My Retirement

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Loki
Brolock
Brolock

My Retirement

Post by Loki »

Well, I think that's this has been a long time coming, but I'll make it official and announce my retirement from this site. My life has taken me away from Warhammer and I just no longer have time to play games or get on the website, heck I haven't even seen the newest Dark Elf army book. A lot of you probably don't even know who I am, but I was once pretty active on this site and in the chat room (yes we have, or at least had a chatroom) I made many friends here who I've kept in touch with outside of the site. Not to get all mushy, but this site helped me more than just with the game and I spent a lot of good hours here, and I'll always have the memories of the long times we spent in the chat.

Anyways I'm rambling like an old person tends to do. I wish all of you the best of luck in your warhammering and would thank the team here for this wonderful new site.

Deuces,
Loki
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: My Retirement

Post by Calisson »

Welcome among The Black Pilgrims! Not many are admitted alive into that group. ;)

Plenty of good memories on your avatar (Daisies - Kinslayer would recall if he was still among us), your location (Instructing Khel on the proper way to grovel - but who remembers Khel?), your signature (Rork establishing his superior technique in a tech duel // your attempt at a contest for D.net upper band), and all together, your modesty and great sense of humor.
Well, I need to stop now, it looks more an eulogy :killed: than a retirement speech :) .

Many old timers I came to know for years retire, publicly or effectively, one after another. That's life's toll.
I am left with Rork, Dyvim, Dalamar and a group of youngsters you might not even know the name, despite their eagerness and talent. D.net is fortunate to have them.
Thanks to them, D.net keeps evolving and providing enjoyable entertainment for all readers.

Please receive our deepest thanks to have made D.net what it was when we registered, and have it maintained so long throughout your active participation.
As your new Black Pilgrim status allows, you're welcome to come by whenever a bit of nostalgia hits you. 8)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Sad to see you go Loki.
I've only joined this community a few years ago so have not seen you that active...
But i know what it is when real life takes over.

Good luck...and who knows we might meet again in the future.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

One more of the old men of D.net toddles off into retirement. I've been here nearly 12 years now...eesh, I teach kids younger than that... :o_O:

All the best Lokester...but now who is going to give me my pills...?

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Disappointed to see you go, especially as I never got to know you.

Wishing you all the best "in real life" & thanks for your part in maintaining and passing on D.net to us of the younger e-generation.

Salutations!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Farewell Loki - our forum paths crossed a few times and I enjoyed your contributions to threads. I hope things go well in the real world.

And don't forget - you may reach a point in your life when you again have both the time and the inclination to warhammer with dark elves. So you may be back, and if you are, I'm sure everyone will be psyched. If not, then truly all the best and have fun :)

Not good bye perhaps, but until next time!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Best wishes for your future Loki, and don't sell your miniatures. One day you might find your way back to the hobby.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Thank you for your presence and effort in helping shape the community, Loki, and for laughs and ponders. We'll keep the lanterns lit and the key under the doormat in case you find the time to pop in again!
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Dalamar wrote:Best wishes for your future Loki, and don't sell your miniatures. One day you might find your way back to the hobby.

Man that's no joke. Game store closed, got married, had kids, minis sat in closet for 10 years. I missed at least 2 full editions of the army list, and here I am, back again. If I had sold the minis, there's no way I'd have started again from scratch at these current prices.

Never say never. You might trim things back a little, sell off some bits, but I'd highly recommend keeping the core of your force intact.

In the meantime, happy trails, and sorry I never really knew you. You were apparently active during those 10 years I was just talking about... :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Farewell and best wishes.

Never say never though ...
Truly These are the End Times ...
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Thanks to all for your wishes. I plan on selling off some of my armies, I have 4 Fantasy and 3 40 and some friends who are looking to buy. However, I'll always be holding onto those dark elves for that rainy day and I mat yet get a game in this year.

A little more info, almost since I've joined I've been coaching a middle school field hockey team (ages 12-15) and I've recently taken up a high school girls lacrosse job in the spring as well as a promotion at my full time job. All in all during the season I'm working about 70 to 80 hours a week and 50 to 60 off season, Warhammer just sort of lost its appeal with the ever changing rules and editions, I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. Someday I'll be back. (Also, holy crap I've been here over 10 years. I AM old)
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