Greetings

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Danbob87
Slave (off the Altar)

Greetings

Post by Danbob87 »

Hello to all.

I have been lurking around these parts for a while and I figured with a new book and lovely new models to play with now was an opportune moment to stake my claim in Druchii society...

I'm a long time 40k player and I came so close to starting a Dark Elf army way back during Storm of Chaos with the Cult of Slaanesh list, so when I started Fantasy just under a year ago I decided to go that route and convert myself the cult army I always wanted, but only using the normal list rather than trying to get away with the super broken shades as core ons obviously.

So that's me, I'm no tournament player and my armies tend to end up as fluffy pillows, I often spend more time converting models than playing games with them.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Greetings

Post by Omnichron »

Welcome Danbob87!

Nice to see some fluffy players as well. I also found the old cult of slaanesh to be slightly too powerful with the shades around, although it was better to play back then than the normal DE army as it was the horrible 6th edition book.

It should be easy enough to make a nice cult army with the normal Dark Elf rules :)
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Greetings

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome! The old CoS army is what convinced me to jump over to DE's way back when. The great news is that we can actually make a pretty decent go at putting one together now.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0