Happy New Year everyone.

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rualkir
Slave on the Altar

Happy New Year everyone.

Post by Rualkir »

I have been wandering these streets for many months. Always unseen my presence felt by no one. A silent watcher and listener who has only been reading yet never written a word. When suddenly my world was turned upside down and I found myself chained to the altar. Strangely, I was released. While being confused and disoriented I sense a new scary feeling. People are taking notice of me. I'm robbed of my cover but I received a great ability in exchange for it. I'm not voiceless anymore.

Greetings great Dreadlords and Dreadladies,

I'm your humble servant Rualkir. While being only 270 years old, I have already undertaken lots of successful raids in the Old World in a province called Hessen which is located in the middle of a land with the name Germany.

Ok, normally I'm not raiding much it's more like doing nothing. And that is what I want to change.

I started playing Wh40k in 1998 with the release of the new Space Marine models. First army Ultrasmurfs followed by Eldar, Grey Knights and finally Space Wolves.

I also read the fantasy parts of the WD and was specially interested in the Dark Elves articles. Guess the first time I took notice of druchii.net was the WD were Gav Thorpe mentioned your help at improving the old 6th edition army book. "Executioners get heavy armour because they obviously wear heavy armour."
The first time I took a look at your board was after the publication of 7th ed. army book. I bought the armybook a new pack of Corsairs and Cold One Knights I even started reading the Malus series. Which I have to admit, I really like.
(Guess it's the cheerful personality of the protagonist and of course highlights are his interactions with my personal favourite character Hauclir.)
Sadly, time and work got in my and my Dark Elves way and so most of them remained in their sprues. :cry:

Five years later the fever got me again. Being the wise man I am, I haven't bought any miniatures this time. However, for the last three months I've been visiting this forum on a daily basis especially the battle reports, painting and armies of Naggaroth sub forums.
The fever hasn't cooled down yet and so it was time to try to join the Druchii and their bright side of life. ;)

Funny thing, my fortune cookie told me that it would be worth to review some old lessons. Absolutely sure now that it meant my English lessons in school. While I have no problems with comprehension at all, I'm absolutely out of practice. Don't worry, I promise it will get better. My friends the WWW and auto-correction are already helping me a lot.

One last thing. I've already read the Draich article about what wins games, chaff clearing etc, got my hands on the rulebook and Dark Elves book. I have some Dark Elves models and a little bit of a plan what to get next but I'm not sure about it. Which sub forum would be the right one to ask for some tips?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Happy New Year everyone.

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Rualkir to D.net! :D
With the excellent spirit you show, there's no doubt you'll soon be a great contributor to the site.
I may suggest you the Army List forum, telling where you aim to go for upgrading your present collection to an 1000/1500/2000pts army (pick up the most suitable, taking your gaming club habits into account).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

To a New Year and to Fresh Victories!
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Rualkir
Slave on the Altar

Post by Rualkir »

Thank you for the warm welcome. ^^ I mean terrific welcome of course.

I may suggest you the Army List forum, telling where you aim to go for upgrading your present collection to an 1000/1500/2000pts army[...]

Good Point, I haven't thought about the size of the army. I'll keep that in mind.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Fear not, your English is already far better than most native users. Welcome to the group!
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360