason must be a good one. However I serve the Red Lord and not the Drachau of Evarin; if you would have me change that I must know more. I cannot swear a sacred oath blind and deaf to a ruler whose name I do not even know."

Realising that she had been speaking rather abruptly to a highborn in her own spire Se'alara added a rather belated
"My lady."

Not collecting a pendent, not yet anyway. Se'alara wants to know more about the task the Drachau has in mind. She takes her oaths seriously afterall.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

'Mistress' was not all surprised that (some of) the group were sceptical, it was only natural and they were Druchii, forever suspicious of others' intentions. The Drachua was only a couple of inches taller than the female khainite so did not need to 'look down her nose' at her, not that she was in any case. Her unflinching gaze lingered on the Acolyte as she spoke, her lips curled into a half smile only when Se'alara remembered her manners.

"You worship the Red Lord, but you serve me now - else why did you answer my summons?" Clearly a rhetorical question since the beautiful Drachau did not pause for answer. "Se'alara, of the Temple of Bloody Joy, you chose to be here, as did three of the companions that stand beside you. How goes your quest? I don't imagine you found many 'worthy kills' in my once fair City." The Drachau flashed that sinister smile once more before continuing.

"You accepted a place within my Noble House when you accepted my summons, it is a great honour. You will surmise that I would not simply recruit anyone into my House, first I had to make sure that each of you was suitable to become a member of my retinue. Each of you is gifted, and now you have the chance to prove yourselves worthy of my generosity."

"All of my reasons are good ones. As to my name, you shall learn of it soon enough. In the meantime, you may call me... Mistress." That said, the Drachau finally broke off her penetrating gaze, momentarily, as her emerald eyes glanced to the luscious sorceress. "And thank you for that, Modrane."

OOC: It's easier to answer questions singularly rather than all at once, so I'll be doing lots of small posts instead of one big one :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Protocol seemed not to be the most acute preoccupation in that room. Notwithstanding the wide array of attitudes shown by the five newcomers, only the lengthy discourse of the rat-hunter was met with a rebuff by, well, Modrane was her name.
Actually, "rat-hunter" was obviously an understatement, this guy was showing a wealth of science and observation. What he described could well confirm a Nurgle infection. The detective would love to keep discussing with that scientist.

Of high interest was the drachau's reaction. Clavisson resumed progressively a standing attitude when he heard the angered voice. So, despite her cute appearance, she could show anger, which subdued her very powerful court.
She boasted to have crafted herself the Hadrikars' wards. A mistress of the Arcane, like the majority of her court. Anything could happen with those scatty minded people.

The drachua, or Mistress, as she asked them to call her, provided long awaited explanations.
The five of them were selected for their gifts. They were to join her personal retenue.
Funnily, Clavisson felt he knew now more about the court than about his new companions. What were their so precious gifts?

The Son of the Jail decided that the offer made to them was worth accepting - anyway it was the kind of proposal one could hardly decline.
As decent time had been left for whoever wished to speak up first, he replied.

"Mistress,
I feel highly honoured to have been chosen by you, in time of danger. I pledge my best to deserve the name friend that you offered us.
I will gladly accept your Hadrilkar as the first sign of your generosity, and I shall wear it with pride.
Please state your instructions."

He bowed again, but shortly, and after a short pause, went to take one of the wards.
As soon as he got it in his hands, the Hysh adept let the influx penetrate his body, his mind. How did it compare to the other amulet, which failed to protect the guard killed by Seth?

Agreeing to come to Mistress' service. Taking one of the wards. Gauging the ward.

OOC: I imagine that the group of sorceresses do not show any sign of being from the same family. Could you confirm?

Inventory: Drachau's note - 1 amulet - diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Shortly after she had knelt, attention shifted to other foreigners besides her. It seemed she would spend some time with these elves. With bowed head, she could not see much of them, but it was something to keep her eyes from rudely staring at the nobility.

First, a woman spoke with a nice voice and heated words. She gesticulated strongly, which showed her graceful hands and alabaster skin. After the Temple of Khaine was mentioned, Zarathi gasped. She had heard stories about the Brides of Khaine, too, and they were even bloodier than the ones about nobility. On the other hand, even such holy women probably needed help in certain matters. The lowborn did not understand why the devotee was travelling in a white robe where every stain would be visible. But maybe her god was demanding it.

Next, a short man let himself be heard. He spouted so many strange words that no one could possibly understand him. He wore a self made robe with many badly arranged pockets. Once she had taken a solid look, Zarathi begun to feel a bit more comfortable. She would not be the one least appropriately dressed in the throne room.

Another man was standing a bit behind, patiently waiting and observing. There was little she could deduce from his appearance alone - his draich could be stolen as her sword was. But somehow he did not seem very accustomed to appearing at the court.

Then the last member of their group spoke. Unlike all before him, his voice was respectful and cultivated, far more than his extravagant clothes would hint. He accepted the drachau's offer, bowed shortly and took one of the amulets.

This had to be the sign that she was allowed to move again.

“I accept your offer as well,”
she uttered. Feeling this would be impolitely short, she added: “I will serve you with all my strength.”

She stood up, took one of the pendants and took a while to admire the delicate handiwork.

“If I might ask, Mistress,” she said, looking at the pedestal, “why are there eight pendants? Has someone else yet to come?” She circled with her eyes around all elves in the room to avoid the ruler's piercing gaze.

So, this was it. A noble house found her somehow and sent an assassin to offer her a place within its ranks. She could hardly ask more. But Zarathi was hardly sure she really possesses any unusual talents the Mistress had talked about.

Accepting drachau's offer, taking a pendant.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

If truth be told Se'alara was not entirely satisfied with the answers she had received. Two things however prevented her from speaking out. One was an acute awareness of her position here. The Drachau seemed willing to accept a little back talk but this was her world and Se'alara was vulnerable. There could be little doubt that should the pretty little thing wish it Se'alara would not leave this room alive.

Second though and more important was the Dread Lady's display of knowledge about her history and personal goals; neither were well documented or widely broadcast. The only logical conclusion was that the TOBJ had seen fit to share that information, or at least not to hide it. If this noble had the tacit approval of her order then perhaps she was indeed supposed to take service here.

There was also another factor, and she was almost embarrassed to admit to it herself; food. Currently she didn't have any, nor gold enough to rectify that even if there was any for sale. Taking service with the Drachau must come with bed and board, or at least a few circlets.

Considering this Se'alara was not surprised when an elf standing behind her left shoulder, in a display of obsequiousness she found a little distasteful, almost dived on the silver pendent nearest to him. There was something very strange about that elf, nothing she could put her finger on, perhaps it was merely that he had been chosen. After all he had no weapons of note, no armour, not a warrior and no devotee. Time would surely tell.

"Very well, my lady," 'mistress' was far too grovely for a mortal, she wold have to find out the she elf's name. Lady BLANK would have to do, unless she managed to do something to win Se'alra's personal loyalty, which didn't seem terribly likely.

Walking across the floor the neophyte picked up the pendent nearest to hand, running the chain through her fingers. She did not place it around her neck, not just yet. If she was to take a Hadrilka she would do so properly.

Se'alara will take a pendent, albeit a little reluctantly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mistress was still smiling at the sarcastic quip she directed to Modrane when Clavisson spoke up, she directed the full force of her attention towards the mage and listened intently. When Clavisson had finished speaking the Drachau curtsied towards him, only flicking her emerald-eyes from his gaze for a moment as she bent low in her gesture of reverence.

"Your wisdom precedes you, Auxiliary Inquisitor Clavisson, Son of the Jail. I am honoured you considered my offer worthy enough to accept and that you presented yourself to me forthwith. A shame that my city did not offer a more amicable welcome." She paused just a for a moment as she considered her next words. "You stand as a beacon of light in the darkness before us. Be assured that you will have proper accommodation whilst under my roof, and a bug free bed."

As the mage moved to pick up his gift, Zarathi also pledged her service to the Drachau and Everains ruler watched the shade take a pendant and examine it's workmanship. "One pendant for each of my chosen champions. Alas, only four of you made it. I can only surmise the others are dead, taken by the plague or eaten by one of the foul creatures prowling my city." She paused as the shade looked shyly to the others within her group, and only resumed speaking when Zarathi finally braved the Drachau's apt unflinching gaze.

