Giant 40k/WFB Rumor dump - next WH edition

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Giant 40k/WFB Rumor dump - next WH edition

Post by Calisson »

...to be found here
Warning, there are some 26 pages of document to read...
In format this appears to be one half of a chat conversation. It is fairly easy to figure out the other side of it.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Re: Giant 40k/WFB Rumor dump - next WH edition

Post by Ragian Cain »

Gah, I really don't want more 40K in my Manhammer... :shock:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

The fact of how detailed it is is one of the main reasons to debunk it as fake.

Ask yourself, how detailed were the leaks for dwarfs (Giant underground mole like machine anyone?)
Ask yourself what do we know about wood elf release, set for next month?

I find this to be highly improbable.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

There have been major false rumors in the past, so I'm not going to worry/prepare until I actually see it.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Have to agree this is very unlikely. Too many variables in both rule sets to be combined without upsetting players from either game.
The old warhammer siege companion from 3rd or 4th edition had rules for both in one book but that was when 40k took some skill to play.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Dyvim tvar wrote:There have been major false rumors in the past, so I'm not going to worry/prepare until I actually see it.

Same here. I stopped putting any stock into rumors years ago. So much bunk and wishlisting goes into them. GW zipped up after the last WoC book (7th) and LZ was basically entirely leaked 2 weeks before it came out. Reliable sources sealed up and stopped posting too much.

Definitely looks like a revision, and not a re-write (thankfully). Basically, it seems like they want to streamline both systems and to a point, I think that's a good thing (if you like both but can only really commit memory to one of them) but on the other hand, too much homogenization is a bad thing. My understanding is that it's going to come out in a WD (little more info on that here) so at least we won't need to buy a whole new book. Two ways to build armies, but if you stick with the traditional FO chart (Battle Forged) there will be benefits (thinking like some missions where fast or heavy can also capture objectives like troops) but if you use this new Unbound Army you can make some crazy stuff but don't get what are likely tactical bonuses. Dunno, few weeks to go and we'll have more info! :)
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

The movement one was the trigger for me. I didn't pay much attention after words because movement speed makes sense for a fantasy game. There is long marches between the stabbing and bludgeoning, and the game focuses on large rank and file troops. Something like warhammer 40k, is more squad base, so them running and gunning makes more viable sense to me.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra