3,000 pts inc Tyrion vs Beastmen

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

3,000 pts inc Tyrion vs Beastmen

Post by flatworldsedge »

I'm re-playing my Beastman friend this weekend (first battle here http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75997) and he's whinging that 2,000 pts isn't enough for what he wants to do. I'm not sure what he plans to do... no doubt a reaction to the last battle - meaning he will either go heavy on shooting (I don't see Beastmen have many options here) or boost his magic phase?

He's suggested 3,000 and as I'm devoting all my energy to painting/converting my small force am not keen on cutting up cardboard/proxies/bases for many more troops. Instead, I'm thinking of just throwing Tyrion into my basic 2,000 pt list.

With the obvious boosts to core (+2x 5 DR, and +6 WE) that would look as follows. What do you think? It looks kind of fun to play, but do you see any major issues?

Tyrion
Dreadlord on Cold One, SDC, Hvy, Lance, Black Amulet, Charmed Shield, Sword of Antiheroes
Master BSB on Cold One, SDC, Hvy, Shield, Lance
9x Cold One Knights

Supreme Sorceress Level 4, Life, Talisman of Preservation, Pegasus, Dispel Scroll

Kharibdyss

30x Witch Elves

5x Dark Riders, Musician, Shields, Crossbows

5x Warlocks
5x Warlocks

5x Shades
5x Shades
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 3,000 pts inc Tyrion vs Beastmen

Post by T.D. »

Tyrion is the ideal character for chopping up the various monstrosities he will be sure to throw at you!

Looks like a way to go.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Too cold
Executioner

Post by Too cold »

For lore of Life, would a high elf caster be better? I haven't completely wrapped my mind around this whole change but I think I read that somewhere...
Too Cold

Only Khaine can judge me!
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Too cold wrote:For lore of Life, would a high elf caster be better? I haven't completely wrapped my mind around this whole change but I think I read that somewhere...

At 3k, you're gonna want a secondary wizard. Either in the form or warlocks or a 2nd caster... For lore of life theres very little difference between a DE and HE caster, except the HE can take Book of OP-ness. If youre set on having her on a pegasus, consider a cloak of twilight on her for superior protection vs offensive spells.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Thanks all! The game was the only warhammer thing I managed to do this weekend. He had a weird list with 10x 10 Shortbow skirmishers, big Bestigor block, two Cygors and a Herdstone spam set up. Battle report on my to do list for this weekend. Tyrion is insane. In my CO bus with Veysha's challenge kit it's just not fair. They slaughtered everything they touched. Lots of dead both sides, however - blood everywhere.