Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Group 38 OOC

Post by Nightcall »

Jcitalia4 wrote:Is no one else here a Justin Bieber/Kanye West/One direction fan? maaaaaan
!lol! I do have an Aha CD knocking around somewhere...
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Haha nice one! Just wanted to drop a quick not that im going backpacking along the east coast of Oz for the next 3 weeks so it is very likely ill not be able to get online for a significant enough time to post. Is it alright to just drag along cade with the story? Excited for the next chapter!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

No problem at all. Enjoy your hike :) Just don't go swimming in any billabongs...

Doing the next Mod Post now. Had a busy time this weekend writing up an interview with some Morris Men. 8)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi all, I've been checking on the thread every other day, and have seen that there are no new posts since I made the last Mod Post. I'm really waiting on MG to let me know if he wants Nathra to go after that orb, and also give me some lead on how to play things with getting her to the rest of the group in the granary. So please bear with me. If nothing's up this weekend, I will probably just ramble on and godmode Nathra along, although I'd really prefer not to have to do this. I like to give you all choice and a bit of control with your characters!

MG, if you're around, I hope things are okay. Starting to worry about you!

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey Nightcall!

Don't worry about me. I've suffered life long enough to cope with it... Most of the time! My recent skin infection, however, did fairly reduce me to a suicidal state, more so than that usual!

I'm pretty sure I said Nathra would be going after the Orb!

From there she'll be looking to join up with the rest of the army ASAP.

I will try and get a post up soon, hopefully I'll manage one tomorrow! But if I can't or don't post, Nightcall, feel free to Mod her along for me. Will get back to my 'normal' melancholic self sooner or later!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Minigrift wrote:Hey Nightcall!

I'm pretty sure I said Nathra would be going after the Orb!

Good stuff, just wanted to check that's still the desired course of action as that was a few posts back and well... people change their minds. ;) Hope you're on the mend, it sounds horribly uncomfortable.

I've been having to work LOTS this past week, and also have an article to write for something or other so haven't been able to post. Will get this next Mod Post up today or tomorrow.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

And... I have posted, finally! Pow!

I'm eager to start the next stage of the RP - the whole get to the roof for a fight thing has taken too long, partially because I've been absent for a while. But hopefully we can get things back on track ;)

Figured you will be killing Asilah off since Zacharius hasn't returned... It's a shame, after initial bouts of spitefulness she and Nathra might have become friends.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I've come to the realisation that I am trying to do to much at the moment, and not giving this RPG the attention it needs. With work, writing commitments, and a rather big illustration commission that's going to keep me busy for at least another 5 months, I am struggling to find the time to even visit D.Net, let alone post here.

Now we have two options.

Firstly, if you can accept that I can and will only post about once a month, then I can keep the thread running - albeit at snail's pace.

Secondly, I place the group on hold until I have time to pick things up again.

I am really sorry to have to make this post. I have really enjoyed GMing, and I have the next 2 chapters already planned, with ideas for the 3rd bubbling away in my brain.

I would hate to walk away right now, so please let me know what you would like to do.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, Nightcall, that is sad news. I don't mind stalling the RP for a few months while you get done what needs to be done, just so long as you come back again ;)

Of course, I would rather we continue the group on a regular basis but I would also prefer that each of us has the time to dedicate to the story and do a good job of it. Perhaps a little time off would be good for all of us to recharge and we can continue with the RP when we are all able to commit to the story! Running my own group as well as participating in the other two groups can get rather taxing at times, so I reckon a break for a while might do me some good as well.

I really don't want this RP to stop though, as I've really enjoyed it so far and we're actually just getting to the point when we can start roleplaying with each other (that's the impression I get, anyways). Perhaps, when we do start again we might have other offers of interest - three people for an RP is okay, but four or even five makes things that little bit more exciting/interesting for everyone involved, it does require more work but's usually worth it!

My vote is: do what you got to do, Nightcall, just don't abandon us completely 8)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Yeah i agree with MG. Ill go at whatever pace you deem necessary. You take care of you first but please dont disband the RP! Im really enjoying it! I also agree some added characters would do well once you decide to bring it back into the fold! Best of luck!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

nightcall! How are you doing? Missing us at all? Just thought I'd drop a line to check on how you were doing. Hope the holiday season is faring you well!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hello folks,

I am SO SORRY I didn't get back sooner. JC kindly reminded me to get my ass back in here with a PM!

Well, things are nuts for me at the moment. My writing's taken off and I am writing articles for 2 magazines, with other pieces for my blog, and also a mythology magazine and blog on Northern European mythology and folklore after my musings. Not to mention, I have to do 100 illustrations by next summer. I have finished 30 out of the 130... it's keeping me really busy though.

Work is hectic and I'm having to work 6 days a week on top of all this, plus trying not to neglect my dear long suffering husband and feisty toddler.

I want to assure you that YES I do want to continue with this story, but I don't know right now when I can return on a regular basis. I'll get some time off over xmas so should be able to get things back in shape at some point then or in the New Year. BUT, I will only be able to post every couple of weeks, at least until autumn if I am brutally honest with you.

I've heard we might need some more victims, I er mean, recruits... to join us in the thread. So if it sounds good to you... I'll wrap up this chapter with a bit of a mega post. Then recruit for more players, and start with Chapter 3.

So, what do you say? Shall we spill the blood of our hated cousins, or drag our sorry selves back to the Land of Chill and try to explain our failure to our forgiving overlords? *cough*
;)

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

NC! Great to hear from you and ecstatic for you and all your successes! Yes, I would definitely love to continue the RP. There was chatter of a new group opening up and with MG's group closing in addition to not hearing from you I felt I should PM before making a solid decision. looking forward to getting rolling again!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Right! I need a roll call of those of you who still want to continue. I can then summarise grisly endings or stealthy withdrawals for those who are not carrying on to the next chapter. Then I can see if we can bring in more people to the RPG.

Let me know below if you're with us for Chapter 3.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey NC, welcome back ;)

Am happy to continue participating if you are happy to have me!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Present
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I'll need to round up another 2 or 3 people then. Diving into the CC thread, will PM some of them to see if they're worthy... I mean... interested. :)

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Grand. I think theyve recently been picked by the active people on the site so might warrant a general call for people.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year!

We have had one "maybe". Nothing else so far. I will keep a look out in CC and PM everyone once we're ready to roll again.

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Happy new years to you too NC! I hope you weren't fighting off a two day hangover like myself.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I was fresh as a daisy New Year's Day :) Probably because I was in bed by 11:00... Oh the shame!

Well, we caught one! Welcome please to Trosfuktaren.

Name: Amathus the exile
Sex: Male
Height: 176cm
Weight: 63kg
Appearance: Dark grey of skin and a face partially deformed by heavy beatings. A less than appealing physical posture accompanied with a social modesty as though he covers from gazing eyes. Though young, the physical and mental hardship of his life has aged him.

Character class: Mage

Character statistics:
WS: 2
S: 3
T: 5
D: 3
I: 5

Starting equipment: Staff, short sword

Starting skills: Power of ghyran (1), alchemy

Character background: Upon birth, a life of rejection was already waiting for Amathus, for he was a lowborn and an ugly one at that, with a twisted spine and unattractive features. Had his father been alive during his birth, Amathus would most likely never have opened his eyes.

His mother cared for him, a rare thing amongst druchii, despite his physical challenges and in return he learned to care for her, the only one in this world who would not seek to harm him. He was shunned by everyone who ever had the misfortune of laying eyes upon his wretched body. Amathus miraculously survived several beatings during his adolescence, mostly due the magical affiliations of his mother who was able to recover his wounds. This process was repeated for many years, during which Amathus felt less of the pain inflicted on his body and more of the life bringing it back by the care of his mother.

After one heavy beating, Amathus stumbled in to his home leaning over the kitchen table. His mother, terrified by the sight of his face distorted and full of blood ran to his aid. She washed the blood off his face only to freeze in fear of what she saw. He had no wounds.
A few days after this incident Amathus woke up in the middle of the night, his mother leaning over him whispering that they must leave at once. She took him far away from the city, they walked for hours. Suddenly they wandered off the road and into the forest. Amathus did not ask his mother where they were going for he trusted her with his heart. They walked and walked until the sun had passed the sky and night met them yet again. His feet hurt and he began to feel drowsy, his mother explained that they were going to set camp and sleep until the sun would rise once more. Before Amathus felt the touch of sleep his mother whispered to him: I will not see you become prey of the dark prince. When he woke up she was gone.

Character ambition: Though Amathus long for his mother he knows the meaning of her actions, the witch king does not look upon male sorcerers with favor. More importantly, he does not know the way home. Alone in the wilderness he is forced to rely on the scarce knowledge he possesses and his raw and unexplored ability to manipulate living things only to hope that he will survive long enough to find a way back to his mother.

The path of gyran
Any means to survive (Lore of the wilderness, tracking etc.)

Mod, Group 38
Trosfuktaren
Warrior

Post by Trosfuktaren »

Hi there, thank you for letting me join, i'm thrilled to start playing with this group =)
Amanthus the exile - sorcerrer
Stats: WS2 S3 T5 D3 I5
Equipment: Staff, High elf staff, short sword
Skills: Power of Ghyran (1), alchemy
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

wonderballs! look forward to RPing with you
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Tum tee tum... just need one or two more... I'm still here to get things going again!

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Same! Donde estas le RPers :p
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4