Entering Warhammer Fantsay

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

InstantKarma
Slave (off the Altar)

Entering Warhammer Fantsay

Post by InstantKarma »

Avid 40k player who has always stalked on the sidelines of Fantasy. Always loved the elves the most (all 3 flavors) but I'm considering going for my first 'bad guy' army with Dark Elves.

Since 40k favors shooting, and I play Tau regularly, diving into Fantasy with an army that is notorious for it's hand-to-hand abilities (though your shooting is far from shabby) seems like a good way to dive into the game :)
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Re: Entering Warhammer Fantsay

Post by Dangerous Beans »

May I be the first to congratulate you InstantKarma on choosing to join the Dark side - we are the true champions of the universe as you'll come to discover :twisted: Just don't go around saying that you admire High Elves too loudly on here! ;)
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

You can certainly go either way with this army, dark elves can do shooting phase very well.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
InstantKarma
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by InstantKarma »

My friend is playing High Elves, which is part of the lure for going 'dark' :twisted:

Also if I go gunline, said friend will no doubt pull his hair out the say I'm not allowed to play Tau in both 40k AND Fantasy :P
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

LOL. You made a good choice. Tactically challenging but rewarding. But you play Tau, so you should be used to that. ;)
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
InstantKarma
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by InstantKarma »

Back in 4th and 5th ed 40k, I almost regretted Tau. In 6th, it well...does tend to heavily favor shooting, and my army is good at that.

Just need these power gamers to stop the Riptide spam. Gives the Greater Good a bad name you know.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0