Old player new to DE

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Reddawn
Trainee Warrior

Old player new to DE

Post by Reddawn »

Hi Guys

My entering to the hobby began roughly 12 years ago, when 1 of my best friends and I each bought the Empire-O&G startbox to each of our son's for X-mas, In hope of having a fun hobby to join around and good times all together.

Well those lads interest for the hobby didnt last long, but my friend and I was hooked. And since then I have been playing and collecting Warhammer models, my friend aswell.

Im kind of new to play with DE, thou I have been collecting them for several years now, my last game with them is around 4-5 years ago.

You might wonder why I havnt started to play with them until now. One of the reasons was that I didnt liked the Hydra powerbuild lists etc. For me it wasnt a Army that challenge me as a played.
A nother reson is that I also have a "huge" collection of Empire, O&G, VC and HE, of which I mostly have played Empire and O&G.
And when not playing Fantasy, I pull out one of my 40K armies: BA, Nids, CSM or the IG's, who also have grown tremendously over the years.
And my work tend to send me around the world in periods between 1-6 months.

When I play in the local club, the army size played is mainly between 3000-4000 when it comes to Fantasy.
But when we play in my man cave in our basement, the points are raised to 6000, and on rare occasions we go all in.

My way of playing and enjoying this hobby, is to make army builds that are fun, not overpowered and challenging to play with and againts. Thou sometimes when I feel a opponent needs a lesson in "sportmanship", fun gameing etc. I go nasty beyond imagination and hand him his ass on a silverplate with a carrot for decoration when the battle is over.

Reddawn
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Old player new to DE

Post by xFallenx »

6K games? Damn, that would be one hell of a day. Welcome to the site.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Reddawn
Trainee Warrior

Re: Old player new to DE

Post by Reddawn »

Thank you

6k take some time, roughly 4-5 hours. But its time well spend :-)

Red