"Zarathi. An unfortunate incident that led to the fall of Lord Kaladhars estate - I pray that I will not be so foolish. The strength you pledged will be sorely tested, but I am confident that you are up to the challenge." The Drachau then curtsied to Zarathi in the same manner she did for Clavisson. "Welcome, then, into my embrace!"

The beautiful Druchii also curtsied for Se'alara as the female khainite accepted the offer, though it seemed the noble-lady could sense her reluctance to do so. "You are right to be cautious, Se'alara, I would be too if the roles were reversed. Loyalty is rewarded, serve me well and I, in turn, shall do the same for you."
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

As soon as she motioned to the protective charms Valin was thinking and trying to figure them out. The ensuing words by his new found companions was so much background noise. This almost certainly proves the disease is magical in origin, unless these charms are life magic and just counteract the effects, or perhaps death and target the infection. Thinking to himself he wandered over to the charms with the others and picked one up, turning it this way and that, even lifting it up to the light to get a better view.

Nothing being immediately obvious he tucked it into one of his pockets and looked back at his employer. “So,” he rubbed his hands together, “Where to now?”

Valin will pick up the charm and give it a once over before pocketing it.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The detective set up his new Hadrilkar, so that it would look like a praised jewel on his chest.
He inclined his head in respect as the Drachau boasted his merits.

His acceptance triggered the imitation of his new companions.
One robust girl from the bush. She asked simple and straigthforward questions.
One reluctant devotee from the Temple. Very independant, nearly insolent, no wonder she had been sent to a temple rather than become a housewife.
The rat-hunter. His speech definitively lacked any education.

Were them four or five? The detective looked around, and there was one last figure behind the four of them, that almost got forgotten.
A silent male Khainite with a pale face. Was he part already of the drachau's venue? Clavisson wasn't sure anymore to have seen him entering the room in a hurry.

Leaving future time to clear out this ambiguity, Clavisson asked for more information.

"Mistress,
we could provide much improved service if we were instructed about the situation, and about what you expect from each of us."

Asking information.

Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Taldein continued to stand in the shadows. He watched as the others exchanged pleasantries with Drachau and her court. He shuffled a bit as all the public pomp made him a bit uncomfortable. It reminded him of the way the nobles spoke to each other back in Ghrond and this was something that ha always made him uncomfortable.

He listened to the ongoing question and answer exchanges, taking in the information provided by all parties. He knew he had a role to play and perhaps this was the role he was meant to find here. While the others were speaking, he casually walked along the side to go and grab a pendant. As if nothing of import had a occurred, he walked back to his previous position and pocketed the pendant, unsure of the charm he has just grabbed. Everthing here was all a bit strange to him. Only the shadows provided their familiar comfort.

Taldein grabs a pendant and continues to listen and observe

OOC: sorry it seems short but seemed the best way to keep in character given what's going on. I'm omw to Oktoberfest in Munich just now so probably won't be able to post again until Sunday.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mistress flashed The Son of the Jail a half-smile. "Patience, my dear, you will be instructed soon enough. I am waiting for the return of my Vaulkhar before I inform you of your first task."

Mistress watched as both Valin and Taldein disdainfully picked up a pendant and shoved it contemptuously into their respective pockets, only a narrowing of the eyes betrayed her annoyance at such callous disregard for her property. "Ahem. 'Wear them with pride', I said! They are to be worn around the neck not thrust into your pockets like meaningless trinkets! Please be so kind as to wear them properly by following Clavissons excellent example."

Mistress tapped her leg impatiently as she waited for Valin and Taldein to wear their pendants in the intended manner. When that was done her lingering gaze once again lingered on Clavisson as he seemed the most impatient to receive the Drachua's instructions. And just as she was about to re-inform them about the nature of the various non-trivial, non-expendable, expedient tasks she had planned for her chosen Champions, the door swung open.

The grand hallway, by no means diminutive in size, seemed to shrink in the warriors presence. Without so much as a word or gesture, she shoved her way through the group of adventurers without physically touching any of them. Her greaves and battle-kilt were caked in gore and, as she thundered with slow strides to stand beside her Mistress, a trail of clotted and half-congealed blood followed her. She was every inch the warrior; no one could, or should, dispute that fact - she stood eye-level with Taldein, but was far broader and muscular. Her ocean-blue eyes scanned each of the group with nothing but cold, icy regard. Mistress looked like a small child standing next to the steel clad woman. Her right shoulder and arm were clad in a steel galerus and manica; her left arm and shoulder were completely bare and covered in scars. With her left hand she took off her corinthian helmet, causing her layered blue-black hair to tumble about her ginormous shoulders.

"What took you so long? Well, never mind, Khaela, you're here now and not a moment too soon."

Once again the Drachau settled her gaze on her apt audience. "Got a mission for you to prove yourselves. Getting here alive was simply a matter of winnowing out the weak, so, give yourselves a round of applause for not being dead. Now, on to the important matter of the task at hand."

"You have heard of the Star of Chaos? My piece has been stolen by a most vile witch, whom I trusted implicitly, or thought I did. We need it back. Simple, really. Khaela here will be accompanying you on your quest, to ensure your loyalty on the mission ahead. It need not be an unpleasant journey, but there will likely be some fighting along the way. Transportation and supplies have been arranged for you. For now, all you need do is follow my good friend, she will take you where you need to go. Alright then, put your pendants on and I will see you anon."

Heckling time, I presume... Ah, have your characters wear their pendants (properly, if you please) and make their way outside so we can begin the RP. Unless they have questions, which I'm sure some of your characters might! If your characters do go outside to wait you can have some IC chat amongst yourselves, let them get to know each other a bit, make introductions etc...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The arrival of a now blood stained warrior (if she truly was the Vaulkhar then 'mistress' really must be low on troops, to risk her general in such a manner, that or foolish) set things in motion. Now that all had taken hold of a pendent she was wasting no time. It seemed there would be no standing on ceremony either merely a snappish tone and an instruction to wear their pendents 'properly'. No oaths of allegiance or legal contracts. Once again she was confident; impulsive or foolish, or perhaps it was all a ruse.

Se'alara considered this as the nature of their task was laid out; in short they were thief taking. Some 'vile witch' had stolen from her liege, this did not improve Se'alara's opinion of the dread lady but her description of the missing item did pique her interest.

Lacing the pendent around her neck Se'alara spoke once again,
"Your pardon my lady but if I might ask. I am not familiar with the star of chaos as more than an abstract symbol used by northern barbarians and those degenerates in our own society vulgar enough to stray from the true gods. We are to take it that this is some artefact?

"Further; I would ask if this witch has a name, if she acts alone and what she looks like. Also if you have any idea where she might be heading. Many questions My Lady but if one must find a needle in a haystack it is well to know what the needle looks like."

Putting on the pendent and asking questions about the mission.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

OOC: I am not sure why, I can only assume technical difficulties, but Mini PMed me the mod post with instructions to post it.

Mistress, ever patient, turned to Se'alara as the young acolyte asked for more information.

"Pertinent questions, indeed. Though it is not common knowledge, I shall tell you what I can. The Star of Chaos is more than an abstract symbol, nor any simple artefact - in actuality it is a key to the Chaos Gate itself, which our forefathers split into segments during the time of the Sundering. Should the key be re-forged and someone be foolish enough to use it, then Chaos will be unleashed on this world once again."

The Drachau paused momentarily, as if in doubt as to what to say next. "Your other questions are... troubling. Her true name and identity were not revealed to me. We believe she acts as a pawn of the Chaos gods in a far larger scheme. However, my sources tell me that she has fled to the Chaos Wastes, perhaps to deliver the fragment to her masters though one can never be sure of anything when Chaos plays a hand."

"If I may speak," the lifeless, monotonous voice of the albino assassin rumbled from the shadows at the rear of the grand hallway.

"You may."

"The longer you deliberate with your guests the more your city falls into ruin. Just send them on the mission - Khaela knows what has to be done."

"I'm endearing them to my service as valuable allies; if they are to become ephemeral to our success then it would be inadvisable to treat them with impunity. I cannot expect to them to trust me if I do not inform them of what is going on."

Silence ensued for a few moments; perhaps it was wise for the assassin not to test the Drachau's waning patience.

"So, to answer your question, my dear Valin, you will be venturing into the Chaos Wastes for your first mission. Khaela knows of what you seek and will guide you on your quest, everything has been arranged for you. Now then, as much as I would love to discuss the current situation with you, there are more pressing matters to which I must attend. Please make your way outside, Khaela will join you presently.” She looked at them sternly, before adding: “Don’t make me dismiss you a third time!”

Outside, down the steps from the city hall to the circular courtyard below the ground was strewn with dozens, if not hundreds of corpses. Decapitated heads, severed limbs and other appendages lay in large, almost neat piles (as neat as a corpse pile could be, at any rate) alongside torsos in various states of being hacked to pieces. Seemingly, not an inch of ground was left untouched by the bloody debacle. Whilst the group were safe in the confines of the city hall, someone else had been very busy neutralising any threat the damned townsfolk might have offered.

Same as before - only now 'Mistress' is a little more peeved. Since I am going to be away for the next 3-5 days I wanted to get the RP to a place where you can post freely without me having to post to keep things moving! Hopefully we'll be able to move into the second part of the prologue during the next mod post.

Gentleman of Moderation
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

The drachau welcomed Zarathi into her service with a curtsy. The mercenary immediately replied with a respectful bow, taking care to lower her head more than her new mistress did. She remained so until other's pledge of allegiance was accepted in the same manner. Then she straightened her back again and looked around cautiously. She had many questions. Some of them were asked by others.

Star of Chaos. Treacherous sorceress. Pawns, Chaos Wastes and a far larger scheme. Words far above her reach, far outside the world she could understand. But for now, her instructions were clear. She bowed deeply once more, turned around and, having waited for others, left the throne room.

Outside a scene of utter massacre opened to her view. Only now she grasped how devastating this plague actually was. She wondered how many elves were actually still surviving in this poor city. The ground was filled with gore and she had to step carefully if she wanted to avoid getting stained. It helped her not to think about all the grave things awaiting her for a few moments at least.

When she arrived on a clearer spot, she turned around. These were her companions for some time, then. Only time will tell how much she could trust them. She put a friendly face on and awaited their words.

Zarathi bows, goes outside and waits, reluctant to say something herself.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The Drachau answered her questions in a courteous manner which was pleasing but her patience was not inexhaustible. Good, Se'alara could never serve anyone without a backbone. That said the answers to the questions did not fill her with joy. No name, no description beyond female (though the hulk would no doubt recognise her) and only 'north' for a direction. This would be no easy task, but then if it were easy the Drachau would have dealt with it already.

Her description of the stolen item was interesting. Se'alara was a little surprised not to have heard of it but such a potent and dangerous artefact was something the High Born might want to keep to themselves. Certainly any item that could undo the Vortex would have to be of almighty power. Se'alara remembered her lessons of the Sundering, what elf did not know those stories? Even if all of the other segments remained in the proper hands (those of the Druchii obviously) a Chaos degenerate with even a fragment of that power was a threat. Se'alara looked forward to killing her, that would indeed be a worthy kill.

Having secured their new Haldrika properly she and these others were 'invited' to be on their merry way. Leaving the same way she had come in Se'alara was greeted with a slaughter, which was nice. The courtyard was piled high with devastated bodies and the Neophyte made a mental note not to take on Khalea in a fair fight, if indeed this was all her work. She could see no others but Druchii architecture was cunning before all else.

Stepping over the bodies with blood sheeting off the hem of her robe she considered taking off her boots to better enjoy the fresh battle field, but that was pleasure she could not currently indulge. Their prey had a head start on them after all, they needed a plan and they needed one quickly. Much as she hated to admit it Se'alara was no expert when it came to man hunts, getting slaves to the TBJ was difficult enough that they were too valuable for playing with. Something the Drachau had said came to mind though.

“Inquisitor Clavisson the Dread Lady called you,” Se'alara said to the elf in question once they were all outside
“I would imagine you have some experience in these matters. The Chaos wastes are vast, but they are also far away and there a few safe routes to get there. We could try our luck on those roads but I don't like our odds, not just trusting to fate.” Realising that she was going off on a tangent Se'alara tried to get back to the point, the uncomfortable business of asking for help,

“You may know better than I. Have you any suggestions?”

Se'alara is turning to the good inquisitor for his professional opinion, she is not quite sure what an inquisitor does but knows that the name sounds investigatory.

Gentleman of Moderation