New Epub Army book

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Yahooeyu
Slave on the Altar

New Epub Army book

Post by Yahooeyu »

Hello. Ill buy paper book, and not really want to pay one more time for digital version for IPpad.
someone know place, where possible download new army book? :burns:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: New Epub Army book

Post by Dalamar »

Nope.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Yahooeyu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Yahooeyu »

yeah i see,
but it's no fair play from GW!
sell books and sell electronic books =)
especialy (digital book have updates)

I think it's will be great to have promo code for all persons who buy paper book.
And Im perry sure, a lot of you want to take it free, and no want to pay double!.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

You don't have to buy both.
7th edition army book:

Yahooeyu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Yahooeyu »

in theory yes,
but i don't want bring with me books, and it's more easy to have digital codex + digital magic + digital rulebook

I like paper, but in digital you can move, zoom and find all quick. and for this reason better to have both, but don't pay for both =)...
well, lets just wait for nice Epub copy, or maybe someone will share it.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

As the eBook is "sold" by G.W. I doubt the legality of sharing it freely. A scan of the hardcopy book is, unfortunately, also an infringement of the copyrights.

I get your point though.. I'd hate to "buy the same book twice". But much like buying a movie on a tape doesn't give me the movie on Blu-Ray, so is buying one version of the book not going to give the other one for free.

I suspect that, if they were to offer both for one price, then the prices would go up. The eBooks, by what I've seen, are somewhat different from the paper versions. This means they had to be re-edited. This cost needs to be covered somehow.

Perhaps, they could offer a discount for people who bought the paper book. Or perhaps they could offer a cheaper combo for people who want to have both.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Funny thing is, the ebook has errors in it while the paper book doesn't.
7th edition army book:

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That would be another indication that the production/development is quite different.. or at least at some point splits up. I suspect not all corrections to the paper version made it to the eBook, or were lost in transition.
It's strange though, that such a thing happens on the eBook... which could have a spelling checker.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

I just buy the iBooks version. Don't bother getting both. And the iBook version gets updated too.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

Dragon9 wrote:I just buy the iBooks version. Don't bother getting both. And the iBook version gets updated too.

Played a guy who brought the ebook. There was a super big error. Like they gave the Cauldron crew killing blow or some such. I had to show him how the paper book didn't have it and that the paper book should be the default. But how do you argue that when GW produces both?
Yahooeyu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Yahooeyu »

well
I think Ibook version better, because it's have updates. and paper book have no updates (solo in white dwarf) and it;s not so quick.
So i think Ibook version is MORE updated and have less mistakes. (but in future)

P.S. ill brought tape video many years ago, and after this time all we have Blu-ray ( but we also have Video Torrents) =)

But anyway ( GW up price and do a lot shiz to gain our money for nothing).
BUT anyway i think it's not so fair.
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

When I first got the iBook version, they had the Darkshard listing in the Witch Elfs entry. Correct Witch Elf stats in the back though. It got corrected pretty quick though.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Most comics company's now include a single use code in their issues that grants access to a digital copy in their preferred app. This is awesome.

GW will however never do it.

BTW I own both Hard copy and digital of both WFB & Druchii books, the digital copy is great for on the go checks with its included search feature!
Yahooeyu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Yahooeyu »

Well it's not so hard.

And maybe it's illegal, but ill bought it once, and dont want to pay twice.

Epub possible download from ipad easyly.
Connect to Itunes or otro filemmanager, and just copy.

And im so surprised, i still cant find it in internet.